We are a young couple and we thought this hotel was fantastic value for an AI. The food was lovely and we eat out a lot at good restaurants. They swapped the buffet every second night to a speciality night. The best thing about this place is the staff... the bar staff, the reception and the gym staff were so lovely.
There is a few steps down to the beach but they are very low and this was very easy... the views are amazing. We hired a car and discovered corfu and the car hire guy was a great laugh and did a good deal.
Clientle is 95% over 50 so meant it was pretty pedestrian for entertainment but great for relaxing. Defnitely go down to the local tavernas in the town as they were lovely too.
There is some bagging of loungers, but to be honest there are plenty and there is no other solution to this problem... ps if there is a Q for the bar there is a roof bar open untill 11pm... not many people seemed to realise this... I got drinks without q'ing every time upstairs
If they wish to improve the hotel I would make these points.
1) open the gym before 10am... people who go would want to go before breakfast!
2) Change the supplier of fruit juice. Even concentrate orange juice tastes fine but this stuff is orange cordial... makes cocktails taste horrible.
3) Sushi pretty much is a young persons food (a generalisation but TRUE).... I know nobody over 50 that eats sushi with any regularity. So the sushi restaurant is empty... which in turn makes people like me who would have gone to the sushi restaurant not go... as I am dubious that the turnover of the fish is so low that the fish therefore isnt fresh daily. You simply dont eat at an empty sushi restaurant!
Turn it into a steakhouse... buy 100 different steaks and you would have a packed restaurant constantly!
overall... if you are thinking of booking you wont be dissapointed.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Imagine yourself on a sandy beach, crystal waters and thriving, green mountains rising on the top. Relax to the rhythmic sounds of waves and offer yourself the holidays you deserve.This Adults only hotel located on a picture-perfect hill spot in one of Corfu’s best locations. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Travelocity, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, TravelUp, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Mayor La Grotta Verde Grand Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mayor La Grotta Verde Grand Resort Agios Gordios, Corfu