The Pink Palace is a sprawling complex overflowing with guests, most of whom will attempt to spend the entire time getting drunk, hooking up, or both. This might suit some people, but it really wasn't my scene.
A couple of things to dislike:
- There is not one central housing area. There are at least five, and they're not all located right next to each other. I was put in a room that was at least 300 yards from the main complex. This is a problem because they force you to buy their meal plan, and you have to hike up a very steep hill to get to their mess hall. I mean, that hill is nasty. I'm all for working out, but I want to do it on my terms, and I don't want to be forced to do it multiple times a day.
- The beach is very rocky. It's tough to walk on. It's absolutely packed with tourists. You have to pay if you want a beach chair, and then pay again for an umbrella. And even then, you'll be within inches of dozens of other people.
- They attempt to monopolize your experience on Corfu. As mentioned already, they force you to buy their meal plan, they attempt to book your ferries and/or buses to/from the complex, they are the major provider of motor scooters nearby. This wouldn't be such a problem if they weren't always running out (I attempted to rent a scooter three times so I could explore the island, and each time they promised me there would be one free the next day, but there wasn't.), if they weren't charging exorbitant prices, or if there were competition nearby. Unfortunately, there's not.
- The luggage room, where you have to keep your luggage before you're given your room or while you're waiting for the bus after you've checked out, is completely unguarded. It's literally a room wide open to the area's main thoroughfare.
- I wanted to take a ferry to Bari, Italy, after my stay on Corfu. I booked my ferry ticket through the Pink Palace's front desk. I paid them for the ticket, and they told me which Pink Palace-provided bus to take to the ferry. I told them that I thought the bus would be too late for the ferry I wanted to take. I asked three employees; each told me the bus would get me there on time. I was right to be apprehensive, because all three employees were wrong. I missed the ferry (it wasn't even close; the front desk had an outdated schedule), and was forced to buy a ticket from another ferry company. To their credit, the Pink Palace management gave me a 50% refund for the ferry ticket, though I still think they should have given me a full refund because it was entirely their fault that I literally missed the boat.
Good things: the food in the mess hall was decent; if you're social, you will meet new people; if you're a party animal, you'll probably enjoy yourself; it is pretty inexpensive.
If you're looking for a quiet getaway where you won't have to contend with scores of drunken college students, avoid the Pink Palace, and probably avoid Agios Gordios Beach altogether.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Pink Palace Hotel & Hostel. *Sea view En suite, A/C hotel rooms * We also have separate buildings with sea view en suite A/C hostel rooms *Free pickup upon arrival anytime between 06.30 and 22:30 from Corfu port/airport/bus station when booking two nights or more. For guests staying only one night, there is a pickup fee of 7€ between 6:30 am and 10:30pm. *Free WiFi *24 Hour Reception/Shop/Bar/Snacks *Free safe boxes *Daily Happy Hour/s *Daytime Activities: 4-Wheeler Quad Safari, Booze Cruise, Kayak Safari, Ouzo Cup Volleyball, Regional Tours *Nightly activities including Flip Cup and Beer Pong *Free sun loungers *Internet and computer access *Laundry Service *Jacuzzi *Private Beach with all water sports available *Quad & Car Hire *Kayak & Snorkel Hire *Air Conditioned Rooms *Travel Desk/Travel Info *Credit Cards & Paypal Accepted *Free Parking *Guided Tours *Cliff Diving *Full Service Restaurant *Free Games/Chess/Ping Pong ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Pink Palace reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Pink Palace Hotel Corfu
- Pink Palace Corfu
- Pink Palace Hotel Corfu
- The Pink Palace Agios Gordios, Corfu