“friendly and fun.”

Ranked #10 of 13 Hotels in Agios Gordios
London, United Kingdom
“friendly and fun.”
Reviewed April 16, 2011

we stayed in the pink palace for 1 week. we had a really great time here. there was lots to do.

it was great to have the pink palace bus waiting for us at the port early in the morning.
the receptionist was very helpful. she told us about corfu and the different activities pink palace provides.

our room was very clean, infact cleaners came in everyday. the room was more like a hotel than a hostel, 2 bunks which were comfortable and a lot of space. we also had a balcony with an amzing view of the beach.

they provide free breakfast and 3 course dinner. very good food and filling.

we went on a quad bike safari which was great fun. beautiful views of corfu. we also did the kayak safari. a really nice way to spend the day and the guide was very friendly and fun. we spent lots of time at the beach on sunbeds, which pink palace provides. they have books in reception aswell, great for when you want to chillout.
there is also a volleyball court near the jacuzzi. we had a group of people play volleyball aswell. plenty to do during the days.

the staff were really helpful and friendly, always up for a chat and a laugh. we had a great time at pink palace. definitely reccommend it, we'll be coming back.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with friends
2 Thank backpacker_2011_23

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
  • Czech first
  • Finnish first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
Townsville, Australia
Reviewed March 11, 2011

I have traveled quite a bit and do not expect much from backpacker accommodation but The Pink Palace takes budget accommodation to a new low. The staff is by far the worst I have ever encountered in all my travels. They are not only unhelpful but rude, offensive and have no comprehension of customer service. Please do not stay at this hotel there is much better to offer on this beautiful island.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled with friends
6 Thank Wuntyme

Travelers are raving about these Agios Gordios hotels

Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed March 4, 2011

So if you want to go somewhere where all you do is drink until your liver rots...yeah, this place is for you. but seriously, that has to be all you expect out of a stay here.

Let me preface this by saying that I havent checked out the website recently, so I dont know if they have changed their advertisements to be more honest. When my friend and I were planning out greek island adventures, their website advertised beautiful beaches and a butt load of water sports/activities. The reality is, there is no beach. there's water...but there's no sand. rocks. big rocks.little rocks. medium sized rocks. sharp rocks. you get the picture. they at least have sun chairs though. You do however have the option of walking a mile down from the hotel to get to a beach that has sand, but is still no where as nice as Ios. (seriously, just go to Ios and save yourself some money).

Water sports...there's a kayak safari...but thats it. no tubing, no water skis...oh yeah, you can wade in the water to your neck to get onto a dinky little boat for the "boose cruise." Neither booze nor dock included. (no joke).

Also, one should mention that you have to walk about a half mile downhill to get to the beach from your room. This trip will include about 8 flights of stairs....god forbid you forget your sunblock on the way because there is no going back. There is also nothing around the pink palace...there's nowhere to go and nothing to do. they trap you on location so you have no choice but to spend all your money there....or walk to the small town that's by the actual beach.

good points: rooms are cleaned every day, you can get rooms with functional AC, the 4 wheeler safari is actually fun, and the food they serve is pretty good. They have dance parties and things at night, but literally the highlight of every day is getting hammered by 8pm. Not my idea of a vacation. Also, if you are traveling from Athens, they dont pick you up on a huge bus with restroom included as advertised, its more of a short yellow school bus with a drunk driver behind the wheel.

Seriously, just go to ios Far Out Beach Club. Rooms are cheaper (and nicer...17euro vs 25) And the resort is across the street from the most beautiful beach. tons of water sports, and if you wanna get shitfaced you can take a short shuttle bus into town, but you also dont need to be surrounded by drunks 24-7.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with friends
3 Thank DrSilayeva
Scottsdale, Arizona
Reviewed January 6, 2011

I'm astounded at all of the terrible reviews. I can only speak for my own experience there, but I had a wonderful time and it was an exceptional value for a hostel.
This is a hostel, much much nicer than some other hostels I've been to, but still a hostel. If you are expecting hotel service and accomodations you are going to be disappointed.
This is a place for younger travellers, backpackers, students, etc. Very lively, very fun. We stayed in a private room with a balcony and oceanview, rooms and grounds were clean, dinner and breakfast included in our stay, staff was very welcoming and fun.
ocean and beach was amazing, nearby cafe had great spanakopita.
Really can't understand why there would be such horrible reviews, I assume they may have been from older individuals that were expecting a hotel, not a youth hostel.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
Cairo, Egypt
Reviewed October 4, 2010

We arrived in the morning we asked about a taxi (NO WAY) they had a shuttle to pick us up (we called, it was already there!). Had to wait a bit for check-in, a bit annoying but only because we were just anxious to get in (no reservation) and 'cause we had been sitting for some time on the ferry from Italy, so we had a wander around the little beach town called Agios Gordios. The town looked closed (ahh Mediteranian lifestyle) but it wasn't; it just wasn't open yet (we discovered that they open everything a little later and eat meals a little later so they can live life a little later). OK, so back to the Pink Palace, we got there and this cute Canadian girl named Casie or Callie or something (I don't really remember, she was waaaaaay to nice and energetic, I usually am suspicious of that, I just find it odd) showed us to our room. SWEET VIEW! They gave us these little soap bottles just like it was hotel and not a hostel (makes sense though-clean room+ clean people in the room = not a bad thing).

Breakfast is better here than in so many places we have stayed. It wasn't eggs to order, only scrambled, and apparently bacon only goes on lunch foods (to bad I like bacon) but so what it beat the hell out of hard-boiled eggs and stale bread like other places. Lunch was five bucks! and it included BEER! GO EUROPE! Dinner was upstairs from the night-club. They have these guys working there, one guy who looks like Dracula or an extra from the Sopranos, he is at the door checking these pink cards they give you (more about those later) another one upstairs checking to see if there is anyone else you are waiting on, and then he passes you off to another guy who takes you to your table (This guy was awesome he sat us with hot girls every night). OK there are literally hundreds of people in the dining hall seemingly from everywhere, and the 'bus-boys' served the room really efficiently table after table bam-bam-bam. Soup, Salad, and a different Entree every night! (all of the meals have just a bit to much salt, I asked about it at the bar and I was in turn asked how thirsty I was, good ploy I say. Not that it mattered to much, I like to drink I am a degenerate and I know it.

After dinner partying in the night-club. Good enough for what it was but it was mostly overrun by these ridiculous Spanish boys who inevitably scared/chased all of the talent out. The night-club usually went on until three or four in the morning when they pushed every one out. OK everyone this is important 24 HOUR RECEPTION BAR this is so great I have to say it again 24 HOUR RECEPTION BAR. GO EUROPE!

Reception bar is where everything comes undone........I heard stories about how Europe is in the past when it comes to music. Not so. They just listen to MORE music and if they don't have something they add to the library, they pretty much have everything (computers rule). Everyone is out of the night-club and in the reception bar the music is going, there are girls on the bar doing topless body-shots! But alas I have to tell you something....the Spanish kids are at it again, this time after realizing that they are not going to get laid they decide to steal (if you are there and there are Spanish there BEWARE lock EVERYTHING).

Staff at Pink Palace are all pretty much amazing with a couple of exceptions. Like I said before, there is something about way too nice that just gets under my skin but that is just me. Also I definitely heard from more than one person that the Dracula (he is also the patrol for the grounds, that is a good thing! Remember Spanish kids!) at the door likes to go down to the beach and watch people fooling around, also a couple people who were at the beach at night lost their phones never to return and there wallets were found but without the cash (supposedly from this guy--Good?Bad?). He was a good enough sort in the dealings I had with him but I don't think he really owns any of the place as per his claim.
While in the reception bar at night there is this American guy who speaks Greek (or at least it sounds like it) and seems to understand some Spanish (hell I heard him one night rattle off thank you in what must have been fifteen languages, talk about someone who was meant to do that job!) anyway most of the time it looks like this guy is sitting behind the desk doing nothing but passing out keys or working the computer, but not so I watched him one night (while the bus boys were doing their own thing) quick and sudden as can be come out from behind the desk and zoom through the swarm in the bar to the back of the room and out the back exit, next thing you know he has this Spanish kid and he is bringing him to the bar and telling him he has to pay, and the kid is saying I was going to pay and this guy just has this look of tired indifference like he has seen it a thousand times (turns out he couldn't and then got walked out the door being told that tomorrow is a new day but that he cannot return tonight). Apparently the kid had one of the one euro bottles of water in his hand and three ice-creams in his pocket. Who does that? I stopped him and shook his hand this guy does this every night! I asked him if he was OK he sort of just looked through me (apparently still watching everything) and said 'yeah no problem, just another day' I asked if he wanted a beer and he just smiled a little and said maybe later, turns out he was good for the later part as this guy takes over the bar too. I saw him bring in another guy (and then back out again) who was trying to lift a shirt the next night. People Please!

More about the Pink Card, they give you this card to fill out (along with a shot of pink Ouzo) when you get there, nothing unexpected most places ask you to fill in a registration card of some sort, and ask you for your passport again something I expect. They ask you to keep it with you and to try not to go swimming with it as it isn't waterproof (oops!) What was unexpected was that this card is like your meal ticket/receipt/ID while there. OK why was it my ID? Well they ask to hold your passport for you. What a great idea!! I looked at the girl who was telling me this cause I have never come across this before-'So you hold it till I check out? Reply 'yep we put it in the safe'. What a great system. (do you have any idea how often I worry about where I've put my stupid passport last?) I have even woken up in the night to check where it is. This place thinks of everything. I knew right then that I was going to end up waking up in some strange place after a long night of drink, cause I didn't have to worry about a thing. There is one last thing I want to say about this card system. There were hundreds of people there during our visit so the they always ask for it at reception. I ask this: Why are there always people who think that they are beyond the policies of the business they are patronizing? I tried to keep this card with me like they said even after I went swimming with it (oops!). The reception staff always gave me a good natured hard time for it. But I saw others who are like: but I left it in my room. Why is that? Enough of that.

OK I have been reeeeeaaaaallllyyyyy long winded about this place I know but they showed me a great time there and so I wanted it to be known.

Go there if you are looking to have fun, or need a break from site seeing after Rome or before Athens or vice-versa.

Go there have fun in the sun and definitely try all the activities.

Go there for Canadian girls!

Don't go there if you have small childrens with you! Where will you put them?

Don't go there if you are that sort of old person that is massively jealous of youth. You had your time why did you waste it?

Thank you Dr. George, and the reception girls and the night guy!!!! See you in a couple of summers!
<a/>Soapbox</end>

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with friends
4 Thank LongTermTravel
Paris, France
Reviewed October 3, 2010

Welcome to the Pink Palace!!
I arrived at the ferry port and was picked up by The Palace shuttle bus, that was good after a long night on the ferry. I arrived and was promptly sent for breakfast which was also good. The wait to get to our rooms was about 45 minutes, but I still figure the wait was better then most hostels where check in doesn't happen until 3 in the afternoon. The rooms were decent, nice and clean. There was an issue with the light but the handyman was fantastic.
Food at The Palace was good, I mean not 5 star or anything, but hey soup, salad and a healthy sized main course, I loved it.
The activities were good, they were a great way to see the island as its not as easily navigated as other places I have travelled. Although I will tell you this it does add up, so if you are on a tight budget then maybe pick one or if you can two activities. It was so hot when I was there, I recommend the kayak safari.
The price for one night stay did seem a little high to me when I arrived, but if I can tell you one thing don't let it discourage you, a hearty breakfast is included, a good and filling dinner, they have there own night club, they organize theme nights, they do shows of traditional dancing, they have a happy hour that almost never ends (good cheap drinks) they have a good beach, and the staff are really friendly.
My last word on it will be that this is a party place, you will meet the most people standing around the bar at happy hour, this is a hostel and not a hotel, and not a "romantic" spot. This is the place you head to for a party, some fun, and lots of sun. An all around good time!!

• Stayed August 2010, traveled solo
2 Thank TravelingAmberella
argentina
Reviewed September 19, 2010

i think it is not a place to travel alone, i did not like the atention, they made me wait 3 hours to find my room (when i have all pay with reservation too), They treat you like you're a kid, i meant, if you call a Taxy have to give 20 euros to the receptionist, and when the Taxy came for you they give you your money back.. i did not like. i can not recommend it. i hope you find another place!!!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled solo
#11 of 13 in Agios Gordios
MarBella Corfu Hotel
MarBella Corfu Hotel
#1 of 5 in Agios Ioannis Peristeron

Been to The Pink Palace? Share your experiences!