“Very Good”
Review of Niouris Apartments

Niouris Apartments
Reviewed July 26, 2012

We stayed here in July/August 2011, in the pink block in a 2 bedroom apartment on the top floor. Both twin-bed rooms were very spacious with a large balcony leading off both rooms. We did just have a very limited sea view, which was a bit of a bonus too. The kitchen/dining area was ample for our needs having a smaller balcony with a clothes line to catch the afternoon sun, ideal for towel drying etc. The shower room was standard Greek stuff and functional. Optional air conditioning in both bedrooms and a safe was also available if required. Overall we were pleased with the size and cleanliness of what was on offer and furnishings and equipment were adequate for our basic self-catering needs.
The owner, Spiros, was very helpful and checked with us most days that all was okay. Cleaners visited our apartment twice during the week and similarly when I saw them on one of these occasions they checked that we were happy with the standard of their work.
Situated behind the yellow apartment block is a large swimming pool, which looks to be a fairly recent addition. As mentioned by a previous reviewer, whilst the actual pool is finished, a two-thirds completed poolside bar area was not and would be an invaluable addition when done. The pool itself would benefit from some extra cleaning but that said it was definitely one of the better pools available in the resort.
As for the resort itself, Agios Gordios is a small and friendly place with two roads that come down from the hills meeting in the middle and leading into one main street that leads down to the beach. It is along this road that the majority of shops and restaurants can be found with additional eating places along the beach, served by a boardwalk in either direction from the road.
One or two of these places are pretentious and over-priced for this small resort, however most were pleasant and good value.
Best eating places were Thasalas, Sea Breeze and Stephen’s on the Hill.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank CambsTripper

Reviewed July 22, 2012

Myself and four friends stayed in the Pink building and I have to say rooms were the best I have had in Greece. Spiros met us as we arrived and was always around if we needed anything. 2 bedrooms, large kitchen and a huge balcony with outstanding views. Across the road behind the Yellow building of Niouris was a huge swimming pool with a smaller paddling pool for children.
I would have no hesitation in returning to the apartments should I return to Aghios. The village has some outstanding restaurants, lively and chill out bars. Take a walk up into the mountains to some traditional Greek villages and spectacular views. All in all it was a fantastic week and the Niouris apartments exactly what we wanted, thankyou Spiros from the five mad lads fro Newcastle.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
3  Thank Dave A
Reviewed July 17, 2012

I've been in Niuoris Apartment for a week from 8 to 15 july 2012.
The apartment where I've been is nice, little and basic, rigthful for two people.
The apartment has a little kitchen where you can cook something, an electric oven and a fridge.
The building has a wonderful garden and a beautiful swimming pool; it's located just five minutes walking from the beach, one of the nicest I've seen in Corfu.
In the village Agios Gordios you can find many tavernas (greek restaurant), car and scooter hiring offices, so everything you need for a relaxing holiday.
The owner - and his family - is a nice and kind man, he helped us with many suggestions about places to visit and tavernas where is possible to find good greek food.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Raoul R
Reviewed June 28, 2012

My friend and I stayed in a 2 bedded studio. The view from the outside seating area was lovely, mountains and the pool..but no sea view. The room was big enough for the two of us, and the kitchenette area had a hob, microwave type thing (though we didnt use these) a kettle, fridge and cutlery and crockery. The bathroom was small, it didn't have a bath, just a shower cubicle (without the cubicle!)...more like a washrooom, which was a bit of a nuisance as after having a shower it took quite a few hours to be able to walk in and not get wet feet!

The cleanilng left little to the imagination, the mop didnt get put in the bucket to get washed out..they just used the water from the bathroom floor...but they did change the towels and sheets every two days, and this is the continent so you dont expect too much!

Overall, the accommodation was ok for the price we paid, the location was great, about a 5min walk into town, but be aware the hotel is situated on quite a steep hill.

The only major drawback is that the pool bar isnt built yet and therefore there is no atmosphere around the pool and you need to take your own refreshements and keep going back to your room when you require the toilet! I did notice the pool could do with a good clean, slightly green tiles in places, hopefully they'll clean this at the end of the season.

My recommendations to eat are: Delphi Taverna(great Moussaka), Alobar (free wifi!), And the Ark Bar (fantastic milkshakes!)

Room Tip: We had a studio and the view was lovely and near enough for the pool. (we stayed in room 3)
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
9  Thank KDBanks
Reviewed June 14, 2012

We stayed in a 2 bed apartment for 3 weeks and had a great time. The apartment is huge for greek standards and remained fairly cool, which was a bonus as the temp was well in the 30's. We have stayed in several properties in this resort over the years, and this has been the best by far. My only complaint would be that the beds were very hard. Other than that, for the price you can't really go wrong.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank Markybritt
Reviewed May 14, 2012

Just spent a week at the Niouris apartments in Agios Gordios. Some really great points and a few niggly things to consider if you do stay there. It was dirt cheap though and you get what you pay for, I'd definitely stay again if I wanted a cheap break to a beautiful part of the world.
The view is beautiful. Make sure you stay in the yellow building or near the top of the pink building to take advantage of it. Balcony overlooking lovely wooded hills and a view of the sea from the other side.
I started off on the ground floor in a studio apartment, I wouldnt recommend these. Mine was damp from condensation and I had to have the hot plates on full blast for the day to dry it out. Luckily I was moved when I woke up with ants crawling all over the floors and the walls. I moved up to the next floor up into a 2 bedroom apartment which was much nicer and warmer. Facilities are basic but very clean. Plentiful hot water and towels provided. There was a safe in the apartment which cost 10 Euros and air con would also have been extra, although I didnt use. There's no TV.
Spiros, the owner was friendly, although he and his wife's English is fairly limited, so took me a while to get moved to the other room.
The pool looked lovely and there was also a kiddies pool, although neither of these were working while I was there - think it was because if was the start of the season and they were still cleaning it, but I heard you could go next door to Angelica's and could use their pool if you bought a drink or something to eat. It didn't matter though as it was a 10 minute wander down to the beach, where you could either rent a sunbed or use one belonging to the beachside cafes which were free if you ate or drank there.
The beach was lovely and sandy, with hardly anyone on it and made a nice walk in the morning. Lots of tavernas and bars and would think it gets fairly busy in the summer. I tried a different taverna every night and didn't find a bad one.
I made the walk up to Sinarades which is a little town in the hills, but wish I'd taken the morning bus and walked back as the 3km road all uphill, was a bit of a struggle.
All in all, a lovely relaxing stay. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend the apartments if you want a cheap and cheerful break and make sure you get at least a 1 bedroom apartment in the yellow building.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled solo