All reviews presidential suite reception staff amazing views huge bath standard room our honeymoon infinity pool amazing hotel busy road stunning location heaven on earth private balcony the cliff spa wedding eva caldera
Selected filters
Reviewed September 22, 2018 via mobile

My wife booked our most recent holiday with our trusted Travel Agent and we arrived in Santorini after a 6 hour Hydrofoil ride from Athens we were tired and honestly I had no expectation of our accomodation.

I can only say after travelling quite extensively the view from our room is seared in my memory forever spectacular does not do,it justice.

A wedding was in progress when we arrived and I thought what a fantastic spot for a wedding background.

The staff at at the hotel could not help enough they made our stay so memorable thanks guys and thank you especially Dora who was on reception your customer skills second to none .

The view the staff wow fantastic

Date of stay: September 2018
1  Thank Lynchie9
Reviewed September 12, 2018

After spending the first 24 hours of our seven day break at this hotel I was all ready to give it just 2 stars as a rating, but I am pleased to say it grew on me over the rest of the holiday.

So the reason for the 2 stars? Well that can be put down to the early morning wake up we had from the heavy traffic running up and down the winding road to the port which lays directly underneath the hotel. It was like pitching a tent in the car park at the Watford gap services on the M1 which, as we live in a quiet village was something of a literal wake up call! Then after breakfast we went for a walk into the village of Megalochori along the very busy road finally deciding to chill out round the pool only to be faced with 3 young children running round the sunbeds behind us screaming louder than the traffic and thumping music….not an ideal start!

But the things that redeemed this hotel were its location; both in terms of its clearly stunning views of the Caldera and its location on the Island (proximity to Megalochori, Fira and Perissa); and of course the Room :

Our Room was also pretty amazing when we compared it to some of the others, it was twin floor ‘bungalow’ room with toilet and seating area downstairs and bedroom and walk in shower upstairs along with a perfectly placed balcony to take advantage of the afternoon sun and admire the amazing sunset. The only negatives to the room were the very short (unless you are a hobbit) wardrobe and lack of coffee machine,(which we have now come to expect from this standard of accommodation), a daily complementary bottle of water would not have gone a miss either. While the room had a WiFi router we could not get any WiFi in the room which was bit annoying but could pick up the pool Wifi from the balcony if we needed it.

The other big positive in the Hotel were the (mostly) happy and very friendly staff; you were always guaranteed a warm welcome at breakfast and from the guys serving around the pool, reception staff were also generally very helpful.

On to other aspects; Firstly Food and Drink :-
Breakfast was, to be honest, a little uninspiring. Considering there were only 20 something rooms (40? Guests) the service did seem a little slow as they always claimed to be busy !? It was not unusual to wait 15-20mins for your 2nd cup of coffee or eggs to arrive, but this did give you time to enjoy the sun (at least until they put the umbrellas up :( and admire the views some more.

We only dined at the hotel on the first evening we arrived, and while the food was excellent (if a little expensive – maybe consider offering a discount to guests) the hotel lacked atmosphere which could have been due to the fact that the majority of the guests were Chinese tourists who kept to themselves. The bar was also open but empty all night. Instead we dined out (Megalochori and Fira) the other nights.

Drinks at the hotel were not massively overpriced (wine €7, beer €4.50, cocktails €11) but the issue during the day was that these were all served in very cheap plastic glasses around the pool (presumably to stop the children smashing them while running round the sunbeds). Perhaps the hotel should invest in plastic cocktail and decent beer glasses. It was also disappointing that there no draught beer on offer. Luckily there is a large supermarket with a great selection of Wines, Spirits and local craft beers a short 10 min walk up the road which you can enjoy in your room, although they do only give you two wine glasses and nothing else which was rather odd)

Cleanliness :- While the room was kept reasonably clean we did have an issue now and the with having to chase for it to be cleaned (this was often not done until after 4pm) or chase up clean towels, bedding and toilet rolls which we have never had to do at a hotel of this standard before, the pool areas could also have used a little more attention to detail in this area.

As has been mentioned before, during the day the instagram millennials descend on the pool paying upto €150 for a bed for the day. Thankfully hotel guests can reserve sunbeds which was great as this allowed us to go out and about during the morning safe in the knowledge we had somewhere to chill out in the afternoon. Although we would also have to pay the same €150 for the ‘premium beds’ ! The standard beds themselves were pretty basic with very small unbranded beach towels given free of charge.

If you want to escape the crowds around the pool the Hotel offers a free shuttle a couple of times a day to its sister beach club “Demilmar” on Perissa Beach, this takes only 15 mins and gets you there before the cruise ship crowds arrive allowing you pick (free of charge) comfy padded sunbeds right at the front of the beach.

As previously stated the Hotel is close to the village of Megalochori (this is the ‘traditional village’ that the tours will take you to). It is a short 10-15 min walk down the hill which is OK during the day but worth taking a torch (or mobile phone light) when you go at night. The village itself is the typical white washed buildings (not quite on the same scale as Fira or Oia) and has about half a dozen traditional tavernas/ restaurants and craft shops. Just outside the Hotel is a great little Winery also worth a visit. It is possible to walk into Fira (It will take you about 1 hour) or you can take a bus from outside the hotel or use the hotel shuttle (€15 each way) and of course you must make a trip to the spectacular Oia.

To summarise, this is clearly not the best hotel on the island but it does have some of the best Caldera and Sunset views and with a little more care, attention to detail and possibly a re-evaluation of the guests the hotel accepts both to stay and during the day (make it adults only) the hotel could really be something special.

Date of stay: September 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
3  Thank HumberBridgers
Reviewed September 7, 2018 via mobile

I really wanted to like this place, I really did. The people who worked there were super friendly and helpful. Eva, who works in the restaurant, is a true sweetheart. The place has a great infinity pool and bar and is alot of fun. This is the hotels best feature. The problem lies with the rest of the facility. It is dated and needs a complete refurbishment.

Housekeeping is substandard and our shower haf the same mold in it that was there when showed up. Parking is a bit of a nightmare but they do their best to make it work for you. If the owners ever decide to make an effort, it could be a true gem. Right now, I can't recommend this hotel.

In my own defense, this hotel was booked by a third party travel company. This was the first, and last time, that I will ever let someone make decisions for me concerning travel. Lesson learned.

Date of stay: August 2018
1  Thank aBuck68
Reviewed September 3, 2018 via mobile

I stayed in the hotel in Aug (for a weddeding anniversary) I booked a presidential suite with a private pool (it was not a pool, but more a big plunge). My wife noticed an odor coming from the bathroom, first night she couldn't stay in the room and slept outside. The hotel tried to fix the problem and on the second night after coming back from a romantic dinner, the situation was worse, we ended up sleeping outside on our wedding anniversary!, we could not sleep inside from the odor. on the 3rd day we were moved to a smaller suite without a pool (cave type). We did not take the room until almost 3 PM. It was noisy, the bar was above us and you can hear the people echo in the hallway. Something we discovered after we come back at night) . Upon checking out, the hotel did not adjust the price difference and no one in the front desk could do anything. I contacted the hotel manager from the airport and he promised to respond with an e-mail. I got the e-mail and I was dispointed from the response (They claim I was happy in second suite and since I didn't wanted to move to another suite they offered while I was staying they assumed I was fine with the smaller suite, which was true. But i was in Santorini for only 5 nights. My wife and I did not want to spend our holiday moving from one room to another. Any way, I responded back and I was promised a response from the GM this time which came about a week later after a few follow ups.( He was on a bussiness trip) He offer to keep the difference as a balance for my next stay in Santorini on (2019 or 2020). I responded back that I had no plan to visit again and I requested that the difference in credited into my credit card. After 14 e-mails and follow up and almost a month of follow up no response from the the hotel management and no refund of the difference which was almost 1000 Euro.

Date of stay: August 2018
1  Thank sdhahri
Reviewed September 1, 2018

Best place in Santorini- the view, the waiters, the sunbeds all of the things are perfect. Enjoyed beeing there. It is in the South of the island. Will come back there next time absolutely. It serves as a spa also

Date of stay: July 2018