“Satisfied. But...”

Suites of the Gods Spa Hotel
Ranked #5 of 7 Hotels in Megalochori
“Satisfied. But...”
Reviewed July 21, 2013 via mobile

Our stay at the hotel was very pleasant.
The location is wonderful and I believe it has the best view in santorini.
Nevertheless, make sure that the weather is not too windy because we couldn't enjoy out private balcony!

The room is spacious, it has everything: from tissues to hair dryer. The employees are always smiling + room service until midnight.
Now I have to admit that there was one deception. On our first day there a was a water problem. No hot water... And hey no water at all.
It was reestablished eventually!

I would highly recommend it to all the couples out there. Definitely not a friend family place.
Enjoy!

• Stayed July 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (85)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
Reviewed July 6, 2013

We only came for a few hours (from another hotel) to get a couples massage and use of the spa. While the woman at reception was very kind and welcoming and they did pick us up by van from our hotel, most everything else about the spa experience was mediocre at best.

- The masseuse coughed repeatedly while massaging my wife (for better or worse the masseuse never brought her hands to her mouth). At least we got a discount because of this.

- Both my massage and my wife's massage were very average and not terribly satisfying. Definitely not great value for the money.

- The sheets over the beds were not terribly clean

- The robes couldn't have been less comfortable against the skin.

- The spa is presented in a positive light as a converted wine making cellar, but whatever the history, it's pretty dark and dank in there - not exactly what you're looking for in terms of relaxation.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank libovness
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 30, 2013

We stayed in June 2013 and have nothing but praise for this hotel. The background scenic view is breathtaking. You don't have to go far for the sunset view as you get an amazing view just by the restaurant, the poolside and even your room if its on the higher level. The superior room we had was always clean and new towels given everyday. The staff at the reception are always friendly and helpful especially Helena who always greets you with a big warm smile. The location is ideal and there is a bus stop at the end of the road leading to the hotel but we rented a motorcycle for easy access around the island (this is easily arranged with the hotel staff and the motorcycle gets delivered to the hotel as well-same if you preferred a car). It only takes you about 10minutes to the town Fira,which offers a lot of nightlife activity here, about 15 minutes to Perissa and about 30minutes to Oia.
All in all it was a lovely holiday for us both, the only improvements I can suggest is for the staff to arrange some sort of bar service for guests lounging at the pool, it's a bit annoying having to get up and walk down to the restaurant to order drinks. Also, the spa looks lovely from the tour that we were given but unfortunately the facilities come with a fee (jacuzzi, sauna etc.) I understand if the treatments require a fee but surely not for using the facilities if this is a spa hotel otherwise it should be a hotel with a spa instead.
It is truly an amazing getaway if you're looking for somewhere romantic.

Room Tip: I would recommend a superior room or better. You will not be disappointed by the view you have that...
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 27, 2013

Just returned from a week in the Suites of the Gods. We had a transfer by Thomson to the hotel.
The entrance to the Hotel is a little scruffy but the Hotel overall is lovely with amazing views.
Our reception at the Hotel was a tour of the spa. I still had my flight bag in hand and quite honestly would of rather sat down with a drink while we waited for our rooms to be ready.
The tour of the spa was quite long, the spa was built into the rock and was unusual , I was looking forward to using it until I saw the prices ! I gave the massage a miss at £ 80. It was a pity the guests could not use any of the spa facilities without paying for them, Steam room etc.
Our room was perfectly adequate with a semiprivate terrace with very dramatic views.
The Hotel I feel needs a better head of management to match the lovely hotel. There is no service from the management really, although the staff are friendly and helpful. The rooms are pretty basic but a good size and slept well. There are no toiletries that reflect the fact it is a spa hotel. We did receive a complementary bottle of wine and water with some fruit which was nice, other guests did not ?
There was shuttle bus to their privately owned beach which was great, quite cool with music and beach service.
The breakfast was great with a good selection, the food at the restaurant was a little disappointing, so we ate at the local tavernas in Megaholori, the walk is on a fairly busy road , it would have been a nice touch to offer guests a shuttle to the village at 8pm if anyone needed it . The Tavernas are very good considering the size of the village and is very charming at night.
Overall we loved our holiday in Santorini . The Hotel needs a little attention to warrant its 4* classification. Not even a goodbye when we left ?

1 Thank Fiorinox
Herts, UK
Reviewed June 25, 2013

I have given this two stars - for the view. That alone is worth a few Euros
HOWEVER
I give at not a lot for service or value
We were staying in Hotel 28, Kalmari (5/5 see sep review)
Hazel wanted spa treatments. The girls suggested this place. Very very expensive
But a car to collect you and return you - and after all if Zeus rates it how bad can it be...
Well actually pretty rubbish.
Being picked up at 1530pm - we were lied to on the telephone twice and they eventually showed at 1610. Clearly not the driver's fault - the drive is approximately 7 minutes.
So we know that the two "he's on his ways' were lies pure and simple.
My reflexology was the worst - eg most insipid, run hands over your feet and ankles for an hour - no attempt to locate specific points or massage away gritty deposits or worse. A con pure and simple. I'm sure they had us down for the next day - so quickly "maria from the bar" was probably seconded into the caves to wing it.
My wife's massage was apparently ok. But a bill of 255 euros was all wrong.
On a dusty track half way up a hill - Im sure they will continue to survive on wedding parties and solitude seeking rich folk - but if you are even considering disappearing into their caves for any form of relaxation therapies - dont.
Youll just end up wound up like me.

Liverpool
Reviewed June 25, 2013

My partner and I visited suites of the gods for my best friends wedding, (which was held at the hotel itself, and was beautiful) from June 11th-18th 2013.
The location of the hotel is truly stunning. It has views that are unbelievable.
We arrived and were given a tour around the hotel and a complementary upgrade to a master suite (in all fairness I thought I had paid for a suite very similar to what we were given). The room was of a good size, and the bed really comfy to sleep on. The staff seem to be genuine and are more then helpful, nothing seems to much for them! Food was nice, all be it pricey (would recommend going half board if u stayed here)
However room cleaning.... Well the used glasses in the room seemed to never be cleaned/washed as you could still my lipgloss/lip salve around the rim.. And one day we returned to the room not long after room service had been... (Floors were still wet from ? mopping) the room smelt funny, it's hard to describe, my partner suggested the smell was from using dirty water to clean the floors??
The only other grievance from our stay was the water pressure or lack of it, both from the bath and shower (mainly shower). You either had a dribble of warm water or a semi decent shower of COLD water, considering how much it cost to stay here for a week, not up to par in my expectations.
The hotel does do a free transfer to Perissa and back which is good.

• Stayed June 2013
1 Thank 26Kates87
Royal Tunbridge Wells, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 17, 2013

....we did attend a wedding held at the hotel. My goodness, what a magnificent backdrop for the photos!!! Absolutely beautiful.

The hotel itself is very big, but not in height, in length. It is white, as most places are in Santorini, and the venue for the ceremony was really lovely. It was very, very, very hot in July and there was no shade while the ceremony was taking place, but the views were amazing.

There was a drinks reception while the bride and groom were whisked away for an hour for photos in other parts of the island....this time we were in the shade, very welcome. The rooms looked very nice, and some had their own plunge pools and little balconies overhanging the cliffs. I would definitely recommend this hotel for a wedding venue, but I cannot recommend staying there as we stayed elsewhere on the Island.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Jill L
Also consider these accommodations in or near Megalochori
Petit Palace Suites Hotel
#5 of 75 in Kamari
Celestia Grand
Celestia Grand
#1 of 79 in Fira

Been to Suites of the Gods Spa Hotel? Share your experiences!