“Suits of the Gods. Heavenly”

Suites of the Gods Spa Hotel
Ranked #6 of 7 Hotels in Megalochori
Reviewed June 26, 2012

The four Shirley's wanted peace and tranquility, sun and culture we found it on this Island and at this hotel. Hotel very clean rooms spacious, ecellent service. Staff very friendly. we went the 6th May 2012 not the busy season so I am sure we were spoiled with attention from the staff. I think there was only 18 room in total. Weather fab a little windy at night.Food was great, a little pricey. Night life, dinning on the beach and lots of beautiful stores and galleries 10 minutes away If you wanted to eat out. The most we paid for a taxi was 10 Euro. All the people on the Island very friendly and helpful. We didnt find it too expensive because we split everything 4 ways.Scenery from the Suits was breathtaking especially having coffee in the morning on the patio gazing at the mediterranean. we did a couple of trips to the villages only. We were there to recharge our batteries and it's the perfect place to do just that. Thank you sooo much to the staff we had an awesome time. We will be back!

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Amanda123_12

Reviewed June 22, 2012

I booked my wedding ceremony here along with a weeks holiday last July where 17 of my guests stayed. On arrival the staff were very friendly, but it took them over 2 hours to put us in our rooms. I was told by my TA that I would be upgraded to a suite, well I wasn’t I was put in a normal room. I then called to ask why I wasn’t in a suite, only to be told that I would be moved the next day (first communication breakdown). I could go on, but I would like to break it down.

No hangers for hardly any of my guests - requested at least 10 times if we could have hangers, no one organised this so I had to sort myself to no avail. Everyone lived out of their suitcases.

Rooms were overbooked and people had to move to other hotels on a least 3 occasions that I knew of while I was there.

My brother in law asked if they could wash the netting and 're-do' the flowers around the arch where the ceremony was being held as it was grubby and looked unkempt. They never bothered.

Everything seemed a chore whenever you asked for anything or they would lie and say it was being dealt with.

On the other hand the cleaners were fab and the guys serving and organising breakfast were wonderful and so efficient. Front desk staff need to improve substantially.

Showers weren’t very good, in fact on my wedding day I had to use another shower as there was no water and after asking numerous times for someone to come and look, no one did. I understand this was an issue and out of their control sometimes, but instead of having a huge bath that takes 3 hours to fill, why don’t they utilise the space with more storage and HANGERS!

I just feel that for the amount of money I spent there not only with 8 suites booked, but also with the wedding ceremony I would have appreciated better service.

It is a beautiful location for a hotel and the views are amazing. Although I had my wedding there and a weeks holiday, I wouldn’t go back based on the service provided by the so called 'managers and front desk staff'.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed June 22, 2012

We married here on 14th June 2012, what a lovely expirence.
The staff were friendly heplful and were close to hand without been in the way!
Stunning.
I wanted to do it all again the next day!
We didn't stay here just had a very special day.

Room Tip: A car is an advantage for this hotel!
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed June 19, 2012

It's very rare that a destination in reality out-weighs its brochure, quite simply, this did! It is outstanding in location, facilities, staff and atmosphere.
Ideally situated if you want to completely get away from it all but perfectly placed should you wish to partake in what the local area has to offer.
Paradise lost? Most certainly not as we found it here, in the Suite of the Gods.

Room Tip: If you have a mobilty issue then the maisonettes are not a good choice, however, when we were there...
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank janb13
Reviewed June 16, 2012

Great views of the caldera. Location wise it is not really within walking distance of the main villages ie Fira. You need to take a bus or taxi into the main village - takes about 15- 20 mins on the bus. But if you don't want to be right in the city centre then this would be fine. Decor wise our room was a bit Tired looking. The windows and curtains could do with a clean. The bathroom was a reasonable size but the shower got water everywhere , probably due to the fact the shower head was broken. But overall it was tidy and clean. The pool area had great views which was the highlight. Breakfast was fine. The first day we ordered off a menu probably due to not much people staying that night, but the second night was a full on buffet self serve as there were a lot more people staying. We received mixed levels of service. The lady on reception when we first arrived was helpful but didn't give much detail on anything so we were left to seus things out ourselves. While other staff were more helpful.
They say there is free wi if but you can't really access it anywhere except in reception or just outside reception which was a bit annoying. And even if you get on it is pretty unstable.
Overall a satisfactory stay - amazing location if you look past a few minor annoyances.

Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 5, 2012 via mobile

We got married on the 31st may at the suites of the gods!

It was magical, all the staff were fantastic so helpful and friendly!

Views are AMAZING!

I wish we could of stayed longer

• Stayed: May 2012
Reviewed June 5, 2012

Having seeing a few people mention that the hotel often organises weddings, my husband rang the hotel to check if any weddings during our stay (end of May – early June) as we were looking for an escape from our busy London lives. Eugenia, who we knew later is the owner’s sister, answered the phone and later swapped emails with my husband, confirmed to us they only have a couple weddings booked but ‘ceremonies only’, then the guests ‘will leave’, and ‘we are not allowed loud music in the hotel’. We trusted her and booked the room. Wrong.

The first night was fine, but the 2nd night, we heard loud music from the hotel (not sure if it was from guest rooms), luckily it finished before 11pm. On the 3rd evening, we noticed hotel had arranged an outdoor wedding reception for a couple who had a ceremony in the afternoon, with an outdoor DJ playing very loud music through a large speaker and the hotel restaurant’s outdoor speakers – yes, to make sure everyone in the hotel could hear it. We went to bed with the noise but shortly just before mid-night, we both were woken up by a machinegun-like loud fire works, it lasted for a few minutes and perhaps woke up the majority hotel guests if not all.
We then complained to Eugenia the next day and were told there would be another wedding that evening but the wedding reception would be organised in the hotel restaurant with no outdoor music. Eugenia ensured us that the wedding guests would be ‘picked up by coach to their hotels at 11.30pm’ so it would not be a noisy night. However at 12.30am, we both were woken up by people’s bursting laugher, loud chatting and children’s screams. It turned out to be wedding guests gathered at the hotel centre balcony smoking, chatting and flying sky lanterns. No one in the hotel management tried to stop this nuisance until we raised our anger.

The next day, we asked the hotel to refund the charge for our previous night stay and they refused. The hotel owner only refunded us the remaining 2 nights and we then moved to a stunning design hotel in a quiet village called Imerovigli.

The most ridiculous thing about this hotel is that the hotel management allows non-resident wedding guests to party through early mornings and create nuisance to paid hotel residents. None of the above 2 weddings’ guests stayed in our hotel – this would not be possible in the UK or in many hotels in Fira and Oia!! The hotel management is so greedy that it simply ignores its resident’s well-being and sleep in the night by focusing on desperate sales. We noticed there are quite a few same complaints on Tripadviosor , it’s a sham to the management!

Last, the hotel is in middle of nowhere and at least 5 km away from Fira (centre Santorini). Also, it locates above the Santorini commercial port and the main motorways, where lorries, passenger coaches and buses pass by 24/7, esp. early mornings lorries create loud noise to the hotel. When we woke up in the mornings, we heard no birds nor sea but lorries.

Do NOT book this hotel!

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Hoty0
Also consider these accommodations in or near Megalochori
Calderas Dolphin Suites
Calderas Dolphin Suites
#1 of 7 in Megalochori
Rocabella Santorini Hotel & Spa
Petit Palace Suites Hotel
Maison Des Lys
Maison Des Lys
#8 of 12 in Akrotiri
Iconic Santorini, a boutique cave hotel
Blue Dolphins Traditional Apartments

Been to Suites of the Gods Spa Hotel? Share your experiences!