Suites of the Gods Spa Hotel
$351
Hotels.com
Orizontes Hotel & Villas(Pyrgos)(Great Value!)
$89
  • Breakfast included
Nautilus Dome(Fira)(Great Value!)
$117
Alti Santorini Suites(Megalochori)
TripAdvisor
No availability for your dates from our partners
  • Breakfast included
  • Pool
All reviewswedding ceremonypresidential suitereception staffcouples massageamazing viewsour honeymooninfinity poollocation was perfectamazing experienceheaven on earthaegean seaprivate balconythe hotel managerhired a carwine tastingevaisland
FilterAll languages
Reviewed June 21, 2011

We did not stay at this hotel but we went to the spa; I had Reflexology and my husband had a massage, very amateur, way way over priced, & very disappointing. I had to take a shower before my reflexology and I can tell you my feet after walking around Santorini that day were cleaner than the shower. It was more expensive than doing this in Australia & what should have been a nice relaxing treat wasn't; we ended up feeling disappointing & ripped off.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank BOnO102
Reviewed June 13, 2011

My son and his new wife chose the Suite of the Gods for the wedding venue. I did not stay here myself so this review is based on the feedback from my son and also my feedback from being there at the wedding. On approaching the suites of the gods it is a little disapointing as the drive into the hotel it looks a little run down. However as soon as you go behind the hotel and the magnificent views come into view then you realise why this is the place for the perfect wedding setting. And there lies the clue. Apart from the setting there is little else going for this hotel. Breakfast was awful and not worth having. The pool area was nice and clean. The room my son stayed in was not the best. Damp, dark and dingy and the air con failed to work. But this aside it was a perfect setting for a wedding and the staff worked very hard to make the whole occassion something to remember forever. Just one thing to be careful though. When we came to settle the bill it was almost 1000 euros extra. They said this was due to guests adding drinks on the my sons room. This was not the case and this amount along with other incorrect charges was soon taken off the bill. So just make note of all that you know you should be charged for. The Hotel recommended a D J and he was awsome...highly recommended. The food for the wedding was very good. They also provided the cake and the flowers. The cake was lovely just a pity no one got to see it as it was cut up before the guests had chance to see it. The wedding took place at 17.30. Just note that it gets hotter in santorini between 16.00 and 17.30 so this is something to consider when choosing a time. All in all the wedding went very well. The suites of the gods is very close to fira, kamari and oia. Car hire is recommended as there is so much to see and do around the island. The staff were very friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Blondeblueyes
Reviewed June 11, 2011

My wife and I stayed at The Suites of the Gods in March 2011 and it was a beautiful experience. Definitely the best part of our Greece trip. The hotel's architecture is fantastic and the spa is amazing. Definitely worth it to use the private pool deep below the spa - a very surreal experience and atmosphere! The breakfast was good and Sotiris was so helpful, cheerful and friendly during our stay, as were the front desk staff Aphrodite and Sofia who answered all of our requests immediately. The rooms were clean and warm during the chilly nights and the view from the rooms was absolutely unbeatable! The only drawback is that if you want to visit / dine in the livelier towns of Fira and Oia, you will need a car!

-Rizwan and Safiah, Abu Dhabi, UAE

Room Tip: Presidential Suite is amazing!
  • Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 7, 2011

This hotel was really terrible. The rooms were cheaply furnished and dirty; the showers and spas in particular had soap scum visible and bubbling up through the drains. Opening out onto the pool made us feel as though we were in a fish bowl despite the tinted glass. Every noise from the apartments above and on either side contributed to the feeling of a poorly constructed building.
The restaurant had really loud music playing and it was piped up to the pool area until late at night. A peaceful interlude was impossible with this happening.
It is not clear, from the way in which this hotel advertises, that it is at least 5 miles from Fira. Getting there is difficult when buses are unreliable. Hiring a motor bike might suit some or a car but good luck with parking it.
The hotel is in a wind blown, dusty, God-forsaken spot surrounded by industry.
The service was non-existent. We had booked twin beds, and only took the booking on that basis, only to find that there was one bed only and apart from that a fold down bed which was lumpy and very uncomfortable.
We felt that they had not honoured their obligations to provide what they advertise or what they had promised us when we booked. We moved after one night and they agreed to refund our money for the other 3 nights but we are still waiting!

We had ordered

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family
3  Thank maggie3122
Reviewed May 31, 2011

We were fooled by the professional photos and good reviews of this hotel on our honeymoon. The location is perfect if you've rented a car. It's away from the crowds of Fira and Oia but close enough to drive. The architecture of the hotel is naturally beautiful but the decoration is terrible: old ugly furniture mixed with tasteless linens.. Service was poor and staff not so friendly. The spa is quite unique but that's about it. The sheets and towels were all dirty and old. They replaced them with even older ones when we asked for a clean set. Terrible rooms and service at a prime location. Dont fall for the pictures!

• Stayed: September 2010