Vedema, a Luxury Collection Resort, Santorini
Thermes Luxury Villas(Megalochori)(Great Value!)
$666
Alti Santorini Suites(Megalochori)(Great Value!)
$636
Grand View Hotel(Megalochori)(Great Value!)
$624
$516
Agoda.com
Suites of the Gods Spa Hotel(Megalochori)(Great Value!)
$499
$461
$590
$568
Athermi Suites(Megalochori)
TripAdvisor
All reviewsprivate beachwine tastinghotel shuttleshuttle serviceblack rosestarwood pointsblack sand beachangelina joliebeautiful propertysister propertyfree shuttlesmall villageoff the beaten pathfira and oiarecommend this resortturn down serviceour honeymoon
Reviewed October 2, 2013

Positives...service, rooms-big and well appointed, and staff expertise. It's in a little town that has 6 terrific local restaurants and a 300 year old winery. Vedema excludes class and relaxation.
Out of this world...Constantine Papikas and Anthi Maneta...managers
Not so positive....among the resorts on this island filled with spectacular views, Vedema's views are not so great. The price for dinner is exorbitant especially considering one can get equal or better food across the street for 1/3 the cost.

Overall...I'd go back in a minute. Next time I'd get a room with a pool. Yes they have some.

• Stayed: September 2013
2  Thank georgeastraitjr
GMVedema, General Manager at Vedema, a Luxury Collection Resort, Santorini, responded to this reviewResponded November 21, 2013

Dear Georgestraitjr,
I would like to thank you for all your positive comments about our rooms and our staff.
Vedema Resort is located in the middle of a traditional Santorinian village surrounded by emerald vineyards and for this reason we do not have the sea view that most of the Cliffside hotels are offering. Being though a hotel with long history and culture as Vedema used to be a winery 400 years ago, this is exactly what makes us different and unique. In addition, this unique location of our resort gives us the advantage of quicker and easier access to the beaches, to Fira (the capital of the island) and to the port/airport which are all 10 minutes away from our premises.
I am very pleased that you would like to return to Vedema on your next visit to Santorini and I would be more than happy to welcome you back personally and make sure you get one of our Olympian villas with a private pool as you wish!
Best Regards,

Reviewed September 24, 2013

We stayed at the Vedema for 5 days. We had 2 condo style rooms. Lots of stairs. We couldn't use the closet because there was a horrible odor in the room coming from the sewer. The housekeeping was not the best and the free shuttle was limited to every two hours. Not very convenient. The shuttle was late getting us to the airport and we almost missed our flight. They did offer us a free dinner to make up for the smell. The breakfast buffet in the morning was very nice.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
9  Thank Elizabeth M
GMVedema, General Manager at Vedema, a Luxury Collection Resort, Santorini, responded to this reviewResponded September 27, 2013

Dear Elizabeth M,

We would like to thank you for choosing Vedema Resort for your recent stay in Santorini and for taking time to share your valuable feedback with us.
We feel really sorry that one of the 2 suites that you had booked didn’t meet your expectations. However, from the first time that you mentioned this issue to our reception desk, our Rooms Division Manager met you and offered you to change room. You preferred not to do so and stay in the same room in order to avoid packing things. Our maintenance department also tried to fix the problem and as you told us the next day it didn’t smell. Apparently it was a problem that could not be fixed within the day and needed further actions – things that we did directly after your departure. Moreover, in order to compensate for all the inconvenience, our Rooms Division Manager offered you also a free dinner for all the family which you accepted with pleasure.
Regarding the shuttle to the airport, eventhough it left 15 minutes later than the pre scheduled time, we believe that 1 hour in advance in such a small airport for a domestic flight to Athens is more than enough time in order not to miss the flight.
I would like though to invite you back to Vedema Resort for the next year and offer you our best care and attention.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed September 24, 2013

This is an off the beaten path hotel. If you want to be isolated location wise, not on a beach or with a great sea view,few if any outside choices of restauraunts or stores but more in a tiny village setting, no tourist ammenities at all..really feel like you are living in a little village, then this old gated home turned hotel will be great for you. Thats as far as location goes. It was not what I expected or wanted. But for some, it maybe perfect. Onto the service and quality of property.
This property is owned by the same owner as the Mystique in Oia, which I moved to with his help and is in a village with many stores and food choices and on the sea with incredible views. Thats what I thought I was getting at Vedema and was not happy upon arrival. See my Mystique review.. Its excellent. Vedema is in my oppinion a work in progress. The property is a retreat type hotel and could be much better than it is if service level was improved significantly, and the property was enhanced by guest needs and ammenities being focused on more meticulously. This is not a five star property nor is the starwood catagory 7 rating accurate at all..at this time. Pool area is weak, and furnished poorly, and the pool area decking is to rocky to walk barefoot! ( I hate that), the internet is really poor and inconsistant, the rooms are decent but not five star at all..the food is only fair, the service as I said is no smiles, non attentive, you have to search to find someone and ask them to come help you with an umbrella, or a towel as the bin is empty, staff just not present at all. Even if they see you, they do not make eye contact and approach you to say can I help? Just not ready for prime time even if this location is for you. More like a catagory 3-4 at this point in time. As an american, used to Starwood larger properties, I think the biggest issue here is its a small hotel operator with hands on to some extent and you feel like your at a bed and breakfast and anything negative you may question, you will be insulting the owner. Thats tough when your paying 400.00 a night to be afriad to speak up. For me, even with the help of a move from the owner, we found our stay at Vedema to be the single biggest and costliest mistake of our ten day first time greece trip. They should remove all sea or beach pics and make it clear, no beach nearby, only a van ride ten minutes, no views of sea ( that are meaningful) and this is not in a area of any or many choices.. Its secluded. . And is mis rated as you will see in other TA reviews consistantly..NOT A FIVE STAR! I am waiting to see how the owner will handle my issues with the misrep and the negative results of my four day santorini visit ( which is really a do over) to see how the service level of guest relations really is with this boutiqe property. Since mystique is so well run, I cant nderstand why its sister is so polar opposite.I expect a defensive response from the owner as I have read on other TA reviews...so..make sure this is what you want...

Room Tip: You can hear your neighbors talking in ajoining or next door rooms..be aware.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
6  Thank pgblack
GMVedema, General Manager at Vedema, a Luxury Collection Resort, Santorini, responded to this reviewResponded September 25, 2013

My dear Paul Black,

Let me start from the end and your last question : “since Mystique is so well run, I can’t understand why its sister is so polar opposite ? “.
Well, obviously this is impossible, having same ownership, same management, same staff training, same category in Starwood (SPG 7) and in Greek rating (5*).
It is clear that the location is what counts for you and makes the difference, something that you admitted to me during our conversation. Of course by paying the Vedema rate of only 276,75 (and not 400 as you mention) for a suite at Mystique that costs 588, everything looks and feels much better. At this point I would like to thank you for the very nice review for Mystique, but surprisingly everything was perfect except the value for money paid which you rated 3/5 (?).
I will not comment to your review, as I believe it is based on negative feelings that you had when you found yourself at a place you didn’t research and was not what you were expecting.
I’m extremely happy that you enjoyed Mystique so much and I really hope to welcome you back next season and provide you even better services, that reflect and represent the rates of this hotel.

With kind regards

Reviewed September 20, 2013

We stayed at Vedema hotel for four days and we had good time. We stayed at a very big 2bedrooms villa, very white as described, 2 big bathrooms with decent views.

Hotel was in the middle of everywhere and away from the crowd. Its 15 minutes away from airport "hotel provided free shuttle from/to it", 7 minutes away from "perissa beach/area" where a nice clean quiet beach and great cozy restaurants, 10 minutes from "thira city Center" and 30 minutes to "Oia area" where the best sunset seen can be found and great views.

The receptionists were welcoming but we had to ask so many questions in order to get the right advises to what we could do at the area. As for us, we had all the details from online about santorini so we just needed someone to Guide us through so we cover the best parts in such tight timing and the receptionists helped a lot in that part.

The villa/hotel was perfect for group of friends, families, etc but not romantic as it seems in the pictures. For romantic places with same cost you need to go up to Oia area which is up the mountains".

Hence, the hotel was not exactly a 100% a 5 stars hotel as it had some lack in room service such as getting the villa so crystal clean, you would feel something is missing, It had ants in the bathrooms and at times on the bed "but honestly i am not sure if we complained this would have been sorted put or not", restaurant didn't feel welcoming as it was so dark with lots of cats so we didn't bother to eat there "better food can be found walking distance from hotel @ feggera restaurant", breakfast was decent but repeated every single day, swimming pool was so small not as it appeared in the picture so i suggest spend more time at the beaches. As for the spa, you can find better ones at Oia so save your money for better places unless you cannot bother the distance. Also the timing of the shuttle was not that great "in the afternoons" as it stops at 5 ish were most people would start wanting to go around for dinner etc "but the driver was nice".

To sum up, the hotel can be rated as a 4 stars hotel and not 5, good for groups and not couples looking for romantic place, do not expect fancy rooms with fancy lobby etc, hotel can be much better if the management looked better after room service, staff training, quality of utilities, etc. in the end, its a decent place but can be better.

Room Tip: Notes: if ever visiting and looking for villa stay, ask for THITA 1 or any nearby, make sure you ask for taxies 15 to 30 minutes before leaving hotel as it takes time, expect using taxies a lot, and do your own homework on places to visit beforehand as you will find this more useful.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
10  Thank Noor A

Dear Noor A,
Thank you very much for choosing Vedema Resort for your recent stay in Santorini and of course for taking time to share your valuable feedback with us.
We are really pleased that you liked the size and the colors of the suite you stayed as well as the location of the resort which being in the middle of everything can facilitate any guest’s needs regarding things to do and places to visit.
It is indeed a more family and friend’s oriented resort as it is not located on the Cliffside of the island as you may expected. However, we do have a lot of couples and honeymooners who really enjoy the privacy of this place, away from the more crowded and touristic parts of the island.
We feel sorry if some of our services were not up to your expectations. We wish we knew earlier (during your stay) so we could alter or avoid any inconvenience.
I’m really looking forward to welcome you back in Vedema Resort and offer the best we can for you.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed September 20, 2013

I recently travel w/ my honey to enjoy our honeymoon. The staff of the hotel is vey attentive and rea;;y great attention to detail. Very recommendable experience. The hotel location is outside of the popular Oia, but once you get to know how close everything is plus you find that Oia is so touristy, the luxury hotel and tranquility of the area are very much welcome

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear MoreRules,
I would like to thank you personally for all your positive feedback regarding your recent stay with us especially when it comes for such a special occasion: your honeymoon! Our guests’ satisfaction is our first priority and their positive comments are the best reward for all our efforts.
Allow me please to invite you back to Vedema Resort on your next visit to Santorini and promise you a memorable wedding anniversary!
Best Regards,