“Intimate Village Oasis”

Vedema, a Luxury Collection Resort, Santorini
Ranked #4 of 7 Hotels in Megalochori
Reviewed August 18, 2013

My wife and I thoroughly enjoyed our stay at Vedema in Santorini. We stayed at the property as part of a week-long stay on the island (split between Vedema and Mystique – the other Starwood property on Santorini).

The combination of the two properties was ideal – a tranquil village of Megalochori with the more touristy (and pricy town of Oia). We were not the only ones spitting our vacation, so others have caught onto this plan.

We simply loved Vedema. After being picked up at the Santorini airport and driven to the property, our room was upgraded to a huge three room suite with a dramatic balcony and outdoor spa. We were welcomed with champagne and fruit and our bed was covered in rose petals (we let the property know in advance that it was our anniversary).

We enjoyed our daily breakfast (though did not do dinner on property as the village had three wonderful restaurants that we really enjoyed.

The best feature in our opinion was the access to Vedema’s private beach club. This is not to be missed (we wished that we had even more time to enjoy the beach). Exclusive, private, great food, great bar. The perfect beach and facilities for a wonderful day – with frequent transportation to and from the resort.

We loved the property and look forward to returning.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
GMVedema, General Manager at Vedema, a Luxury Collection Resort, Santorini, responded to this reviewResponded November 21, 2013

Dear Drosen85,
It means a lot to me that Vedema Resort has a 5 star review from such an experienced member of Trip Advisor. I see that you have visited a lot of hotels and the comparison of all your experiences is inevitable.
Therefore, I am very glad that you enjoyed a lot your stay at Vedema Resort and that you appreciated all our efforts to contribute in your special occasion: your wedding anniversary!
Thank you also for making a positive reference in our sister property Mystique hotel in Oia where you spend some days as well.
I will be more than happy to welcome you back to our premises on your next visit to the island and offer you another memorable stay.
Best regards,

There are newer reviews for Vedema, a Luxury Collection Resort, Santorini

Reviewed August 18, 2013

From weeks before we even arrived through the end of our stay with them in Vedema, the staff was truly exceptional. My wife and I have stayed at other Starwood Luxury Collection properties around the world and Vedema stands out as unique and special. The service, intimacy and location within a traditional village in Santorini were all reasons why.
This began three weeks before we arrived, when the concierge reached out to welcome us, learn more about our arrival and departures so that they can arrange for transfers and see if there was anything else we needed.
Upon arrival we were greeted pleasantly and because of my frequent traveler status and our honeymoon we were upgraded to a beautiful suite. We were then guided through the small resort and taken to our room. This set the tone for us and we continued to be positively impressed through the trip. Though we regretfully only stayed 4 nights, my wife and I will always remember our time in Santorini, in large part because we stayed at Vedema.
The hotel also offers complimentary shuttles to/from Fira and the 'Black Sand Beach'; both of which are about 10 minute drives. The food at both the pool and the restaurant Vinsanto are very good. Vinsanto in also unique in that it resides in what was many centuries ago a wine cellar and most of the light are candles.
We'd recommend Vedema to anyone looking to experience Santorini in a relaxed yet elegant and intimate setting.

Dear Vicente r,
Thank you very much for your wonderful review. I am more than happy that you enjoyed your stay at Vedema Resort and all our services before and during your stay.
It means a lot to us that we contributed in your excellent memories from the island of Santorini, especially when it comes for a special occasion for you: your honeymoon!
I really look forward to welcoming you back to our premises and offer you another impeccable stay especially if you choose us for your wedding anniversary!

Reviewed August 14, 2013

Traveling Greece with 2 children ages 11 and 14, it is hard to find a hotel to accomodate everyone. The suite at the Vedema had more than enough room for our family including a private patio and rooftop sun area. The hotel was so quaint and immaculately kept. The staff was friendly and attentive to all of our needs. The food was great and eating out by the pool in the morning was so calming. They provide shuttles to Fira, the main town and to the beach. You can walk to several restaurants that were not as touristy as the ones in Fira. We have stayed at several hotels in different parts of Greece and this was by far one of the best!l

Room Tip: We have two children ages 11 and 14 and the two bedroom suites had more than enough room to spread o...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family

Dear Nolagreek,
I would like to thank you for your positive review about your stay at Vedema Resort. I am more than happy that you and all the members of your family enjoyed your stay in our premises.
I am looking forward to welcoming you back to Vedema Resort on your next visit to Santorini island.

Reviewed August 14, 2013

Hotel is not on a par with others within the Starwood Luxury Collection. Rooms vary in quality - the first room to which we were shown, lacked a normal shower or even a hook from which to hang the handheld "shower"; a second room addressed this issue. Staff in the restaurants seemed inadequately trained and meals were very lengthy as a result. There was no recognition of a birthday, although the reception staff were accommodating more broadly. During the crisis of an electricity blackout on the whole island, the impression was one of struggling without clear leadership.

Overall, not good value for money despite the intrinsic beauty of the island.

Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
5  Thank M R
Reviewed August 3, 2013

I have had the great fortune to stay in many of the Starwood Luxury Collection properties around the world. Each one offers its own nuance. The Vedema was a perfect property to unplug, unwind and relax. Our suite was great with great morning and afternoon light. Our own patios and spa. The staff was great and extremely helpful in all facets from restaurant recommendations to the local sites to see. Fira was close by and a quick drive. Oia was a bit farther but we preferred staying a bit away in return for quiet. I loved hearing the bells ring on the hour. It really made you feel like you were away.

The property was beautiful and intimate which I feel afforded better service. The pool and morning breakfast were great. Very good food and the staff was extremely attentive. I thought it was a great location and a short drive to most anywhere we wanted to go - including the local wineries. Of all the properties we have enjoyed on this three week trip to turkey and Greece, the Vedema was the most relaxing and enjoyable.

Dear 1boomer1,
Thank you very much for this wonderful review.
I am more than happy that Vedema Resort met your expectations and you chose it as your favorite one among other properties you visited in Greece and Turkey.
I am really looking forward to welcoming you back to our premises on your next visit to the island of Santorini.

Reviewed August 3, 2013

Our stay at the Vendema was outstanding. I had never been to Greece before and my family and I stayed here as part of a tour. What a wonderful surprise! It is difficult to describe the beauty and the historical appeal of this resort. Our place was more like a town-house design with 3 floors that opened up to a spectacular roof view which we enjoyed every night. The hotel staff was outstanding. They were gracious and very helpful. We went to other places in Greece during our tour but Santorini and the Vendema was the highlight. We were able to walk into the immediate town, and the restaurant we ate at next to the Vendema was the best meal I had in 2 weeks in Greece. We are planning our return. Well done!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family

Dear Carlos I,
Thank you very much for all your positive feedback about our staff and our services.
I am more than happy that Santorini and Vedema Resort were the highlights on your first trip to Greece.
I wish you return back to Santorini soon and choose again Vedema Resort for your stay. I would be more than grateful to welcome you back personally and make sure you have another memorable stay.

Reviewed August 1, 2013

Off the beaten path, perfect for wine lovers wanting to relax. Quick access to the best vineyards with every comfort of a Starwood luxury resort. Great for travelers with preferred guest status- we got upgraded to a suite the size of my apartment with an outdoor hot tub. Not the best views in Santorini but definitely worth a portion of your trip to unwind and relax.

One negative, room numbering system confusing, we had charges from another guest loaded onto our room. Mostly resolved, some extra tip charges that I just left on there. The front desk was fairly quick to resolve.

Room Tip: Dorian suites look small, at least in relation to the upgrades! Well worth getting the bigger rooms...

Dear Iseult M,
Thank you for taking time to share with us your valuable feedback. I truly appreciate that as a Starwood Preferred Guest you honored us with your choice and you enjoyed a lot the upgrade that you got and our services.
I am glad also that our front desk dealt successfully with the occurred inconvenience.
I am looking forward to welcoming you back to Vedema Resort on your next visit to Santorini.
Antonis Eliopoulos

Also consider these accommodations in or near Megalochori
Andronis Luxury Suites
Mystique Luxury Collection Hotel
Iconic Santorini, a boutique cave hotel
Calderas Dolphin Suites
Calderas Dolphin Suites
#2 of 7 in Megalochori
Suites of the Gods Spa Hotel
Suites of the Gods Spa Hotel
#6 of 7 in Megalochori
Petit Palace Suites Hotel

Been to Vedema, a Luxury Collection Resort, Santorini? Share your experiences!