“Total Relaxation and Sunset Spectacular”
Review of Grand View Hotel

Grand View Hotel
Ranked #2 of 7 Hotels in Megalochori
Reviewed May 7, 2013

I went with my friend to the Grand View because we wanted to avoid going to a hotel in the Thira-Merovigli area and boy were we rewarded. The view from the hotel is very calming and its location very quiet. We spent most of our time by the pool sipping iced-coffees and drinks. The staff are very friendly and gave us excellent advice for local restaurants and activities. Also as we were a small group of gay men I would recommend this hotel for LGBT travelers who are looking for gay friendly accommodation in Santorini.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank Menelas74

Reviewed April 28, 2013

I stayed a few days after my week in Bluedolphins
the hotel is nice and calm- the energy is unique.
you rest and sleep like a baby. I relaxed, enjoyed the pool and all the sunsets.
Had a bottle of wine every afternoon at the pool. the breakfast is of high quality
with 100% fresh orange, maggies home made jams, local fruits and treats.
I had nice margaritas,too at the pool bar - from Alexis
I also went to the red beach just 5 minutes away and had a great dinner megalochori at the restaurants there- just 3 minutes walking distance. I think a must us also to go to the winery in the village. don't forget to go to beach bar at perivolos for swimming..nice music and bars on the beach! I stayed in Firostefani and Megalochori- both places have ecxelent caldera view. I think I prefer the view from Megalochori as there are just a few hotels, it is more quiet , close to the beaches and with about 8 restaurants on a 10 minutes walk.
aaaa- there is also a beach just in front of the hotel- not many people in front of the volcano- go there, too!

Reviewed April 28, 2013

I come to Grand view every year from 2009.
it has great view and the location is the best as it has ecxelent volcano view, pool and sunset!
the pool is big and nice! I had nice coctails and smoothies from the bar and quality food
the hotel was renovated in 2013 and is grand new! stylish with new decoration, curtains., lcd tvs
many cimena and all live sports channels..I watched champions league live- liveroool and Barcelona- Real live games & pre games of formula 1.
you walk 3 minutes to the megalochori center and can have nice foood at Raki or mousiko kouti taverna with original greek food on fair prices. you can drive 3 minutes or go with the bus to perivolos beach (the best black beach) or the red one (7 minutes drive).
we also climbed down the hotel to a virgin black beach in from of the caldera. this is a paradise small beach just in front of the hotel.
I loved the homemade jams and honey on breakfast & the Greek frape!

Reviewed April 19, 2013

We went for a long weekend with my wife. Didn't want to leave.
The place is unbelievable.
Magnificent view, very clean, excellent service.
The hotel's location combines the unique and famous volcano view with the privacy needed to relax, just a couple of kilometers from Fira.
Words are not enough to describe being at Santorini.
It's like leaving in a dream!

1  Thank Basil_Ouasfi
Reviewed April 16, 2013

Situated at the most amazing spot on the island Grand View offers stunning views to the best sunset of the world!!
Spacious ,elegant and very clean rooms , home made breakfast and the most polite staff i've ever met!
I strongly recommend this place to all of you for relaxation and revitalising vacation .

Room Tip: Try the double with private balconies ....
1  Thank gigaskipper
Reviewed April 1, 2013

"My husband and I took a four day weekend and stayed at this hotel. You really can't ask for more, no complaints at all! The staff at all levels were extremely friendly and helpful, the rooms were very clean and the view was amazing!!! It was a great place to stay and I would highly recommend it for those who want a good hotel with a great location on a budget. Oveall we loved it and we will definitely go next year!!!
H+M

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank mili a
Reviewed March 19, 2013

Superb hotel in a great spot! it has the best caldera view and is close to the center and to the red and black beaches. I enjoyed a better sunset than Oia!The hotel has new management and new style. The rooms are stylish and the bathrooms with happy colors- really different. the breakfast is buffet with homermade jams and cakes.the place was trated and landcleared from a FShui expert I met. I had the best sleep of my life!

Room Tip: book a private balcony- pay more get more!
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank VanVig
Also consider these accommodations in or near Megalochori
Apanemo
Villa Ilias Caldera Hotel
Villa Ilias Caldera Hotel
#1 of 21 in Firostefani
Anteliz Suites Santorini

Been to Grand View Hotel? Share your experiences!