See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed June 6, 2018

I booked a Villa with Villas and Mansions for my family and after reading he floor plan it seemed to me that Villa Selene is a two bedroom able to fit all four of us. It is not it is for two people and I only discovered this when the confirmation email arrived. I was surprised and worried because I booked with a non flexible rate. Alexandra understood my big problem and because I tried to contact her immediately she released the room and my payment. I can't review the property because I did not stay there but I can review the manager and I give her 5 stars.

Vince

Date of stay: June 2018
1  Thank Vince V
Reviewed October 10, 2017

We spent 3 days at the villa which was amazing. But what made our time there great was the fantastic service we received from Nasia. She met us on arrival, helped us plan excursions as well as arranging all of the logistics thereof. She really went out of her way to ensure we had the best experiences during our short stay.

Date of stay: October 2017
Reviewed August 31, 2017

It all began in April 2016 when we were planning to stay at Villas and Mansions at Santorini. For some reason I changed the plan and decided to cancel the booking. But sadly it seemed to be an instance of changing booking conditions by booking.com after the booking had been done. The website clearly flashed against this particular room that there would be no booking charges if I cancelled before 20th of May 2016. I did cancel much ahead of the deadline so I was clearly eligible for refund within the terms of booking.
To recover the payment made I had been communicating twice a week for almost a year during which I started contemplating taking recourse to legal action or using the social media sites.Yet before indulging in all this I made one last request to sort it out amicably and giving me full refund.
Nadia Filipopoulou the Operations Manager dropped like manna from heaven as the mail got answered on 18 June 2017. She wrote-"Rest assured we will promptly look into it, and resolve any misunderstanding that has occurred. Your patience and cooperation is greatly appreciated." This was enough to keep my hopes alive.
Nasia was prompt in answering mails, asking for details and would even call at times.Tirelessly she worked on my issue going out of the way to go to the accounting section. Very professionally and sincerely Nasia managed to help me get the refund finally on 26 August 2017. Nasia is an asset to this hospitality industry.... May you rise higher and higher professionally....
Thanking Nasia from the core of my heart for her wholehearted involvement and Villas and Mansions for their professional approach in crediting the refund to my amount.
Dr. Aprajita Kashyap

Hoping that the matter does not get escalated.

Date of stay: September 2016
Reviewed August 21, 2017

My wife and I stayed 9 nights in the Villa Selene of Villas and Mansions. This Villa is perfect for a couple that want's some privacy and a relaxing place to stay with and Amazing view of the Caldera.

The Villa is not big, but sufficient for a couple. It has a downstairs area consisting of a very comfortable bed, large shower area with sitting area carved out of the rock. The bedroom has a wardobe and chester drawers for hanging and putting your clothing. No air conditioning but we found it cool and very comfortable due to the cave type design.

As you climb the stairs to the main floor you have a samll breakfast table, fridge, coffee pot and the Wash Cabinet. The glass doors open up to the deck area, hot tub and an amazing view of the Caldera.

The hot tub area is covered and very private. This is not the usual for Santorini as most villas the pools are out in the open and very visiable to everyone walking by. The only people that can disturb you with their presence is the couple that would be staying in the Villa below you as you share a common stairs and entrance.

The deck area is large and has two padded benches for relaxing on or catching some rays. This area we stayed in and just soaked up the sun and rested our eyes on the view. When it got too hot we jumped in the tub to cool down and drink wine. Absolutely one of the best parts of the villa.

The Villa Manager is Nasia and she looked after us in a first class manner. Everything we needed or wanted she booked and took care of. She has excellent taste in restaurants and activities and you can trust her to do all your bookings. You can rest assured she will get you the best table and a good price on anything you do. She is golden and a very valuable asset for Villas and Mansions. Thank you Nasia for spoiling us.

The negative points I can say about the Villa is because it is a traditional cave the ventalation system from the bedroom was connected with the other Villa and we could here every conversation taking place. I am sure they can fix this but if not we moved the dresser in front of the vent and blocked off the noise. This should be fixed as it is annoying if you have loud neighbours.
The other negative point is that you cannot escape the sun and lie in a shaded lounge chair. It is either you lie in the sun on the deck area or sit in the hot tub and drink wine and read a good book to escape the sun. I did get an amazing tan so all was good.

The Location of the villa is very central and close to Gala Square in Imerovigli. You can walk every where in Fira and Imerovigli in 30 minutes. We found good local mini marts withing 5 minutes that had everything you need to have breakfast and lunch in the villa, if your ok with fruit, yogurt, cereal and sandwiches for those meals. This was a very nice option as it allowed us to focus our dining on the sunset restaurants in the evening.

This was my first time to Santorini so I do not have another property to compare to but I do know that we walked past numerous other villas and they had no privacy. The hot tub's or pool's and sitting area's are in the open and usually right beside the walking path. I am very glad we did not book a villa like this as it would spoil your holiday if you where expecting privacy.

Date of stay: August 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 28, 2017

We spent 5 days in July in this gorgeous villa. It is located off the beaten path in a lovely small & traditional village which makes it a perfect getaway. The star feature of the Villa Sophia is the outside area - its completely private whether you are lying by the pool or enjoying lunch in the outdoor kitchen garden, which is surrounded (like the rest of the outdoor area) by beautiful plants and flowers.

The village center is around the corner, and there is a selection of really nice restaurants, all serving good local food. The car rental was also arranged by the Villa and very convenient. Overall, this is a great venue for a perfect vacation. Highly recommended.

Date of stay: July 2017