All reviews cave villa enjoying lunch outdoor kitchen lying by the pool beautiful plants and flowers traditional villa first floor private pool on arrival hot tub car rental oia and fira yogurt bakery airport bedroom privacy
Reviewed August 18, 2013

My wife and I recently went to Santorini for a romantic getaway from the kids. We found a villa through Villas and Mansions of Santorini. The School House Villa was perfect! It was so nice to have our own private pool, plus a kitchen and living room area. We had friends staying at a hotel on the island and they spent most of their time at our villa. The owner Pol is the best! He met us at the airport and provided a rental car and helpful tips. He was very helpful and owns 2 great restaurants in the town (Megalohori). Raki is the best traditional Greek taverna on the island and Spiti is a great Italian restaurant. Our stay was magical!!!

Date of stay: July 2013
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
3  Thank tipvbz
Reviewed June 18, 2013

As a group of 5 friends, we enjoyed a fantastic holiday break at Mansion 1878 in Megalochori, a charming village 10 minutes drive from Fira. The atmosphere was lovely and people were everso friendly with a variety of restaurants to choose from (Raki and Feggera are highly recommended….Tara at Feggera will take wonderful care of you). Our villa was spacious, offered a stunning private pool, amazing courtyard landscape with plenty of flowers, and the privacy needed to relax and enjoy a reconnection with friends! Most importantly, the service from Paul and Sharron at Villas and Mansions couldn’t have been better. They were very attentive to our every need. A car hire is highly recommended if you want to easily get around and explore the whole island. While the roads can be steep and windy, drivers are very respectful and it’s worth it to visit the various villages and take in the gorgeous views. Many of us have travelled around the globe and we would all agree that we all felt very safe in Santorini at all times. We look forward to another divine visit in the future...

Date of stay: June 2013
Trip type: Traveled with friends
3  Thank IrelandFriends
Reviewed June 1, 2013

We stayed in Villa IO and it was like trip in 1001 nights! Exclusive luxurious Hideout! Great Feng Shui design based on the traditional style of the Island! Fantastic Services offered by the owners who had no limits to fulfill our wishes on all levels! Best location in town!!! we definetly come back!!! highly recommended NOT to miss...

Room tip: Choose Villa IO!
Date of stay: May 2013
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
2  Thank RasManos
Reviewed May 28, 2013

In the middle of May my son treated me to a holiday in Santorini. I had no idea what to expect, as I had never been to Greece before, but he showed me various properties on his laptop which were advertised by Santorini Villas and Mansions. To be honest, I was absolutely stunned by the photos: strange, wonderful cave houses built deep inside the rock, gracious old mansions, striking white villas decorated with giant terracotta pots of palms and aloe vera. I wondered how close to reality the photos were (as we all know, photos can be very deceiving) but we choose the striking cave house and were on our way. After David met us at Santorini airport (we hired a car from his company in Megalachori for the duration of our stay) he accompanied us to Imerovigli and took us to our cave house, Villa Ilios & Selene. Paul, the manager of Santorini Villas and Mansions joined us to show us our house - It was fabulous!

The pictures on the website didn't actually do it justice, especially the unexpectedly large size of the cave house, whose curved white walls (there isn't a straight line in sight!) were decorated by artistic pieces such as shoals of silver mackerel and beautiful brass fish and lots of comfy contemporary seating. We used the hot tub at least twice a day: it is no exaggeration to say that the hot tub is a little oasis of bliss as you look first into a powder blue, cloudless sky and then across to spectacular, uninterrupted views of the sparkling blue caldera and the little blue and white houses and churches on the slopes. Paul, the manager of Santorini Villas and Mansions couldn't do enough for us. He showed us all the best places to go and things to do, such as the winery museum where we made the most of the wine-tasting tasting session and staggered back to the car loaded down with bottles of the not-to-be missed Vinsanto (which you just cant miss as it is made from sun-dried red grapes, kept in barrels for 10 years and served cold). Mmmm!.
I think we drank at least two bottles of this at Perissa beach, where we laid under the straw umberellas until the sun went down. If that wasn't enough, because it was not yet high season, Paul offered us the chance to experience a different house halfway through our stay. We chose to stay from the Wednesday to the Saturday at the Mansion Kiara in Megalachori village. Wow!! Great choice. A heavy oak door set into the walls of a charming narrow street led us into a large courtyard complete with wooden sun loungers, a large dining table and chairs which were placed under a straw awning, and by a pool shaded by the tumbling pink blossoms of a bougainvillea tree and a tree covered in baby figs. It was truly glorious to enjoy the island by day (everything is easy to get to by car, including beaches, shops, restaurants, the historical excavations at Akrotiri, the blue waters of the Agean, the local bakeries, the scuba diving (the island is only about 20 miles from end to end) and then to come back in the evening to such a lovely house where we lit the candles and the oriental lamps. We want to thank Paul again for his kindness, his professionalism, and his obvious desire to make sure we had a wonderful time. I will never forget that holiday, and the friendliness of the people of Santorini. I will definitely go back, and when I do I will definitely stay at one of the houses offered by Santorini Villas and Mansions.
I was very sad to come home: in fact I had to be almost dragged onto the plane! Thank you again Paul, and Santorini Villas and mansions for one of the best holidays of my life. We really did have seven days of heaven.
Elaine Crawley, Manchester

Room tip: A house with a sea view is wonderful. But so are all the houses offered by Santorini Villas and Mansions! Each one has its own unique charm.
Date of stay: May 2013
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed December 3, 2012

Very nice refurbishment of a traditional house. The decoration inside the house has been done to the highest standards but maintaining the island feeling. Understated luxury I would say!
We spend the first few days just laying by the pool and wondering around the Megalochori, it was the paradise!
We were two couples sharing the house but there was space for a third couple. I would say it is also a very comfortable house for families
We will definitely come back and after showing the pictures so some friends we will need two houses this time!

Room tip: The have different villas, all very nice! I loved Kiara!
Date of stay: August 2012