We booked the Acajou as we were suggested this accomodation by the internet agency as an alternative to our 1st and favorite choice in Praslin, which was fully booked. Overall we found it good value for money...significantly less expensive than 4-star hotels, Acajou has more pros than cons. The rooms (we got a deluxe seaview) were very large, clean and with nice interior decorations. The bathroom was equivalent to a 4-star hotel with all comforts, a very large shower and bath too. The hotel has 30-35 rooms only and it's generally very quiet and relaxing. The other rooms are hosted in two all-wooden buildings facing each other in a rich tropical garden with palms, banana trees and a lot of birds. The swimming pool, in the middle of the garden, is quite small, yet a minor detail considering the quality of the beach and of the sea. Acajou is situated on the Cote d'Or long beach, definitely the best beach in Praslin...white sand and relatively calm water. Some seaweeds and grass mark the otherwise candid beach. No need to wear rubber shoes when walking on low waters in front of the hotel. Umbrellas and chairs available and space is in excess of guests. We visited other hotels in Praslin and on the same Cote d'Or: some do not have much space on the beach and can turn pretty disappointing if one doesn't expect it.
Service at Acajou is acceptably slow (as in the whole island) but extremely kind, both at the reception and in the rooms. The hotel manager is almost always on site and she's quite professional.
The restaurant for breakfast and dinner is charming, hosted on the main stilt house, open air with garden view. Breakfast is apparently less fancy than in big hotels but rich and complete anyway. Dinners are either buffet-style or with a small a-la-carte menu. Quality of food is good (not exceptional) and there is a lot of creole cuisine. In fact the restaurant seems to be popular among locals. There is quiet music on some evenings, but generally speaking this hotel should be recommended more for couples than for kids who look for some evening entertainment or friends.
The hotel offers a small gym and an internet room at €3/hour.
Overall valuation is positive, especially so considering the lower cost compared to other accomodations.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Acajou Beach Resort is a Seychellois-owned hotel along the Cote D'Or beachfront on the northern coast of Praslin, in the Seychelles archipelago. "Praslin's green hotel" features 52 units across five different room categories, offering visitors comfortable beachfront accommodation maintained with eco-friendly practices and facilities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Agoda and Priceline so you can book your Acajou Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Acajou Hotel Praslin Island
- Acajou Beach Resort Seychelles/Praslin Island