my wife and i stayed 7 nights in a superior room. the transfer flight from mahe to praslin was smooth and the reception at the hotel good. we did buy a bottle of wine at the airport in south africa which came in very handy for sundowners since alcohol is 10 times the price there. this hotel is situated on a very beautiful and quiet part of cote d or beach and we could snorkel right in front of the hotel. very few other hotels have this privilege and be aware that some of the other hotels are not even on the beach. the food was buffet breakfast and dinner which was excellent considering the location in the middle of the indian ocean. the a la carte lunches anywhere on the island praslin was excellent but expensive. best beach definitely anse lazio where we could relax on perfect soft white sand in the shade of indigenous trees in between snorkelling crystal clear waters teeming with hundreds of different fish species over coral reefs found 20m from shore in depths of 1-2m. felt safe with lifeguards on the beach. snorkelling at st pierre also good try do this with the whitetipdivers scuba centre next to the hotel if you are experienced. excursion to la digue island is expensive:we took the local bus to the jetty where we baught tickets with the cat rose ferry to la digue which was an easy 20min transfer. on la digue we rented bicycles like everyone else and enjoyed scenery especially anse source d argent. snorkelling not easy here have to be more experienced to go deeper. also found endemic seychelles paradise flycatcher in the veuve reserve easily with local guide. on praslin saw black parrot at entrance to vallee de mai. also visited cousin island via this hotel and saw seychelles fody,warbler and magpie robin. fairy terns were everywhere. take cash to smaller islands:can exchange rand,dollar or euro for seychelles rupees at local shops. buy local beer and local takamaka rum= very good. budget to have enough extra money for excursions because that is what makes it a dream holiday!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our hotel is a Seychelles gem, embraced in the warmth of the Indian Ocean. The pristine white coral sands of the Cote d’Or Beach at our front door will tempt you to bare your feet. The aquamarine waters that stretch towards an endless horizon will float your troubles away. Our lush lawns and tropical gardens will delight your eye with their beauty. Here there is more than sand, sea and sunshine. There is also the warmth of the Seychelles smile – making it a paradise you will never want to leave. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotwire, Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Agoda, Priceline, Hotels.com, TravelUp, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Paradise Sun reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Paradise Sun Hotel Anse Volbert
- Paradise Sun Praslin Island
- Hotel Paradise Sun
- Paradise Sun Seychelles/Praslin Island