“Elia's Restaurant, fantastic food & service”

Mandraki Village Boutique Hotel
Ranked #3 of 12 Hotels in Koukounaries
Reviewed September 8, 2011

We didn't stay in the Mandraki hotel, but ate in the Elia's Restaurant. It isn't somewhere that we would usually try just because of the boutique style, we usually go for the mroe traditional Greek tavernas. We tried this as it had excellent reviews on trip advisor and we weren't disappointed. I have no idea what the people in the last reveiw are talking about, as I'm certain it was the same guy that served us, would have served them as their stay was only a week before ours. He was very confident, and witty, but polite at all times, and very courteous (did a little kind of bow as we left, and thanked us for eating with them). The food was beautifully presented and tasted great! My partner and I have a rule that we don't eat in the same place twice on holiday, as we like to try loads of different places, however we made an exception with this place and returned the night after. They were very pleased to see us. ;-)

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple

Reviewed August 26, 2011

I thought it was time for me to post my review, especially after the one that I have just read which was less than favourable.
We stayed at the Mandraki in June and had a wonderful time. We arrange the hotel to transport us to and from the airport and on comparison with taxi prices, it was much cheaper to do it this way so we were happy. The hotel was lovely, we had a great room on the ground floor in the pink building and it was really spacious with a terrace outside. The one downside would be that the balcony walls to next door are very low so there was little privacy. The pool was brilliant, much larger than we expected and we loved the cocktail menu - there is a happy hour or two each night so make sure you take advantage! The sunbeds are comfy and the atmosphere around the pool was relaxed and informal. We went on the greek BBQ night which was traditional food and greek dancing, it was huge fun and if you get chance definately do it. The beaches, Koukounaries is a very busy beach with boats stopping by to drop more people off. However, if you walk right to the end of it - or get off at the alst bus stop then that end is less busy. We walked to Mandraki, Elias & Banane Beaches. Mandraki is wonderful, the walk is easy by my reckoning but the ground is uneven and slightly uphill on the way so those less fit may find it harder. At Mandraki beach check out the beach bar - it doesnt look much but the chips with oregano are amazing and the greek salad is brill.

Breakfast at the hotel was great, buffet style, plenty of choice and I was full all day from feasting first thing!

You can catch the bus into Skiahos town from just down the road from the hotel, having sadi that if you wave furiously enough then it will stop anywhere! Its 2 euro into Skiathos and the buses run late into the night, much cheaper than a taxi and more fun! The roads in Skiathos dont seem to be as scary as the normal greek island experience either! Tip - don't eat at the Windmill on a windy night or half the floor will be in your meal and your face! We ate at Selini on the last night - it was amazing!

Anyway, to sum it up, Skiahos is beautiful, and the hotel Mandraki is fantastic, the staff, gardens and surroundings are super. Ignore the last review, it is pure fiction!

4  Thank stingraysister
Reviewed August 12, 2011

From the moment we entered the cool and clean reception , we new we had chosen the right place. The whole place gives you a feeling of the best that a Greek Island holiday has to offer, with beautiful surroundings and considerate and attentive staff. The pool is lovely and is a great palce to chill out and the rooms and comfortable, clean, stylish and roomy...with a large confortable bed the almost garantees a great nights sleep.

I have travelled all over the world and yet I have never felt quite as much at home as I did at the Mandraki. My wife and I usually only go on one summer holiday a year as we like t ski and we also like long weekend breaks, however, we have just booked to go back to the Mandraki att he end of September........Cant tell you how much Im looking forwards to it.!!

Room Tip: Try the Junior suites, they are amazing
2  Thank Troy H
Reviewed August 8, 2011

We literally stumbled on an ad of this place on a map of Skiathos on our way there from Volos. We called, the price was reasonable (100 euros per night with the discount), so we took a shot. And boy, were we pleasantly surprised! The entire place has the most positive aura. Be it because of the decorator, the friendly staff, the beautiful rooms, "Elia's" restaurant, the spectacular garden, everything about this place oozes tranquility, beauty, serenity, relaxation. The only flaw I could find is the size of the pool, which could stand to be a little bigger. But who needs a pool when the beach is a 5 minute walk away, anyway?! I have never been so sorry to leave a hotel before. Thumbs up for this gem of a place.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank VictoriaAthens
Reviewed August 6, 2011

We can't praise this hotel too much. The staff were helpful and attentive: I don't think I have ever had better service in a hotel . The only gripe I have (and it is a small gripe) is that the bathroom door was made of glass - this meant that sitting outside the bathroom you could hear everything that was going on inside (if you see what I mean). But you can't blame the staff for that

Strongly recommended

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank tjp56
Reviewed July 25, 2011

stayed here in June, the staff, the hotel the whole experience was friendly!!....breakfast was excellent, the restaurant in the hotel is fantastic!!

would definately go again!!

2  Thank TheWaterside03
Reviewed July 22, 2011

Have just returned from Mandraki Village hotel and would definitely recommend it. and that is saying something as I am quite fussy ! I e-mailed the hotel in advance to request a room with a nice view & we were given a lovely room with a balcony overlooking the grounds & pool ( Rm 702 ) . The room & hotel were very clean and quiet,.Fridge in room was welcome and the air-con in the room was quiet and efficient . Good sound proofing in rooms as didn't hear any outside noise once in room despite there being a baby in nearby room. Nice pool ( fine for me but a bit small for keen swimmers ) and a 10 min walk to the beach. Beautiful beach - got busy especially when the boats arrived but plenty of sun-beds ( 8 Euros for 2 beds and umbrella ) Marina end of beach was quieter . Had read reports of mosquitoes but didn't have any problems. Didn't bother with anti-mosquito spray after the first night and didn't get any bites.
Breakfasts at the Hotel were really nice with plenty of choice and served until a civilised 11am ! My partner likes baked beans with a cooked breakfast & they only had them on 1 day but a very minor point.
Bus stop a few minutes from hotel . Great service into Skiathos Town but VERY crowded at certain times .....packed on like sardines early evening ! 2 Euros each way to main Town.
Lovely restaurants in Skiathos Town. Avoided the Tourisy ones around the waterfront and on the main street which is mostly Tourist tat but side streets around Old Port are attractive with more upmarket shops and good restaurants. Hotel restaurant was very good too. Enjoyed meals at the Lyhnari & the Palouki grill and steak house, also the fabulous views. at the Windmill. Went to Egypt last year and both got stomach upsets despite taking all the precautions but no problems here at all . All the local people we met were very helpful and friendly including the staff in the hotel.
Didn't realise on arrival that hotel has a mini- bus so got airport taxi but used hotel transport on the way back as it was more reasonable.
We really enjoyed our stay at this hotel and would go back.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank CarMar0713
Also consider these accommodations in or near Koukounaries
Skiathos Palace Hotel
#2 of 84 in Skiathos
Magic Hotel
Magic Hotel
#3 of 6 in Agia Paraskevi

Been to Mandraki Village Boutique Hotel? Share your experiences!