Skiathos Palace Hotel
Panorama Hotel(Koukounaries)
Muses Hotel(Koukounaries)
  • Breakfast included
1,166 results
All reviewsmaratha beachsea viewwhite view restaurantkoukounaries baysuperior roomshuttle busrooftop restaurantno liftprivate beachmain restaurantfantastic viewspool areahalf boardmodern roomsa la carte restaurantlarge hotelstar view
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 28, 2014

We visited the Palace Hotel twice, once staying for several days on the property and once visiting the restaurant from an anchored sail boat. The first stay was our honeymoon trip a number of years ago. It was arranged by a travel agent, long gone, I am afraid, in NYC who worked with a bottle of refreshment in her desk.

The place was superb and Koukanaries beach overwhelming. Just what a Greek island should be. Lovely restaurant at pool side where it was fun to dress up,

The second trip, from the boat, was for dinner only with a group of Brits some of whom juped into that swimming pool. No one complained!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 23, 2014

Just returned from a glorious week at the Skiathos Palace. This hotel is set in a stunning position, we had a superior room overlooking the Koukounaries beach surrounded by pines which enabled us to enjoy breathtaking memorable views. The service at the hotel is excellent; helpful reception staff who will organise taxis, trips, room service etc, the waiters (who were amongst the smartest I have seen - shirt, tie, black trousers) work extremely hard to accommodate a large number of holidaymakers at breakfast, and the maids clean the rooms everyday to a very high standard. It has to be said that Tom, the hotel concierge is an added bonus. He greeted us in a professional friendly manner on arrival and then whenever he saw us, chatted, checked everything was ok, gave useful tips and advice etc. It was notable that he gave time and was absolutely committed to all the guests in this way to ensure they had an enjoyable stay. This was particularly helpful to us as Thomas Cook do not provide a rep at this hotel. The pool area is beautiful and we enjoyed having snacks for lunch at the bar. There is a variety of food on offer at breakfast and we did eat at the barbecue and white view restaurant, however the quality could be improved upon - hence four stars rather than five.The hotel provide a towel service at both the pool and beach which is very useful - the Maratha beach is peaceful, small and select, and again staff from the hotel provide a super level of service; food, drinks, towels, raking/collecting litter etc. Thank you to everyone at the hotel, we will definitely be booking again.

Room Tip: Superior room with a sea view overlooking Koukounaries beach
  • Stayed: August 2014, traveled with family
5  Thank Dave S
Reviewed August 22, 2014 via mobile

The hotel has 4 stars. There are rooms that are too old and especially suites. I wouldn't go there again. It doesn't worth it and is expensive...............................................................................

Stayed: August 2014, traveled with family
4  Thank TheoPStylianou
Reviewed August 19, 2014

The Skiathos Palace hotel was a lovely hotel to stay at, with stunning views of the Koukanaries beach and was situated at bust stop 22. For those of you who haven't been to Skiathos before the main form of transport is the local buses. The main bus stop in Skiathos town is 0 and the last bus stop in Koukanaries is number 26, in peak season the buses run every 15 minutes and from one end of the island to the other it is roughly 20-30 minutes. This gives you a bit of an idea where abouts the Skiathos palace is on the bus route.

This hotel couldn't be in a better location, the views and surrounding area are stunning. You are a short walk from Koukanaries beach and Maratha beach (the beach attached to the hotel) and there is a nature reserve alongside Koukanaries beach which takes you to the local super market and taverna's which was very handy, and quicker than walking the road way. If I was to go back to Skiathos again I would do the same and definitely stay in Koukanaries rather than Skiathos town, everything is so accessible by the buses there is no need to stay in the town and the journey is only 20 minutes.

During our stay at the Skiathos palace we only paid for bed and breakfast. They had a lovely selection every morning from 7:30-10:30am. Although it was the same every day there was lots too choose from, including; traditional Greek pies and pastries, Greek yoghurt and fruit, full English breakfast, breads, jams and omelettes (all buffet style). One thing we would definitely recommend is the white roof top terrace in the hotel. You have to book this on the day and it overlooks stunning views of the beaches and surrounding area. I am a vegetarian and found that both at the hotel and everywhere we ate couldn't do enough for you, there was always something for me to eat. Even if I didn't want something off the main menu, they were happy for me to pick a few starters and have them as my main meal.

All the staff at Skiathos Palace are very friendly and always willing to help you. The concierge, Tom, was wonderful and helped us with anything and everything that he could. We got on with certain members of the bar staff more than others, but they were all pleasant enough. One of the only down sides to this hotel was that there are 96 steps in order to access the main entrance, the only other way up is the ramp, however we found the steps easier to climb. For us this was a very minor set back as the views from this hotel were well worth the climb, however if you are not confident/steady on your feet it would be a problem. However they do offer a free of charge hotel shuttle bus service at specific times of the day but you have to book on these fairly early as they get booked up quickly. The hotel also runs a shuttle bus to Koukanaries beach which has a very kind driver who gave us a lift many of times from the super market if he saw us walking.

Overall this was a great hotel that I would stay at again and the staff here made our holiday very relaxing and ensured that we had a fantastic time.

Room Tip: Definitely pay for sea view room as the views are breath-taking and well worth the extra cost. The higher the room the better the view.
  • Stayed: August 2014, traveled as a couple
6  Thank 612england
Reviewed August 17, 2014

I stayed at the Palace in the last week of June 2014 having been there on a family holiday 18 years ago. My room was very clean, though was in of refurbishment. I had a lovely sea view and easy access to Maratha Beach which has a taverna run by the hotel. I was surprised that this was a 'hotel beach' but guests still had to okay for sun beds. Just a comment, not a big deal. Tom the English concierge and the Greek bell boy were very friendly, they always made a point of asking about my day. As a female travelling alone I found the waiting staff, both at breakfast and the pool bar very unfriendly to the point that I preferred not to use the bar. This didn't spoil a wonderful week on my favourite island.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled solo