We've just got back from Skiathos, where we stayed at Magda in Koukounaries. This is the cleanest, friendliness place we've stayed in on Skiathos, and that's saying a lot, because none of the others we've ever stayed in have been below happily acceptable. We chose Koukounaries as we like Mandraki Elias beach, and Magda wasn't a specific choice, but I will certainly chose it again. It is quite small, there is a lovely pool, the facilities are always clean, any faults are fixed straight away, and it is a short walk to the bars, shops and tavernas. The busy beaches are about 10 - 15 min walk, and the quiet ones about 20 mins through the pine forest on an easy to follow dirt track which has areas of soft sand which can make walking awkward but not impossible. I really would struggle for something negative to say about Magda, if I was being super critical, I would like to see free air conditioning, because it gets very little breeze in it's location, and like anywhere else in any of the Greek Islands the air conditioning isn't in my opinion particularly cheap, but we lived through the hot nights to survive and experience another fantastic holiday on Skiathos, and for fear of repeating myself Magda will be a first choice for us.....Oh just remembered this is the first apartment in Skiathos that we could have actually self catered, it had a proper cooker, a proper kettle, a toaster, and a well stocked cupboard of dishes, glasses, utensils. Beds are like any other firm, the extra bed otherwise known as a pull out sofa creaks, and the apartments whilst quite large, are a bit of a stange design shape....all of that is like any other Greek apartment, the owners and staff are what make the difference, and I can't fault them....I think the owners son's name is Kosta and we would just like to say Hi because we said we would....I promised I'd do you a review hope you like it?
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The 16 units in total are built on a large private land amongst pine and olive groves with private parking area. There is a large swimming pool, a smaller kids’ pool (both constructed according to strict European Union safety standards) and a sun terrace, which comes with plenty of sun beds and umbrellas. Spread out from the pool area to the edge of the forest are some beautiful gardens, which are cared for by the owners of this lovely complex. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA and Evoline ltd so you can book your Magda Apartments reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Magda Apartments Hotel Koukounaries
- Magda Apartments Skiathos/Koukounaries