1,877 results
All reviews a la carte restaurant corfu town kontokali bay resort bay view room private beach half board indoor pool beach bar breakfast and dinner five star hotel wonderful hotel water sports bed and breakfast basis great facilities sandy beaches at lunchtime sea water
Reviewed September 16, 2015

Yassou,

Myself my partner and our friends visited Corfu last week and decided to stay at Kontonkail Bay Resort and Spa. Reading reviews on here our expectations were very high.

The resort is beautiful, the pool are and beach are stunning.

Upon arrival we we're shown to our room, it was a garden view bungalow and the view was quite literally a garden, we couldn't see anything apart from a tree and bush as the location of the room was tucked right into the corner of the complex. Our balcony was very dark and we didn't end up spending any time there as our friends room next door had a much nicer view.

The room was very clean and modern. The sliding door to the balcony didn't lock but was repaired quite quickly after we raised the issue. The mini-bar in the room had not been restocked and had open and half drunk miniatures inside it. I informed the front desk but this remained the same for the duration of our stay.

The first night we ate at the Horizons restaurant and this is where we felt really disappointed. The food cost €24 per person for a buffet meal not including drinks, we found this price to be extremely expensive for the quality of food. If we had been half board it probably wouldn't have been too bad but as we we're paying it was terrible. We didn't eat at the resort again for the rest of the week and instead found much better food and service at a more reasonable price in the local towns.

After the first night we found our room was next to a staff room which was very noisy in the mornings if you wanted to have a little lay in.

Wi-fi in the room was intermittent at best, informed the reception and it did start to work but stopped again a day or so later.

Overall the resort is very nice but based on our person experience we felt it wasn't as good as it could or should have been.

Good but not brilliant for bed and breakfast.

Beautiful island and overall a great holiday.

Efkharisto

• Stayed: September 2015, traveled with friends
Alex M, General Manager at Kontokali Bay Resort and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded September 16, 2015

“Dear Peter H,
Kalimera!!
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience on your recent holiday with us on TripAdvisor.
Guest satisfaction is our primary concern and I am sorry to learn that some aspects of our resort did not meet with your expectations. We welcome well intentioned observation / criticism as it helps us monitor the level of service we provide.
I can assure you your comments will be taken into serious consideration as we enhance our products and services for our guests’ future comfort and convenience.
I do hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to Kontokali Bay Resort and Spa in person at some point in the future and to restore your faith in the hotel and us.”

Reviewed September 15, 2015

Kontokali Bay Hotel is a fantastic destination for a perfect relaxing holiday -
excellent cuisine catering for all tastes in a tranquil location. Certainly a luxury hotel with very high standards throughout and a courtesy bus runs into Corfu town each day.. There are two boat trips well worth taking during your stay in Kontokali. Both trips run from the small pier by the Gouvia Beach. Your Captain of the boat is Captain Spiros, a very jovial and friendly man who cannot do enough for you on the two trips.

• Stayed: May 2015, traveled with friends
1  Thank Sapele

“Dear Sapele,
Kalimera!!
Thank you for choosing to spend your holiday in our resort. We feel honored when guests take the time to commend and praise the services received in our property.
We trust you will be back for more pleasant holidays at Kontokali Bay resort and Spa (KBH).”

Reviewed September 15, 2015

On leaving this hotel recently I displaced my glasses and, without really expecting a reply, emailed the hotel. To my surprise I received confirmation almost immediately. The hotel organised my courier payment and I received the glasses inside their case two days later.
It's a very busy hotel but attention to detail like this makes it stand out.

Room Tip: Garden rooms come with their own swimming pool
  • Stayed: September 2015, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Shea F
Alex M, General Manager at Kontokali Bay Resort and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded September 15, 2015

“Dear Shea F,
Kalimera!!
Thank you for taking the time to post your lovely review. Exceeding guests’ expectation and paying attention to detail is in my books the definition of Quality Service and it’s a daily exercise for all of us here at Kontokali Bay Resort and Spa (KBH).
I will pass on your compliments to the Front Office team and look forward to welcoming you back soon."

Reviewed September 13, 2015

I stayed in this hotel last week with my husband. We arrived around noon and our room was ready, which was a nice surprise. We received a bottle of wine and some water as a welcome gift, which was a nice touch. The room was big enough, very clean and had a beautiful sea view. The bathroom also looked new and fresh. The beds were comfortable, which is very important for me. Our room was cleaned every day and to a high standard. There is free wifi in the hotel. It generally worked very good in our room, but by the pool and on the beach, the signal was not that strong.

We ate breakfast and dinner in the hotel every day. The layout of the restaurant was very good. Even if almost every table was taken, it never felt crowded. We weren’t able to eat outside (except if you choose to go a la carte), but we knew that beforehand. The food was good. I personally think dessert and breakfast were not as good as some other buffets I’ve had in similar hotels, but that’s really just down to personal taste. The salad bar and the main courses for dinner were always very good, though. All in all we enjoyed our meals there.

We spent a lot of time around the pool. It never felt crowded and we were always able to find a sun lounger at any given point of the day. On top of that, the view from the pool is amazing! There are a lot of sun loungers on the beach as well, so there’s room for everyone.

Every staff member we spoke to was very polite and friendly. Only the girl that served us our drinks in the restaurant the first night, was incredibly disappointed that we didn’t drink any wine. As soon as we ordered some water, her smile disappeared and you could just tell she wasn’t happy. I guess she worked on commission… Still, we felt uncomfortable because of this. But that was really the only bad thing I can say, it’s clear that the staff in this hotel is generally very well trained in customer service.

We hired a car through our travel agent to explore the island. Corfu is a beautiful place, but you need to be prepared for some chaos if you drive over there. The same can be said about Corfu airport. The organisation is outrageous, I have never seen such chaos. Also, be sure to take some insect repellent when you go to this beautiful island, because we have returned with dozens of mosquito bites…

All in all, Corfu is definitely worth visiting. If we should ever go back, we would not hesitate to stay in this hotel again.

• Stayed: September 2015, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Tamara V

“Dear Tamara V,
Kalimera!!
Thank you for choosing Kontokali Bay Resort & Spa for your holiday and for taking the time to post your comments on TripAdvisor site about your experience with us.
We are always seeking to improve the quality and the overall guest experience of the hotel. Thus, we appreciate all well intentioned comments, suggestion and criticism, as it helps us to improve the services in our property.
We are very proud of our personnel and I am surprised to hear that a member of your service team displayed such manner (expression); I will certainly bring to the attention of our Maître d hotel to make sure that such incident won’t re-occur.
We do hope to see you back in the near future and I would ask that you contact me directly when you decide to spend another holiday in Corfu, so that I can personally take care of your reservation.”

Reviewed September 13, 2015 via mobile

We looked forward to our holiday and for the most part enjoyed it a lot
Kontokali bay resort is a lovely hotel the grounds are really beautiful
We where lucky with our choice of room having a booked sea view it was great to be able to sit and enjoy perfect scenery from our verandah
All the staff where very friendly and helpful
Breakfast was always good plenty of dishes to choose from
Any evening meals where however only average food sometimes lukewarm, saying that there was plenty of choice of food in surrounding areas in other restaurants
The kontokali is a five star hotel, however I feel there are several things they could do to just bring the hotel up a grade for example the cleaning in our room was average easy to see on mirrors showers how tall the cleaner was
On the television there could be a better choice of English speaking channels especially as we had several days of bad weather
The only time you can get room service is for breakfast? I've never experienced this before in a five star hotel, an evening turn down service would also be a nice touch
As I said at the start we did enjoy our hotel but both felt it lacked some of a five star experience there are lots of positives but some negatives to.

Stayed: September 2015, traveled with family
1  Thank Lesley B
Alex M, General Manager at Kontokali Bay Resort and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded September 14, 2015

“Dear Lesley B,
Kalimera!!
Thank you for this positive review and your comments of how we can take Kontokali Bay Resort and Spa even higher.
I am most grateful for your feedback, which is such a valuable source of information for us, regardless of whether it is good or bad, and helps us monitor the service we provide.
Your comments will be taken into consideration and action and it was brought to the attention of the head of the relevant departments. By the way, we have six (6) English TV channels and we need to balance the number of it with guests from other nationalities.
We appreciate the feedback and will use it to fine tune our operations in the hope that upon your next holiday to Corfu, we can exceed your expectations.”