We booked this hotel fairly last minute and were definitely not disappointed. I had written to the hotel prior to arrival to ask if they would be able to provide us with a quiet room. The last 18 months had been quite difficult for my husband and myself and we really just needed to be able to just totally relax. From the moment that we arrived at the hotel, the service was excellent. We were helped to our room with our bags and we were totally surprised at having been upgraded to a junior suite which included our own pool. We were totally shocked and absolutely thrilled at this and it made the holiday even more special. It made it so much easier for us to be near facilities whilst being able to enjoy the sunshine and the view.
We stayed on a bed and breakfast basis and I have to say that the breakfast was a feast to behold. Anything and everything was provided, there was something for everyone no matter which country you originated from. We had one evening meal in the hotel and again the food was outstanding. We have been to Greece many times and enjoy trying all the different tavernas. There are a few immediately in Kontokali such as Harry's and Zorbas'. Also the marina at Gouvia has a few nice taverna's too and you can watch the sun going down whilst being in awe of the beautiful boats and yachts moored there, all of which are a short walk away. If you prefer to venture further afield to Corfu you can do so either by taxi (17 Euros) which the hotel can arrange for you or catch the blue number 7 bus at the bottom of the lane across the busy main road (2 Euros), tickets can be purchased from the mini market at the bottom of the lane.
The hotel offers spa treatments and we took advantage of a special offer whilst there, also very good. The facilities are excellent with everything you need such as a gym, indoor pool, saunas, steam room all of which were excellent. There is also a tennis court. Boats can be hired and plenty other water sports on offer.
Plenty of sunbeds on the beach and also a beach drinks service.
The hotel is exceptionally clean and the service is fantastic.
A huge thank you to all the staff for providing us with an exceptional experience of Corfu.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- KONTOKALI BAY RESORT & SPA is a Hotel-Bungalow complex on the central eastern shoreline of the emerald Isle of Corfu, situated only 6 kms. from the island’s capital, Corfu Town. Built on a densely wooded peninsula and on a natural incline, the main building of the Kontokali Bay overlooks both the sparkling blue waters of the Ionian Sea that separates Corfu from the taupe, coastal mountains of the Greek mainland and the Gouvia Marina. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Prestigia, Hotels.com, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and Evoline ltd so you can book your Kontokali Bay Resort and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kontokali Bay Hotel Kontokali
- Kontokali Bay Hotel Corfu
- Kontokali Bay Resort And Spa Corfu