We recently spent 11 nights at the hotel and had a thoroughly enjoyable and relaxing trip.
The setting is absolutely stunning, with 2 private beaches overlooking the bay towards Corfu Town. Whilst there are always a few selfish people who put out towels on sunbeds at the crack of dawn, there really is no need as there are always plenty available, with space available on the beaches by the pool, in the gardens and on decking over the sea.
The only real disappointment was the room. We were in the main block, the garden rooms may be different, and although the bedroom area was fine, the bathroom let the accomodation down. The shower was underpowered and the fittings were looking rather jaded. In addition the sink plug didn't do its job very well meaning that in order to have a shave, the hot tap had to be kept on to keep the water level up.
Breakfast was fine, I've had worse but I've also had better, though the fresh fruit, yoghurt and honey were marvellous.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- KONTOKALI BAY RESORT & SPA is a Hotel-Bungalow complex on the central eastern shoreline of the emerald Isle of Corfu, situated only 6 kms. from the island’s capital, Corfu Town. Built on a densely wooded peninsula and on a natural incline, the main building of the Kontokali Bay overlooks both the sparkling blue waters of the Ionian Sea that separates Corfu from the taupe, coastal mountains of the Greek mainland and the Gouvia Marina. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotwire, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Prestigia, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and Evoline ltd so you can book your Kontokali Bay Resort and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kontokali Bay Hotel Kontokali
- Kontokali Bay Hotel Corfu
- Kontokali Bay Resort And Spa Corfu