“Great service and good food”

Telesilla poolside Restaurant
Ranked #1 of 16 Restaurants in Kontokali
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: In the evenings, the poolside area turns into an outdoor restaurant and a cocktail bar, which stay open from 18:00 until late. Both of them are extremely popular attracting tourists as well as locals from different parts of the island. The restaurant offers a variety of Corfiot and other Greek favourites together with international dishes and is well known for the exceptional quality of its homemade food & wine as well as its attractive prices. Telesilla nights are memorable not only for the welcoming atmosphere and the fine food, but also for their great fun and entertainment. We host live performances, free for all our guests and visitors, and music is at the heart of these events. We have live shows put on at least 3 times each week, with acts ranging from joyous and exuberant traditional Greek songs and dances (Saturday nights) to Elvis style rock ‘n’ roll (on Thursdays), and from easy listening & jazzy melodies to highly energetic dance grooves (Tuesday’s show). All the action takes place in our cosy pool area from 21:00 to 23:00, approximately. Yet, after this, the party is not over. The music keeps playing and the cocktail bar is there, ready to take you to the moon! Our barman has even attended seminars on cocktail recipes and preparation methods to ensure that he can offer our guests some of the best flavours and tastes Each and every day, Spiros and Makis Filippas will go to the local market to select fresh, pure and healthy meat, fruit, vegetables and all the other ingredients needed so that our chefs can come up with an abundance of culinary delights. We never opt for ready made products of any kind or settle for goods of low quality. We see the restaurant as an extension of our home and our guests as valued members of our extended family, the Telesilla family. Our chefs and kitchen staff prepare and cook all dishes in exactly the same way as they do at home for their close relatives. For the same reason, our portions enjoy a reputation of being both generous and good value. We also produce our own wine and, every year, any guest who wishes to participate is welcome to do so! At the poolside area, we organise a jolly “wine making fiesta”, a convivial event with much celebration! We take great pride and satisfaction in the happiness of our guests. Their smiling faces and feelings of contentment are Telessila’s principal aims and the basis on which we measure our success.
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Although the prices are slightly higher than those in nearby restaurants, it is definitely worth paying the extra for the ambiance and the fantastic food. Compared to the service elsewhere, the staff at the Telesilla are friendly and welcoming. We did not feel rushed and were given a complementary glass of ouzo with our meal as well. The food was absolutely delicious to boot!

Date of visit: September 2019
Write a reviewReviews (373)

Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

We ate here every night of our stay. Good “home cooked” food. Staff will try and accommodate your preferences.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

If you want to spend 30% more than at their neighbour Zorba and get an artificial atmosphere this is the place.
We were tempted to step inside by a Greek song heard from the street and promptly have been welcomed by a courteous guy. We told him we seek for Greek atmosphere and traditional food and he ensured us this was the right place. At our request he promised he would play Theodorakis and Hadjidakis that he also likes very much.
We sat down and saw around us only tourists and a menu much more expensive we were used to in Kontokali.
We ordered a grilled Seabream and lamb chops. Our over lovely host ensured me the chops were soft and fresh (I told him I had already elsewhere and it was not soft) .He recommended me a lamb dish from the oven (he knew why). I was in the mood of grill so I have ordered the chops. He played one Greek song and switched back to pale World music, that seemed more suitable for the other tourists who preferred to feel at home in Greece.
After we had a starter (marinated anchovy=nothing special, we had much better) with bread (simple) we got our main dishes. The lamb chops were not soft and I can hardly believe they were of fresh origin. It was not a quality stuff anyway. I had enough in my life to see that. The fish was usual and both portions had little additions.
We left rather disappointed: no Greek atmosphere, rather superficial and regular food.
Before we left our host disappeared, he preferred not to hear my comments about his lamb chops.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

I absolutely loved this restaurant and would have gone every night if my husband had allowed it!!! We went twice, once for a relaxing meal and once for the Motown night. The staff greet you like an old friend and make you so welcome. It’s a second generation family business and the owner runs around all night making sure everyone is happy. The food is nothing fancy but it’s delicious and very well priced. Tables are arranged around the pool which is lit at night and the whole place oozes charm. Do not hesitate - you will love it!

Reviewed 5 weeks ago via mobile

My wife and I have walked past the Telecilla on many an occasion but we decided to book a nice table and give it a go.

We arrived on a Monday evening and this hotel restaurant was heaving. I could not see an empty table. There was a reason for that. More on this in a moment.

The menu is rather interesting with several dishes we have never heard of before. We decided to go with local Greek dishes. We were not dissapointed. My wife had the Saganaki and I had the spicy sausage for starters. We went with the same main meal of chicken wrapped in bacon with local potatoes. It was all simply fantastic. Great portions too.

Yes, this restaurant is a bit more expensive than any other restaurant we have tried in this area, but you simply get what you pay for.

The service was absolutely perfect and a sense of humour shown by staff certainly added to our overall experience. What a great bunch of waiters.

We will be back.

My wife and I have travelled extensively throughout Greece and many of it's islands over 27 years. This is easily the best Greek restaurant we have been in. It is as simple as that.