“Yes Yes Yes !!!!!!”

Mareblue Beach Resort
Reviewed August 12, 2014

Just got back this morning from a 10 day break at this resort. If you wish to chill, relax away from the crowds then this is the resort for you. Very clean, food choice fantastic and the Animation Team were fantastic. Plenty to do on site but you will be out , away from the clubs so factor this in. Really recommend it and would go again.

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Stephen C
Write a ReviewReviews (2,244)

Reviewed August 10, 2014

Beautiful setting in one of the quietest parts of Corfu, unspoilt beaches quiet surroundings situated next to the sea. Although the all inclusive price is expensive the premium for the location is worth every penny. Takes about an 90 minutes on coach from airport if you can afford is take the taxi option around 60 euros each way

Our rooms were basic but then I don't really want to do anything but sleep in my room...I do understand there are better quality refurbished rooms which im pretty sure you could request in advance seems like luck of the draw, the area is beautifully themed with James Bond naming conventions.

The staff work exceptionally hard they are polite and will help you with anything you ask, the inference in reviews there is a bias towards eastern Europeans is utter rubbish...This is a cosmopolitan hotel Poles, Germans, Russians, Belgium etc...we too arrived after 11:00PM our cases were taken to the room I do agree they could improve on the service for late flights, the local shop just outside the front gates stays open until 11:30pm-12:00am.

The entertainment team is a hilarious bunch of misfits who will keep you amused with games and chat they work only around the main pool, the Adult only pool is one of the quietest tranquil settings you could wish for. Evening entertainment is average but they work hard and they do there best think Butlins rather than amateur dramatics.

Things I didn't like, WIFI at 35 euros per week per device is poor they need to address this, there are 3 bars a stones throw and the shop that will give you free wifi so didn't prove too much of an issue.

Fitness lovers....take trail shoes for running beautiful off road countryside, the gym is basic but has enough kit for weight training.

No regrets....Book this hotel if your going to Corfu

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled with family
9  Thank 881Tony
Reviewed August 9, 2014

Not long returned from a 10 night stay here. We had a very good holiday in general but would like to point out a few things. The room we stayed in was very basic which was ok but was not impressed with the bathroom. There was mould all round the bath and grout in the tiles was filthy and in general was very old in defiant need of updating also would like to mention the shower was halfway down the wall so was very difficult to have a proper shower. Would like to point out that halfway through the holiday the bed my son slept in collapsed and although the maids came and cleaned everyday apart from Sundays our bed sheets were never changed until I mentioned it to reception. The hotel overall was clean and grounds were kept tidy apart from the toilets which was a big problem esp the ones by the pool area. They were quite dirty which in all fairness as they were frequently used all day but they were also the closest toilets for the evening entertainment which is not good when they haven't been cleaned all day. The food was excellent and cannot complain they had plenty of choice and was very fresh however it was very disorganised in the dining area esp on the evening .The a la carte is worth going to you get a free vist, food was excellent . Most the staff were friendly however some were very miserable looking which I suppose can be understandable working long hours and having to put up with some very rude guests which we came across on holiday . The pools excellent and had lots of things going on also another quiet pool for adults only was great if you just want to chill. There are 2 beaches to the back of the hotel one quite small which was our favourite to the right and a short walk to the left was the other .The eventing entertainment wasn't the best we enjoyed the greek night but be warned if you are staying for 2 weeks the same entertainment is repeated each week. Also I wasn't keen that it was outside by the pool area. Mosquitoes are a very big problem here I was bitten lots in fact I had about 100 bites so be warned. We went on a few trips while here which we booked through a small car hire/ trips shop called drive Corfu which was located out the front of the hotel down the drive and to the left worth checking out as the trips were much cheaper than through Thompson. Aqualand was about hour and half drive but great day out. We also went to Corfu by boat on the evening which was great but didn't have long enough to explore as had to be back to the boat after 3 and half hours. Our final trip was the east coast by boat was by far the best. We stopped off at several locations to dive in off the boat which was great fun. On our last day we were given a shower room to freshen up before departure and due to the handle being broken on the inside which we didn't know about until me and my 2 children we inside and had shut the door, we got trapped inside for at least half an hour until a man came to our rescue through us banging on the door. I told receiption but they were not very concerned or apologetic. overall we did have a great holiday but apart from the food I wouldn't in my option rate this as a 4 star plus hotel

5  Thank gemma h
Reviewed August 6, 2014

We was travelling as a family of 6 with 2 children. The coach transfer from the airport was very scary. It didn't help that the driver only had 1 hand on the wheel for most of the journey, the other holding his mobile to his ear! The Jet2 rep said it would only take 50 mins to arrive at the hotel, but it took 2 hours. They know exactly how long it takes, so why lie? The transfer from the hotel to the airport was even worse. Even though it was 6pm it was still 30 degrees outside, but the driver did not put the air conditioning on. It was an horrendous journey to the airport. My 7 year old son was drained and exhausted because of the heat on the coach by the time we arrived at the airport. Totally unacceptable. The staff at the airport were just as incompetent.
We arrived at about 11:30pm and were informed that the All Inclusive had ended, so we couldn't have anything to eat unless we paid for it. All we was offered was 1 free drink. We was travelling with kids but that didn't seem to matter to them. Any decent 4* hotel would have had refreshments for late arrivals. Every other hotel I have been to does. We had to drag our luggage down 3 flights of stairs to our rooms. As well as travelling as a family with 2 kids we were also travelling with my elderly parents, who are in their 70's. They offered no assistance what so ever. We later saw that other nationalities i.e. Polish, Romanian gypsies and Albanians had their luggage taken to and from their rooms for them in a truck. We saw this a lot during our stay, that they seemed to give preferential treatment to Eastern European nationalities and were very unhelpful and ignorant to the English. I will mention some more about this further on!
Not cleaned properly. Floors not moped or brushed. Surfaces not clean either. Cobwebs everywhere. Very small rooms, supposedly for 3, but only 2 chairs on the balcony! 1 double bed and a settee that doesn't fold out. My daughter is 13, so they classed her as an adult. We had to pay adult price for her, so basically our room was supposedly for 3 adults. No way! We complained, but was told that we would have to pay an extra 300 euros to move room. Absolute rip off. Nobody should be put in rooms as bad as that in a supposedly 4* hotel!
Food was nice but very repetitive. Pasta,pork or fish basically. Not a lot of choice for children or adults. The kids station most days only had pasta. If you wanted pizza, it was only served at the pool bar at lunch. Never served in the dining room. There are queues for the food, unless you are one of the ignorant Eastern Europeans who just pushed in! Staff scraping food into bins while you are trying to eat is not very nice either. You can get hot dogs and toasties from the pool bar as well in the afternoon, which the kids liked. Breakfast choice was ok. I've had a lot better. They put a pot of tea or coffee on your table at breakfast. Didn't try the tea but the coffee was yuk! Breakfast is supposed to be served till 10:30 am, but everything was cleared away at 10:00am, even the continental breakfast section. So you need to get up early to make sure you don't miss it! Not what you want to be doing when you are on holiday! Drinks seem to watered down, but the red + white wines are quite nice. The All Inclusive ends at 11pm, the only hotel I have been to that finishes so early. They are suppose to have a Greek, Italian + Asian night in the dining room, but during our stay, they only had the Asian night.
Staff in the dining room were quite friendly, but the reception and pool bar staff were very unhelpful and ignorant, especially if you were English. Even ignoring and walking away from children when trying to get a drink or ice cream. I witnessed this on many occasions with other guests as well. They made their own rules up as they went along and lied repeatedly. They lied about being able to keep your own room on the day of your departure. They kept saying we couldn't, then we could, then they said it would be 40 euros, then 30 euros for other guests with the same type of room. When we complained about other nationalities having their luggage taken to and from their rooms, they lied again saying that they offered us the service on arrival, which they obviously didn't. Why would we turn it down ? So we could drag our own cases up and down 3 flights of stairs! I think not! I can definitely understand why not many English decide to stay at this hotel. We will definitely not be returning and I know that all the people we spoke to won't be either.
Wi Fi:
Wi-Fi is a rip off. 3 euros for an hour and you can only use it for 1 device, also you can't use it in your room.
A lot of the same thing everyday. Same songs everyday! They have a disco night but you have to pay 10 euros to get in!

The views
The small beach and bars, when you come out of the hotel and turn right
Air con in rooms
Scuba Diving tutor was very friendly
Staff in dining room friendly

Too many to mention! This hotel is a rip off and definitely not a 4*. Calling it a 3*, I think,would still be flattering it. Without the British tourists, this hotel will not survive! Guaranteed!

5  Thank micatrey
Reviewed August 4, 2014

They charge us 35eur for the Internet but there was not any wifi signal in the room. I believe their Internet policy is unacceptable.

They don't clean the rooms every Sunday.

They organise noisy events every day with Greek music and sirtaki dancing.

• Stayed: July 2014
2  Thank Nalexand
Reviewed August 4, 2014

Just back from the Mare Blue in Corfu. As always I am going to be as brief and has honest as possible though I do appreciate not everyone likes the same things in the same way.
Transfer: The brochure stated 1 hour 15 but this took over 2 hours both ways because of drop offs and pick-ups.
Accommodation: The complex is situated right at the top of the island is quire isolated but has stunning views across to Albania. There are 2 pools the main one overlooking the sea which can be extremely busy. Plenty sunbeds to go around but not enough space to accommodate them all. I suggest if you want a certain spot get up around 7am then pop back to bed. There is a relax pool up near reception that is lovely and quiet but please note. NO children are allowed in this pool and they will be asked to leave on a daily basis. Staff at the hotel were very friendly especially in the resteraunt and on reception. I would especially like to thank Niki for sorting us a little extra time in our room on departure day. The worst part was the number of insect bites people were getting down by the pool area both during the days and evenings regardless of the hotel providing an insect repellant in certain parts of the hotel. I myself was biten in excess of 40 times. Please ensure that you use sun lotion with ant insect repellant and do not use aftershave perfume as this attracts them. The locals advise lavendar to keep the insects away !!! You had to pay for wi fi which was dissapointing .
Food: Some of the best all inclusive food I have had and how people can complain is beyond me. So much choice and always well presented. The all-inclusive ends at 11pm
Rooms. Quite small to be honest but good air conditioning and we were fortunate to have a room with a flat screen tv which allowed us to attach our mobile through the hdmi to watch movies etc. We did pay extra for a sea view which was somewhat of a joke as we could only see the see through the corner of our eyes. Only the front buildings had a proper sea view so save your money.
Weather: To be honest a little disappointing, we went for 9 days and for the 3 of the days it was thunder lightening and heavy downpours. The other days however were lovely and in excess of 38 degrees.
Would I go Back: Because of the transfer and insects NO

Room Tip: Only the front 2 buildings are proper sea view so dont pay extra unless you can guarantee these.