“Mareblue dont do”

Mareblue Beach Resort
Reviewed June 7, 2013

The rooms are clean, the location is nice BUT:

1. Please make sure you know where the nearest DR is located, the food is what i call Ping food, which is not for me. The scrambled eggs are fake full of powder there is no fresh fruits. I choose not to eat this prison food.

2. The all inclusive does not include coffee water soap etc.

3. The place is full of rude arrogant people, do you self a favor and stay with local people. I will never book an all Inclusive again.

But I love Corfu.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
7  Thank Kerry P
There are newer reviews for Mareblue Beach Resort

Reviewed June 7, 2013

Just back and unfortunately disappointed.Corfu is lovely and to be fair the setting is beautiful, but very quiet if you want to go anywhere outside the hotel. The chill pool which is kid free is great. Cant comment on entertainment as after night one we were so badly bitten we couldnt face going anymore as it was outdoors. Food was ok , what you would expect , lots of flies around food though. Overall didnt feel the hotel made any attemp to deal with the insect problem, no insector in dining room and not a single citronella candle or anything else to keep mozzies away, everyone we met had spent a fortune buying their own without much success. Room was only cleaned once in a week and one change of sheets and towels.So not a 4 star for me im afraid. If you do go , please go out the bottom gate and turn right, about 100 yards away you will find a small beach and the pyramid bar. Sit there and have a coffee or a beer, youll have to pay but believe me its much better than whata you get at the hotel and its beautiful

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank andy j
Reviewed June 6, 2013

I stayed in this beautiful resort last week with my daughter and grandaughter and what a treat! I had read some bad reviews before I went and was quite anxious, but quite unnecessarily so. The hotel was the last drop off point from the airport and looked by far the best, including Nissaki beach! The views across the bay towards Albania were beautiful from our room on the 1st floor. All the rooms we found were spotlessly clean and all the staff were so helpful, polite and never stopped. The manager was always around to keep an eye on everything and we didn't have any problems. The food was quite varied and of good quality. MY fussy grandaughter (9 years of age) always managed to find something to eat in the pool bar or the restaurant. The animation team worked their socks off to ensure everyone had a great holiday and was included if they wanted to be. They worked hard to entertain the children and adults alike and were a very talented threesome.
Kassiopi and Acharavi are well worth a visit on the shuttle bus, although I prefer the former. The Pyramid restaurant down in the bay is also absolutely excellent if you fancy a change one evening.
I agree with the comment that the towels did not get changed all week, but we managed and maid service was everyday except Sunday. Mosquitos you get everywhere in this part of the world I'm afraid - just use jungle repellant in the evening & you won't have a problem - I only got 1 bite. Our only slight gripe was that the mattresses were rock hard, but I've had this before elsewhere in Corfu - must be a local thing.

All in all a fabulous holiday! I would have no hesitation whatsoever in recommending this hotel to everyone and would love to go back again. Thank you Mareblue!

Room Tip: Any room facing the sea from 1st floor upwards so you get a view.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Anne G
Reviewed June 6, 2013

After around an hour and a half bus journey from the airport (which wasn't as bad as it sounds) we arrive at the Mareblue Beach Resort and we were amazed at how nice it looked and that was just from the outside!! We arrived late at night and there was a few others who had also arrived, we were given a free drink as it was after 11 oclock, unfortunatly there was no food avaliable apart from 'toasties' at the reception bar.

ROOM

We were given directions to our room which was in block 'Goldfinger' - all blocks were James Bond themed. The rooms were good apart from it was 2 single beds we had not double, there was no plug for the bath and the shower holder was at waist height. However, there was alot of space to store items, a fridge for water (which you could buy at the minimart in the hotel - 6 1.5 litres bottles for €1.50), a tv, hairdryer, mirror and a sofa bed. There was also a safe which we didnt use so I don't know how much it costs to use.

POOL

The poolside was lovely, the water was absoulutly freezing which made it even funner pushing someone in!!! There was a snack bar there aswell which was nice. If you buy something for beside the pool - TAKE IT AWAY WITH YOU IF YOU LEAVE!! We bought a ball and a lilo which both went missing when we went for lunch at the main building, they couldn't have blown away as the lilo was fully underneath the sunbed and the ball was wedged inbetween the sunbed and table.

FOOD

Breakfast 07.00 - 09.30
Lunch 12.30 - 14.30
Snacks 16.30 - Food was gone
Dinner - 19.00 - 21.30

The food was lovely, the breakfast is repetitave but there is only so much you can have for breakfast so ignore people who have bad-mouthed this. Lunch and dinner each night was different most nights, burgers, veal, fish, pasta etc. I am not a person to eat fancy foods or anything and like basic food and I was able to find something each night.

There was a snack bar which served the same thing every day which was mini hotdogs in pastry, pizza, pasta and another pastry with cheese in it. At half past 4 there was toasties and hot dogs.

TIP - ask for the yellow lemonade, I got the lemonade from the reception bar and it was like syrup but when I went down to the pool bar I got lemonade and it was the yellow cloudy one which was perfect :) I also recommned the non-alcoholic cinderella cocktail and vodka, gin fizz and the tequilla sunrise!

STAFF

Most staff were friendly apart from a few who would not even acknowledge you were at the bar. There was one recepitionist who was extremely helpful about getting another room as we were to check out at 10am and were getting picked up at 7pm, unfortunatly the next again morning we were met with someone who obviously could not be bothered that day and everything seemed an effort. We asked about another room once we checked out and she said no we couldn't get one, then shouted across to another member of staff who obviously told her that we could get it, she then proceeded to put her hand out and said '40 euro out by 5'. We didn't get the room as we were planning on spending the day at the pool and then going to get ready around 5/5.30 so we explained and told her it was ok. She didn't tell us there was a courtesy room downstairs and we figured this out for ourselves when we went a wander. You only have 30 minutes in the room and there is a hairdryer for anyone that is wondering.

MAID SERVICE

The maids were reasonable although it is a huge resort and ours did not get cleaned until 2ish, no service on a Sunday. A few times we took snacks up to the room and left our plates beside the kettles and they were still there at night and hadn't been taken away. Obviously anywhere is bad for ants so try and clean up as many crumbs as you can and don't spill juice because that is a diaster for us and heaven for ants. Baby wipes and baby nappy sacks aswell.

Overall yes I would return to this hotel it was an amazing holiday, and like I have said not everything can be perfect - nothing is! I am not complaining I am just letting you know the good and bad points of the hotel nothing more. I would recommend this hotel to anyone - 4* :)

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Danielle S
Reviewed June 5, 2013

What can I say...stayed in this hotel recently...found weak drinks, dirty rooms, limited choice of food mainly just variety of cheese and cold meats. Staff particularly unfriendly towards Liverpudlians.

Room Tip: stay at home!
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
8  Thank Stella_Mcartney
Reviewed June 5, 2013

This was our first visit to this hotel in May 2013. We were greeted by very friendly and helpful reception staff who handle the check-in procedure very quickly. The hotel is very well set out, and all areas clean. Our room was in the block M, all blocks are named after Bond characters. We had a beautiful view over looking the sea from our balcony. I would advise people to try and get a room on the 3rd floor as you get the best views from your room. Having said this don't be disappointed as once you leave your room and walk a short distance to the pool bar the view is fabulous. There are fridges in all the rooms with a bottle of water in for your arrival. Plus a kettle and tea and coffee. Hairdryers are fitted in each room and work very well so no need to pack your travel hairdryer.
There are two pool areas, one of the pools is for adults only. I can assure you that there are plenty of sunbeds so no one has to get up early to put out a towel.
The food is good, they do try and accommodate everyone. I would recommend that you book an evening meal at the pool bar. You are permitted to book this once a week, you will receive waiter service a 3 course meal and wine. You have to book this at reception.
All the staff at this hotel are friendly and provide an excellent service.
There was entertainment on every night however we did not get to see any, as we spent our evenings at the bar area near to the reception. I was informed by other guest staying at the hotel that the entertainment was good.
This hotel is certainly a place to relax; there are a couple of bars and restaurants near by along the beach front.
The hotel does provide a daily shuttle bus to neighboring villages at a cost of 5 Euros per person return. I would recommend a visit to Kassioppi it is a beautiful place to visit. The hotel does provide internet access, computers are located in a room next to reception, it will cost you 1 euro for 15 minutes.
My only slight negatives are that the towels in our rooms did not get changed every day and the transfer from the airport took one and half hours. Make sure you have plenty of mosquito repellent as there are a lot of them about during the evening.
We will come back to stay at this relaxing hotel

Room Tip: Take Mosquito Repellent Leave hairdryer at home as one in your room
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
5  Thank Sue C
Reviewed June 4, 2013

With a family including a vegetarian and two teenagers food was always going to be important and Mareblue definitely came up with the goods! Great quality and a selection that changed enough to keep it interesting.
The friendly and efficient restaurant staff, led by George, excelled and always made us feel welcome.
The one bedroomed apartment was spacious (always good with teenagers around) and the pictures are a good representation.
Two very separate pools gave the choice of quiet relaxation or more activity with enough space to find a quiet corner to enough the fantastic views.
The Mareblue made a great base for a wonderful holiday. Many thanks to all the staff - especially George!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Louis Corcyra Beach Hotel
Corfu Mare Boutique Hotel
Corfu Mare Boutique Hotel
#3 of 11 in Corfu Town

Been to Mareblue Beach Resort? Share your experiences!