Fundacion Pacita Batanes Nature Lodge
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
All reviewsmain buildingthe pacific oceanrolling hillsplace to staypastalunch and dinnertwo nightsminimum staywalk insenjoy the viewroom service isvan servicemonths in advancemountain viewspacious terracelocal delicaciesdining place
Reviewed March 1, 2014

We found the rates per night of Fundacion Pacita overpriced, but our friends who have been to Batanes convinced us to stay there.

So we did. We had one of our most unforgettable vacations there because of the place's serenity and beautiful surroundings. We booked the Idawud Room (aka Room #10) which had the perfect views of the mountain and the ocean.

The only downside of this place is its distance from the city and the overpriced food, which ranges from PHP 500 - 700 per meal per head. We were lucky enough to be advised by a colleague who stayed the week before us to pack some food in case we get hungry beyond meal times. The food is not at all fantastic there, but then you stay in Fundacion to appreciate nature, rather than go on a food trip.

Batanes has weak telco signals from Globe and Smart so you have no choice but to unplug and appreciate nature.

Fundacion Pacita is a destination by itself. Artists will enjoy the history and the sample works of Pacita Abad. We will definitely go back here.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 25, 2014

We have heard from lots of friends that Batanes is a very nice place and if you go, there is no other place nicer than Fundacion Pacita and this is a must if you want the best because from your room, it is either sea view or you see the rolling terrain of the mountain. We had Batanes Travel & Tours packaged a tour for our big group last weekend. My family was assigned to room #6, accessible only by going down a flight of stairs, located beside their housekeeping where you can hear them talking, laughing, splashing of water etc., the room itself was stuffy, having a smell like it was not being used regularly and on top of all, there was no sea or mountain view. All we had was a few carabaos like resting on their backyard. With the expensive rate they demand, should Fundacion offer this kind of room??? Service at their resto was too slow. It took almost an hour to serve pre-ordered breakfast and even ran our of eggs.

Room Tip: Make sure you get what you are paying for.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
4  Thank aurora n
Reviewed February 8, 2014

Fundacion Pacita Nature Lodge is nourishment for the senses and the soul. Such beauty, such peace everywhere. Need I say more?

My 3 friends had a room in the main house. Their room had a private balcony with a spectacular view of the ocean and the verdant rolling hills. I stayed at the annex with 2 other friends. The annex had 3 guest rooms that shared a perfectly manicured garden overlooking the ocean. The rooms had first class furnishings and amenities. Artworks of the owner Pacita Abad and other artists abound. Every detail carefully thought out. Blue benches and swings scattered around, perfect for reading a book, sketching, scribbling, chatting or napping.

Its restaurant serves the best food in Batanes I think. The room rates are pricey but worth every penny in my opinion. I would love to come back here again.

Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends
2  Thank OliJac2012
Reviewed February 3, 2014

Batanes reminds me of the California Coast, and Fundacion has the multi million dollar view. Gracious and stunning, I was impressed by this island, he resort and the gracious Victoria Abad Kerblatt. I will be be back!

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled solo
2  Thank Osmundo
Reviewed January 30, 2014

My friends and I had the good fortune to stay here for 2 nights. This is a place where one can enjoy spectacular views from one's window or balcony. Our room for 3 had a balcony where we could look out to the ocean and rolling terrain. We saw locals planting and carabaos (water buffalo) and goats. It was a treat to have this balcony.

Our bathroom was unusual. The shower had a big, smooth rock as the floor while the shower pipes were hidden behind a very tall piece of driftwood. Coral pieces surrounded the rock. It was pretty but I would have preferred standard tiles which can be disinfected well.

The queen and single beds were comfortable. There was a long narrow table with a big mirror over it. Perfect dresser for 3 women. There was a safety deposit box. When we asked that it be opened we were told that it was "only for display." Very odd. But I knew about the honesty of the Ivatans, so I was not worried about the lack of a safe.

Everywhere we turned, we found pretty vases and lots of art. They all added up to make the place very attractive.

The food that we had in Fundacion was the best that we had in Batanes. In particular, we liked the paella made with the local yellow turmeric. Breakfasts were tasty. One has to order meals beforehand. Breakfast must be ordered the night before while lunch or dinner must be ordered about 3 hours before.

We were glad that we decided to stay in the hotel one Sunday just to enjoy the views. It was a good place for friends to spend time together. We were sad when we had to move to another place. Unfortunately, they only had room for us for 2 nights.

It was a very enjoyable experience. My friend is returning in 2 months.

Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends