I have never bothered to write a review before but feel compelled having nearly been put off by some of the previous pieces written on this site. Quite frankly, I think many of these reviewers are simply ignorant. I obtained a really good deal for this hotel and an Easyjet flight and was not disappointed despite the worries I'd built up from reading some reviews. This hotel was great, not perfect, but really good value for money. The staff were very helpful and hard working. Yes the hotel was 'tired' in places but there was plenty of evidence of replacing carpets, gardening, cleaning etc going on.The rooms were very comfortable and clean, the food and service great, the bar and outdoor areas very pleasant and relaxing. The only things that did let it down were the tennis courts (separately owned and need improving but that is happening - the owner was really helpful and let my sons play for free!); the gym/sauna (objected to being charged 10 Euros to use sauna or any of the running/cross training machines) and the bowling alley area which was rather dingey and musky. There were all sorts of different people staying and 99 per cent were very pleasant. The only couple of people that let things down were some moaning British women complaining about everything in an extremely rude and patronising way to a very polite and friendly receptionist. It's perfectly acceptable to complain and ask for changes if things aren't quite right but not to be so rude. You made me ashamed to be British ladies!
A really nice hotel overall which gave us just the base for a lovely spring break that we hoping for. Easily accessible from the airport, Corfu town and the rest of the island. We hired a car through Corfu Car Rentals who were superb and delivered/collected the car from the hotel. We had a great holiday and would recommend to anyone.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- One of the first luxury hotels in Corfu, this hotel is the only one in the island with a direct view to the famous ‘Mouse Island’’ the trademark of Corfu Island. Set in magnificent landscaped gardens /45000 sq. m./ with an abundance of pine- eucalyptus and cypress trees, well maintains its prominent position amongst Corfu’s top hotels. The hotel is very close to Corfu town and also nearby the major archaeological sites offering the perfect base for those seeking to explore the island. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotwire, Prestigia, Travelocity, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com, Cancelon, Orbitz, TripOnline SA and Evoline ltd so you can book your Corfu Holiday Palace reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Aquis Corfu Holiday Palace Hotel Kanoni
- Aquis Corfu Holiday Palace Kanoni
- Corfu Holiday Palace Kanoni