“Spring break - lovely”

Corfu Holiday Palace
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Kanoni
Reviewed April 22, 2014

I have never bothered to write a review before but feel compelled having nearly been put off by some of the previous pieces written on this site. Quite frankly, I think many of these reviewers are simply ignorant. I obtained a really good deal for this hotel and an Easyjet flight and was not disappointed despite the worries I'd built up from reading some reviews. This hotel was great, not perfect, but really good value for money. The staff were very helpful and hard working. Yes the hotel was 'tired' in places but there was plenty of evidence of replacing carpets, gardening, cleaning etc going on.The rooms were very comfortable and clean, the food and service great, the bar and outdoor areas very pleasant and relaxing. The only things that did let it down were the tennis courts (separately owned and need improving but that is happening - the owner was really helpful and let my sons play for free!); the gym/sauna (objected to being charged 10 Euros to use sauna or any of the running/cross training machines) and the bowling alley area which was rather dingey and musky. There were all sorts of different people staying and 99 per cent were very pleasant. The only couple of people that let things down were some moaning British women complaining about everything in an extremely rude and patronising way to a very polite and friendly receptionist. It's perfectly acceptable to complain and ask for changes if things aren't quite right but not to be so rude. You made me ashamed to be British ladies!

A really nice hotel overall which gave us just the base for a lovely spring break that we hoping for. Easily accessible from the airport, Corfu town and the rest of the island. We hired a car through Corfu Car Rentals who were superb and delivered/collected the car from the hotel. We had a great holiday and would recommend to anyone.

Room Tip: We had a room at the front from which you could just see the airport runway. No problem at all with...
1  Thank A B
Write a ReviewReviews (1,582)

Reviewed April 21, 2014

The Corfu Holiday Palace wont suit all tastes but provided a good value for money place to stay for a group of 7 including a 2 year old child. We stayed on the seventh floor with views of the lake and airport. No nuisance at all, just something different to look at. The hotel would have been spectacular in the 60s and 70s but is now dated, but the rooms are a good size, bath rooms are good and the rooms have balconies. Food was pretty good. The beach was very good, as were the views and the proximity of a small supermarket and some bars overlooking Mouse Island and the monastery. 35 min walk to Corfu Town or 10mins or so on the bus (1.10 euros). The town is worth a visit. Not masses of shops but plenty of places to chill and take in historical character of the town.

Room Tip: Make sure the room is within the main building, not one of the bungalows.
1  Thank russellhp
Reviewed April 17, 2014

Yes !!! the Corfu Holiday Palace is a winner. After seeing the location of the Telemachos, I knew I had done the right thing by changing my hotel booking. The Corfu Holiday Palace is in Kanoni. It's a great area. The airport is not a problem at all. In fact, we loved it!!! The facilities are great. The swimming pool is spotless. I saw many pools at other hotels and I can assure the Corfu Holiday Palace outshone them all. We had a few night time games of air tennis in the games room and the bowling alley was a plus. I loved the lift down to the beach! we enjoyed exploring the island on the local busses. The local BLUE bus stop is right outside the hotel entrance and takes you into town. The GREEN busses at the Green bus station take you to various island locations. All in all, our holiday was a success and would definitely book this hotel on a return visit to Corfu. We loved it !

Room Tip: the Garden rooms at the front of the hotel have no view other than the entrance to the hotel. They d...
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
4  Thank CarolGerry
Corfuholidaypalace, Manager at Corfu Holiday Palace, responded to this reviewResponded June 24, 2014

Dear CarolGerry,

Thank you so much for your wonderful and positive review on tripadvisor concerning your recent stay at corfu Holiday Palace Hotel.

We certainly do our utmost to make your holiday as comfortable – memorable and pleasant as possible, so we are very pleased to read that you have enjoyed your stay and we met your expectations.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future and we thank you once again for taking the time to write such positive feedback on your stay.

Please don’t hesitate to contact me should you wish to book again in order to personally take care of your accommodation and assist you with your reservation.

Reviewed April 17, 2014

I think the last time I wrote about a time I spent abroad it was titled 'What I did on my school holidays' so it gives you some idea how unlikely I am to review a place unless I feel its crucial to save some other poor sod their hard earned cash.
I did the research and was seduced by the view. I confess , my cheap skate heart got the better of me and I messed up. I should have known better.
Ask yourself Why aren't there any pictures of the rooms? Answer: Because they would need to dig out a black and white Polaroid of one for you to see a semblance of any thing habitable.

Brigitte Bardot in her prime would have been a catch at the time but that was fifty years ago. You wouldn't need a cold shower after a chance meeting with her now and I would liken this place to that analogy.
It's colostomy bag is leaking and it's living off one good scene.
I can imagine the staff once feeling a sense of pride at working in a glistening new hotel. Now theyve managed to do what I thought was impossible. To promise and then let you down countless times with a breathless incompetence and indifference I've never experienced before. I honestly think they were trained at Billy Smarts circus. They paint on a smile and let the flood of complaints wash over them. Over time I guess they've just become accustomed to the numerous requests for room changes. The food is edible which was one saving grace but when you consider that you have to retire for the night to something akin to a bunker I would rather go self catering in Iraq. Despite our booking form clearly stating half board we were told at reception that we were bed and breakfast (with a smile of course) no room for manoeuvre, not even a mere suggestion that they might call to confirm with the booking agent. It was our problem- full stop. Nice welcome.
When we requested for the third time in three nights that someone take a look at our broken tv, we were told (with a huge smile) to relax and that someone would be up to fix it soon. At the time of drafting my first ever hotel review we haven't seen a technician and I don't hold out much hope either, especially given that I'm on the plane home now.
Out Balcony door didn't lock but not to worry! I'm sure our 8 month old son would have let us know if someone had broken in. No doubt he would have let us know from his vantage point on the camp bed the hotel had so thoughtfully laid out for us. They don't do cots out there you see , as that would be far too thoughtful.
The front door didnt lock and to our complete surprise someone actually turned up to try and help. Of course it was too good to be true as we found that we couldn't enter our hovel because he had somehow managed to lock it so that no other person could enter it either. At first I thought he'd perhaps been working under cover for trading standards or the department of health and safety and was closing the hotel down, starting with our room, but no such luck. No problem though, after standing outside our room for two hours we finally managed to enter our bunker.
What a relief it was to see those suspect stains and scratch mark etchings on the floor that had given us that warm homely feel each time we set foot inside our 70s trench. Not for them the fussy basics that those other fancy hotels believe in , like cleanliness. A bit of grime is good for a new born and why should I disagree with them when they're just so damn smiley about everything.
The staff there also have a unique take on first aid. When our baby banged his head with suspected concussion we were told ( with a smile) that millions of pounds were obviously wastefully spent researching head injuries as we should simply apply butter to his bump. Yes, you read that right, butter.
Where's the need for a scan when some utterly butterly will do. Maybe they should rename the hotel 'I can't believe it's not better' would have been more suitable.
Scoring - View 7:10 but for customer service and the hotel 2:10 - don't do it.... just don't

• Stayed: April 2014
12  Thank Fewdin10
Reviewed April 17, 2014

April 2014 - one week family holiday.

Excellent value for money. Stunning location with beautiful views.

Welcoming and friendly staff.

We stayed half board and enjoyed a great choice of food at both breakfast and evening dinner. Wonderful range of fresh salads, good selection of local meals.

Restaurant area was very well staffed, tables cleared efficiently.

Our family room was cleaned thoroughly each day, with towels replaced and beds made.

I would recommend this hotel for its location and value.

April is a fantastic time to visit Corfu - flowers everywhere - green landscape and very quiet, easy to drive around and park without crowds.

Room Tip: Try to get a room facing the sea or garden - quieter than the front.
2  Thank candaday

Dear candaday,

Reviewed April 14, 2014

We stayed here for four nights in early April, only paying about £30 a night for a double room. We were a little worried about some poor reviews on here but straight away we were immediately happy when we got there. This used to be a Hilton hotel and hence was a five star hotel; its probably a four star now due to slightly faded decor. Its still a lovely place though with an upmarket reception, bar, swimming pool and bowling alley.

The staff are all very friendly and helpful. There is live music at the bar in the evening which was always busy with other customers and the staff there were always welcoming and remembered us.

The room was a little basic, but still fine considering the price. The place is about 5 mins bus journey to Corfu Town and the bus stop for it is right outside the hotel entrance.

If your considering this place then definitely go for it; it is a good as the photos appear to show.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
6  Thank Chris L

Dear Chris L,

Reviewed April 14, 2014

We stayed 5th - 12th April 2014, on a last minute whim/deal via Broadway travel (very good deal and service).

The Good:
Half-board buffet was simply excellent
Service was good
Complimentary wine - always nice. Enjoyed on the balcony!
Excellent room & amazing view (room 234 ground level balcony) - be warned can be noisy as near bar!
Good facilities - had an amazing massage, (bowling, outdoor/indoor pool/beach/gardens/gym etc)
Near town, excellent bus service and location for plenty of tourist spots
Bar and evening entertainment

The Bad
Obviously close to airport, but it's not a big deal to ignore the limited slight noise. During our stay perhaps we noticed 4 flights a day.
Hotel is not a 5* and could use some updating, however it's not a big issue.

and one other thing - the indoor pool is VERY deep, lot's of people left there kids unattended which isn't the best idea...
plus electrical gym items require additional cost (bit annoying)

We travelled with 2 kids, and my sister joined us in the next room. We had a fantastic time and would certainly come back.

Incase you're wondering what you can do/see outside of the hotel:
Prince Philips birth place is a 20 minute walk away.
Corfu town can be walked (if your feeling fit), but bus is amazingly reliable.
mouse island is a short boat trip away (2.5 euro)
bars/restaurants (many were just opening up for the season)
buses from town can take you to any number of tourist places if you don't want to hire a car

Room Tip: Personally I'd recommend facing to the rear of building, we loved room 234/236 (but beware of ba...
2  Thank Scott S
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kanoni
MarBella Corfu Hotel
Corfu Mare Boutique Hotel
Corfu Mare Boutique Hotel
#3 of 11 in Corfu Town
Aeolos Beach Resort

Been to Corfu Holiday Palace? Share your experiences!