Corfu Holiday Palace
Anita Hotel(Perama)
Alexandros(Perama)
  • Breakfast included
1,600 results
All reviewsmouse islandsea viewbowling alleyprivate beachclose to the airportkefi barhalf boardpool areabreakfast and dinnerhotel entranceplane spottingholiday palacesushi barsea watersalt watermini marketbuy tickets
FilterAll languages
Reviewed April 17, 2014

I think the last time I wrote about a time I spent abroad it was titled 'What I did on my school holidays' so it gives you some idea how unlikely I am to review a place unless I feel its crucial to save some other poor sod their hard earned cash.
I did the research and was seduced by the view. I confess , my cheap skate heart got the better of me and I messed up. I should have known better.
Ask yourself Why aren't there any pictures of the rooms? Answer: Because they would need to dig out a black and white Polaroid of one for you to see a semblance of any thing habitable.

Brigitte Bardot in her prime would have been a catch at the time but that was fifty years ago. You wouldn't need a cold shower after a chance meeting with her now and I would liken this place to that analogy.
It's colostomy bag is leaking and it's living off one good scene.
I can imagine the staff once feeling a sense of pride at working in a glistening new hotel. Now theyve managed to do what I thought was impossible. To promise and then let you down countless times with a breathless incompetence and indifference I've never experienced before. I honestly think they were trained at Billy Smarts circus. They paint on a smile and let the flood of complaints wash over them. Over time I guess they've just become accustomed to the numerous requests for room changes. The food is edible which was one saving grace but when you consider that you have to retire for the night to something akin to a bunker I would rather go self catering in Iraq. Despite our booking form clearly stating half board we were told at reception that we were bed and breakfast (with a smile of course) no room for manoeuvre, not even a mere suggestion that they might call to confirm with the booking agent. It was our problem- full stop. Nice welcome.
When we requested for the third time in three nights that someone take a look at our broken tv, we were told (with a huge smile) to relax and that someone would be up to fix it soon. At the time of drafting my first ever hotel review we haven't seen a technician and I don't hold out much hope either, especially given that I'm on the plane home now.
Out Balcony door didn't lock but not to worry! I'm sure our 8 month old son would have let us know if someone had broken in. No doubt he would have let us know from his vantage point on the camp bed the hotel had so thoughtfully laid out for us. They don't do cots out there you see , as that would be far too thoughtful.
The front door didnt lock and to our complete surprise someone actually turned up to try and help. Of course it was too good to be true as we found that we couldn't enter our hovel because he had somehow managed to lock it so that no other person could enter it either. At first I thought he'd perhaps been working under cover for trading standards or the department of health and safety and was closing the hotel down, starting with our room, but no such luck. No problem though, after standing outside our room for two hours we finally managed to enter our bunker.
What a relief it was to see those suspect stains and scratch mark etchings on the floor that had given us that warm homely feel each time we set foot inside our 70s trench. Not for them the fussy basics that those other fancy hotels believe in , like cleanliness. A bit of grime is good for a new born and why should I disagree with them when they're just so damn smiley about everything.
The staff there also have a unique take on first aid. When our baby banged his head with suspected concussion we were told ( with a smile) that millions of pounds were obviously wastefully spent researching head injuries as we should simply apply butter to his bump. Yes, you read that right, butter.
Where's the need for a scan when some utterly butterly will do. Maybe they should rename the hotel 'I can't believe it's not better' would have been more suitable.
Scoring - View 7:10 but for customer service and the hotel 2:10 - don't do it.... just don't

• Stayed: April 2014
12  Thank Fewdin10
Reviewed April 17, 2014

April 2014 - one week family holiday.

Excellent value for money. Stunning location with beautiful views.

Welcoming and friendly staff.

We stayed half board and enjoyed a great choice of food at both breakfast and evening dinner. Wonderful range of fresh salads, good selection of local meals.

Restaurant area was very well staffed, tables cleared efficiently.

Our family room was cleaned thoroughly each day, with towels replaced and beds made.

I would recommend this hotel for its location and value.

April is a fantastic time to visit Corfu - flowers everywhere - green landscape and very quiet, easy to drive around and park without crowds.

Room Tip: Try to get a room facing the sea or garden - quieter than the front.
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank candaday
Corfuholidaypalace, Manager at Corfu Holiday Palace, responded to this reviewResponded June 24, 2014

Dear candaday,

Thank you so much for your wonderful and positive review on tripadvisor concerning your recent stay at corfu Holiday Palace Hotel.

We certainly do our utmost to make your holiday as comfortable – memorable and pleasant as possible, so we are very pleased to read that you have enjoyed your stay and we met your expectations.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future and we thank you once again for taking the time to write such positive feedback on your stay.

Please don’t hesitate to contact me should you wish to book again in order to personally take care of your accommodation and assist you with your reservation.

Yours sincerely,
Maria Ioannidou

Reviewed April 14, 2014

We stayed here for four nights in early April, only paying about £30 a night for a double room. We were a little worried about some poor reviews on here but straight away we were immediately happy when we got there. This used to be a Hilton hotel and hence was a five star hotel; its probably a four star now due to slightly faded decor. Its still a lovely place though with an upmarket reception, bar, swimming pool and bowling alley.

The staff are all very friendly and helpful. There is live music at the bar in the evening which was always busy with other customers and the staff there were always welcoming and remembered us.

The room was a little basic, but still fine considering the price. The place is about 5 mins bus journey to Corfu Town and the bus stop for it is right outside the hotel entrance.

If your considering this place then definitely go for it; it is a good as the photos appear to show.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
6  Thank Chris L

Dear Chris L,

Yours sincerely,
Maria Ioannidou

Reviewed April 14, 2014

We stayed 5th - 12th April 2014, on a last minute whim/deal via Broadway travel (very good deal and service).

The Good:
Half-board buffet was simply excellent
Service was good
Complimentary wine - always nice. Enjoyed on the balcony!
Excellent room & amazing view (room 234 ground level balcony) - be warned can be noisy as near bar!
Good facilities - had an amazing massage, (bowling, outdoor/indoor pool/beach/gardens/gym etc)
Near town, excellent bus service and location for plenty of tourist spots
Bar and evening entertainment

The Bad
Obviously close to airport, but it's not a big deal to ignore the limited slight noise. During our stay perhaps we noticed 4 flights a day.
Hotel is not a 5* and could use some updating, however it's not a big issue.

and one other thing - the indoor pool is VERY deep, lot's of people left there kids unattended which isn't the best idea...
plus electrical gym items require additional cost (bit annoying)

We travelled with 2 kids, and my sister joined us in the next room. We had a fantastic time and would certainly come back.

Incase you're wondering what you can do/see outside of the hotel:
Prince Philips birth place is a 20 minute walk away.
Corfu town can be walked (if your feeling fit), but bus is amazingly reliable.
mouse island is a short boat trip away (2.5 euro)
bars/restaurants (many were just opening up for the season)
buses from town can take you to any number of tourist places if you don't want to hire a car

Room Tip: Personally I'd recommend facing to the rear of building, we loved room 234/236 (but beware of bar noise if you are a earlier and light sleeper). We were far too worn out to notice!
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank Scott S
Reviewed April 12, 2014

We arrived at the hotel on 3rd April 2014. We were upgraded free to a sea facing room because our 45th wedding anniversary was on 5th. We had a complementary bottle of wine to celebrate.
We booked through Broadway Travel. Reluctantly travelled with Easyjet. (Previous poor experience). Had to change my opinion of Easyjet. Excellent flight both ways. Would advise anyone going to the Palace to get a taxi from Corfu airport. We had prepaid private, and paid a ridiculous amount. Found ourselves (2) in a small coach! Just for us. The hotel is quite near to the airport.
The staff were all very welcoming and helpful, but by Saturday there was insufficient staff, considering how many people had arrived by then. The food was lovely. There was plenty and it was varied. We had a 4 hour electricity blackout one morning across our part of the island.
The staff handled this very well just using a generator. Well done to them all. 2 pools, 1 indoor. 1 outdoor, cleaned every morning.
We were in room 750 which was spotless. Our lady came every day and kept our room spotless. The Kefi Bar was great. Entertainment every night. Wednesday night was best with a Greek night. Greek dancers and musicians encouraged everyone to learn Greek dancing. What a night! Thoroughly enjoyed our holiday and would go back to The Corfu Holiday Palace.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple