I booked my hotel at the last minute so I was not able to get something right in Corfu town as I was hoping, but this actually worked out better. I found Corfu town to be very touristy, noisy, crowded and not always clean. As others have mentioned, this was formerly a Hilton and is in a wonderful location on Kanoni Point, on a cliff overlooking the sea. There is a nice big pool and a funicular down to the private beach. The breakfast buffet was included in the rate and very generous selections of hot and cold items, eggs, bacon, pancakes, as well as meats, cheeses, yorgurt, fruit, cereal and bread. It is worth paying a little extra for a sea view room. Free wifi throughout.
The clientele tends to be older couples on package tours staying 1 or 2 weeks so this is not a real party place. There is a convenient bus every 20 minutes that picks up in front of the hotel for Corfu town and costs about 1.3 euros. There are also mini markets and a couple of restaurants just a few steps outside the front door. A taxi to/from the airport is about 15 euros.
I wasn't bothered by any noise from the airport but I will say the mattresses are firm and some of the decor needs an update. All in all, for the price, a good stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- One of the first luxury hotels in Corfu, this hotel is the only one in the island with a direct view to the famous ‘Mouse Island’’ the trademark of Corfu Island. Set in magnificent landscaped gardens /45000 sq. m./ with an abundance of pine- eucalyptus and cypress trees, well maintains its prominent position amongst Corfu’s top hotels. The hotel is very close to Corfu town and also nearby the major archaeological sites offering the perfect base for those seeking to explore the island. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Hotwire, Orbitz, Cancelon, Bookgreece.com, Cheap Tickets, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your Corfu Holiday Palace reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Aquis Corfu Holiday Palace Hotel Kanoni
- Aquis Corfu Holiday Palace Kanoni
- Corfu Holiday Palace Kanoni