We stayed in a sea view room on the sixth floor that overlooked the gorgeous salt water pool. Maria is the Hotel Manager, her and the entire staff were excellent in accommodating our recent trip to Kanoni, Corfu. All the rooms have huge floor to ceiling sliding glass doors that open out to a generous sized balcony with a cute table and chairs. Our package included Free buffet style breakfast, but you can get half-board too. We were up early for breakfast everyday and recommend the greek yogurt and honey, scrambled eggs with tomato and feta, and the bacon. The fried potatoes were okay, but could be better! This place was a Hilton originally, and is located in a stunning area of corfu, Kanoni, just outside Corfu Town (about 10 minutes bus ride) for 1.10 euro each way.. buy them from the convenience store across the street, down the road about 30m. There are some cafes down on the point that have a gorgeous view of the bay. We ate at George's Taverna which he personally treats you to a shot of raki (for the guys) and Limoncello (for you ladies out there) and I had the Moussaka which was delicious. Local white wine was cheap, 2.50euro for a carafe which was 2 small glasses worth. Anyway also want to mention the elevators, when we were there they worked pretty decently. One apparently wasn't working, but 2 seems to do the job just fine. You never have to wait more than a few minutes. Anyway could be better, but there's always the stairs which I found kinda nice, but I'm an active sort of person. Great sitting area in the lobby and open air patio outside the Kefi bar. I liked hanging out there at night and having a drink. They have fun theme nights, one night was a 70's and 80's song request night. For the restaurant, there are different theme nights, Italian, Greek BBQ, etc.. We went to the greek BBQ and it was pretty good way to sample a number of different greek cuisines in one sitting. I enjoyed the Aubergine Tomatoes dish. Really flavourful. The pork souvlaki filet meal for 12 euros I got at the pool bar was excellent and wash it down with a cold draught beer for 3! Also remember that you have to put your keycard in a secured wall-slot on the right inside of your room for the lights to work. We didn't know that at first, thought I would pass the tip on.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- One of the first luxury hotels in Corfu, this hotel is the only one in the island with a direct view to the famous ‘Mouse Island’’ the trademark of Corfu Island. Set in magnificent landscaped gardens /45000 sq. m./ with an abundance of pine- eucalyptus and cypress trees, well maintains its prominent position amongst Corfu’s top hotels. The hotel is very close to Corfu town and also nearby the major archaeological sites offering the perfect base for those seeking to explore the island. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Agoda, Hotels.com, Expedia and Booking.com so you can book your Corfu Holiday Palace reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Aquis Corfu Holiday Palace Hotel Kanoni
- Aquis Corfu Holiday Palace Kanoni
- Corfu Holiday Palace Kanoni