Went for a week of sun with my wife, wernt really expecting too much based on the reviews.
So, the hotel itself we thought overall was very good. a bit rough around the edges- the lifts were very frustrating, breakfast, whilst a fairly good choice and standard ( although as brits we prefer baked beans and scrambled egg to be served hot not tepid), was a bit of a bun fight when busy. The staff really need instruction on how to run a dining room and clear tables hygenically. the room was always cleaned to a high standard. The pool area needs more furniture- 8.15 am all the loungers had been ' reserved' by the ' residents' ( but funny how they still werent in use 2 hours later), and all the staff would benefit from remembering how to smile. We enjoyed the beach- yes, the planes are a distraction, but the niose stopped me falling asleep for too long ( yes they are that loud). you kind of get used to it after a couple of days.
Out and about was brilliant- bus stop at the bottom of the hotel drive, and a regular ( every 20 mins) 20 min journey into town for E1.50. Plenty to see and do in the Old Town- the fort is worth a visit for the views, and the Old Town Taverna we found to be excellent- the fish mezze was superb.
back near the hotel there are also a few eating/ drinking options- Captain George we found to be great- a nice, family run restaurant, where the food is reasonable and good value- the total constast to Cafe Royal, which i would reccommend you avoid at all costs.We have never been served such a bad and expensive meal.
all in all a great break
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- One of the first luxury hotels in Corfu, this hotel is the only one in the island with a direct view to the famous ‘Mouse Island’’ the trademark of Corfu Island. Set in magnificent landscaped gardens /45000 sq. m./ with an abundance of pine- eucalyptus and cypress trees, well maintains its prominent position amongst Corfu’s top hotels. The hotel is very close to Corfu town and also nearby the major archaeological sites offering the perfect base for those seeking to explore the island. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Prestigia, Expedia, getaroom.com, Travelocity, HotelQuickly, Cancelon, Orbitz and TripOnline SA so you can book your Corfu Holiday Palace reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Aquis Corfu Holiday Palace Hotel Kanoni
- Aquis Corfu Holiday Palace Kanoni
- Corfu Holiday Palace Kanoni