My partner and I recently stayed at Corfu Holiday Palace for a week and really enjoyed it.
In terms of accommodation, we stayed in a bungalow with a sea view. Our bungalow was spacious and came with a variety of useful facilities. Such as a full size fridge and mini freezer (which was handy to store drinks in), air conditioning and the room could also accommodate for a third person with it having three beds (so perfect for family visitors). The bathroom also had a bath and powerful hot shower. Not forgetting the beautiful sea view we had which was wonderful to wake up to every morning. The only downside of the bungalow is that it could do with a bit of an update as the walls, etc were looking quite tired but not desperately essential. Also, despite this not being the hotels fault, I had a problem with midgies and insets at night as I continuously woke up with bites on my legs. So if you have sensitive skin like myself, defiantly invest in some good insect spray. (A kind lady I met gave me a bottle of "Jungle Formula" which did the job) Our room was cleaned everyday to a high standard and we were given clean towels and toiletries every day.
There is plenty to do around the hotel. We used a lot of the facilities the hotel had to offer including the outdoor swimming pool, the ping pong table (with a 10 euro deposit but you get it back) and the bowling alley which was also good fun. You could also pick up a free towel to use for the day which was good. There was also a indoor pool but it defiantly needs to be heated as it was freezing and no-one ever seemed to be in it - probably due to this!
We also got the bus into Corfu Town which is defiantly worth a visit. (and is only 1.50 euro on the bus and sold in the shop opposite for 1.10euro - so good value)
Also, if you are big kids like my partner and I, a visit to Aqualand is an absolute must! Wonderful waterpark with plenty of slides and a huge wave pool - perfect for a family day out!
We went half board and the food was absolutely delicious. At breakfast the choice of what to eat was endless - pancakes, omelette's, cereal, fruit, bacon, eggs, sausages and also traditional greek choices such as bread, olives, feta cheese, etc! Dinner was also lovely. The choices of what to eat was different every night so it never became tedious. The staff were helpful and friendly, especially Andreas who worked in the restaurant at night who was naturally charming and lovely to chat to. He just loved the fact we were smiley! The reception staff were also lovely and were particularly helpful when we needed directions to places.
Entertainment on the evening was also enjoyable, the dancers and live music defiantly gave the hotel a fun atmosphere and vibe.
All in all, we absolutely loved our visit to such a beautiful place. We would defiantly stay here again but I think I would pay extra and stay in on of the hotel suites, as the private pool looked luxury!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- One of the first luxury hotels in Corfu, this hotel is the only one in the island with a direct view to the famous ‘Mouse Island’’ the trademark of Corfu Island. Set in magnificent landscaped gardens /45000 sq. m./ with an abundance of pine- eucalyptus and cypress trees, well maintains its prominent position amongst Corfu’s top hotels. The hotel is very close to Corfu town and also nearby the major archaeological sites offering the perfect base for those seeking to explore the island. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Prestigia, Hotwire, Orbitz, getaroom.com, Cancelon, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, Cheap Tickets and TripOnline SA so you can book your Corfu Holiday Palace reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Aquis Corfu Holiday Palace Hotel Kanoni
- Aquis Corfu Holiday Palace Kanoni
- Corfu Holiday Palace Kanoni