After reading previous reviews we were very apprehensive about our forthcoming holiday. We had two rooms which were on the fifth floor looking out towards the airport and runway which we found fascinating. The rooms although clean seemed a little tired and could do with updating as could other areas of the hotel. The sheets were changed every day as were any used towels. The drains were not brilliant especially in our daughter's room as water would sometimes come up through a grating in the floor after they had showered or had a bath. There were occasional drain smells in other areas of the hotel but not overpowering.
The restaurant was busy and would definitely benefit with a few more staff. As a party of five we found it easier to sit either end of the main eating area, being here we were forgotten and often received our drinks half way through the meal. We also found it better not to go down to dinner too early as it was then slightly less noisy. There were many choices both hot and cold although due to the inconsideration of other selfish guests the hot food containers were often left open leaving the contents cold. Don't be put off by other reviewers saying the food was repetitive, surely you cannot expect a complete change of menu every day when the hotel is trying to cater for so many people. There is enough variety for people to try something different most days. On the plus side all staff were helpful and friendly. The buses into Corfu Town ran every 20 minutes during the week and only cost 1.10 Euros if you bought your tickets from the excellent mini market opposite the hotel.
We did enjoy visiting Corfu Island, the Greek people are unfailingly friendly, and although we would not stay at the Holiday Palace again that is simply because we do not usually return to the same places. Although it is not 5 star by our standards, having seen a lot of other hotels on the island we think ours was one of the best.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- One of the first luxury hotels in Corfu, this hotel is the only one in the island with a direct view to the famous ‘Mouse Island’’ the trademark of Corfu Island. Set in magnificent landscaped gardens /45000 sq. m./ with an abundance of pine- eucalyptus and cypress trees, well maintains its prominent position amongst Corfu’s top hotels. The hotel is very close to Corfu town and also nearby the major archaeological sites offering the perfect base for those seeking to explore the island. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Prestigia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Travelocity, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com, Cancelon, Orbitz, TripOnline SA and Evoline ltd so you can book your Corfu Holiday Palace reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Aquis Corfu Holiday Palace Hotel Kanoni
- Aquis Corfu Holiday Palace Kanoni
- Corfu Holiday Palace Kanoni