We stayed here in October 2012 and we were a little concerned about this hotel after reading some of the reviews however we need not of worried as we loved this hotel. The hotel is really close to the airport, infact you can see the hotel as you land! It took about 15 mins in a taxi from the airport to the hotel and this cost us about 20 euros but only 15 on the way back however it was still a lot cheaper than the shared transfers that we were offered when booking the flight. First impressions of the hotel were good. We were allocated a lovely room on the 5th floor and we had a lovely view of the sea and pool. Our room was really big and we couldnt fault the furniture or the decorating! We notice that bar prices around the hotel varied. A pint of beer by the pool is 2.50 and was around 5 euros in the bar of a night. There were plenty of sun loungers around the pool and they were free however if you used the hotels private beach then you were charged for there use which we felt was unfair. The airport next to the hotel is not a problem at all in fact everyone seemed to enjoy watching the planes come in. We never heard a flight in our room and the airport appeared to be opne between 8 ish and midnight but it was not noisy at all. The staff in the hotel were lovely and very helpful we stayed halfboard and we enjoyed all of the meals that we had here however we did venture out for tea on a number of evenings. There is a lovely sushi restaurant within the grounds and it is well worth a visit. There is also a restaurant/bar across the road from the hotel and that appeared to be very popular with other hotel geusts as well. A bus stops directly outside of the hotel and takes about 20 mins to get into Corfu Town costing around the 1.20 each way. Its cheaper to buy tickets in the shop in the hotel or across the road then paying on the bus. If you want a holiday that is all about relaxing by the pool and chilling out then this is the place for you. This is not a hotle for kids and we only saw one family here and they were not happy that there was nothing for their children to do. This is perfect for couples or mature group holidays only.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- One of the first luxury hotels in Corfu, this hotel is the only one in the island with a direct view to the famous ‘Mouse Island’’ the trademark of Corfu Island. Set in magnificent landscaped gardens /45000 sq. m./ with an abundance of pine- eucalyptus and cypress trees, well maintains its prominent position amongst Corfu’s top hotels. The hotel is very close to Corfu town and also nearby the major archaeological sites offering the perfect base for those seeking to explore the island. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com and Agoda so you can book your Corfu Holiday Palace reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Aquis Corfu Holiday Palace Hotel Kanoni
- Aquis Corfu Holiday Palace Kanoni
- Corfu Holiday Palace Kanoni