We stayed here before the start of the summer tourist season, so the hotel seemed pretty deserted, but my husband and I loved it. It was quite interesting seeing the preparations being made for the summer season onslaught at this hotel and all over the island. Other reviewers mentioned musty smells and outdated decor, but I noticed no musty smells except immediately around the indoor pool, and the decor was part of the charm for me --- very midcentury modern with 70s touches --- I could easily see the characters from Mad Men having a drink in the lobby bar or staying here. We loved the midcentury glamour, the beautiful marble lobby and stairs, and most of all the park-like atmosphere of the property. Some hotels on Corfu seem to be just in the middle of concrete blocks or apartments, right on the roads, but the Holiday Palace was well-landscaped with lots of natural beauty and trees, a huge outdoor pool, a funicular to the beach and amazing views of the sea and mainland Greece/Albania. Also on the property are a Starbucks and sushi restaurant, tennis courts, and a basement bowling alley. The best part of this hotel, however, was the people there. Customer service was absolutely impeccable. Any requests or problems were addressed by reception immediately. And I would like to especially mention George, the bartender, for his friendship and amazing drinks and conversations at the bar over the 5 days we stayed. His drinks were perfectly mixed (mojitos made with mint from his own garden!), his english marvelous, and his stories and insights into Corfiot culture was just what we needed. He is a real asset to the place. Also, Makis, head dinner waiter, is a really wonderful and friendly person to talk to and gave us lots of tips and advice. Overall, a great time and a wonderful hotel. The only thing I didn't like was the food at the hotel grill. There are much better restaurants in Corfu town. My husband and I want to return in summer when we can enjoy the pool and beach.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- One of the first luxury hotels in Corfu, this hotel is the only one in the island with a direct view to the famous ‘Mouse Island’’ the trademark of Corfu Island. Set in magnificent landscaped gardens /45000 sq. m./ with an abundance of pine- eucalyptus and cypress trees, well maintains its prominent position amongst Corfu’s top hotels. The hotel is very close to Corfu town and also nearby the major archaeological sites offering the perfect base for those seeking to explore the island. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia and Agoda so you can book your Corfu Holiday Palace reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Aquis Corfu Holiday Palace Hotel Kanoni
- Aquis Corfu Holiday Palace Kanoni
- Corfu Holiday Palace Kanoni