We chose this hotel because we were on a budget, and we also wanted to stay close to Corfu town and avoid a hour-long bus ride to the hotel. But when we first got there, the hotel had no electrical power. We were told it would be back on in an hour or so, but we later found out from other guests that it had been out for approx 24 hrs and they had always been promising "in an hour or two" What a load of rubbish. So no a/c, no lights in the rooms, not much in terms of food. It took them almost an hour to provide candles for our room. I was really not impressed. It then took them an additional 24 hours to get the power restored. And all that time, the neighbours had power, so the problem was only at our hotel. I recognise that this type of thing probably doesn't happy very often, but it was extremely poorly handled by the management. Front-line staff did their best, and frankly, they did a great job of dealing with so many irate guests. Once the power was restored however, things dramatically improved. And it turned it to be a decent hotel. The view was incredible (you can see for yourself above), pool was nice (saltwater). Meals were below average. The beach was very pebbly for the first 10 feet or so as you enter the water, then turns into sand. One of the pleasant surprises was how well they cater to kids. They have lots of accessories for the pool/beach for kids (air mattresses, floaties, mini play 'boat') and a small playground. And everything is there for everyone to use. So that was nice.
If you're looking for an average hotel, at a reasonable price, Corfu Holiday Palace fits the bill, but just don't get your expectations too high.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- One of the first luxury hotels in Corfu, this hotel is the only one in the island with a direct view to the famous ‘Mouse Island’’ the trademark of Corfu Island. Set in magnificent landscaped gardens /45000 sq. m./ with an abundance of pine- eucalyptus and cypress trees, well maintains its prominent position amongst Corfu’s top hotels. The hotel is very close to Corfu town and also nearby the major archaeological sites offering the perfect base for those seeking to explore the island. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Agoda, Expedia, Hotels.com, HotelsClick, Hotel.de, HRS and Despegar.com so you can book your Corfu Holiday Palace reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Aquis Corfu Holiday Palace Hotel Kanoni
- Aquis Corfu Holiday Palace Kanoni
- Corfu Holiday Palace Kanoni