I'm staying at this hotel at the moment on a week long holiday - so far I've spent two nights here with five to go. While generally I agree with previous reviewers that this is basically a 3 or 4 star hotel there is one aspect to the room I am staying in that let it down very badly.
The beds. This don't even make it to one star!
While the room is well supplied with useless furniture like sofas, armchairs and coffee tables, the sleeping arrangements consist of two narrow (3ft) camp beds placed up against the wall. There is no headboard, no bedside tables, no reading lamps - just the camp beds. It is most bizarre and looks like a living room which someone has set up for an overnight guest. To make matters worse, the beds are pretty uncomfortable.
There are other trivial aspects to the room I could mention, like the broken toilet seat or the air con that makes a noise but doesn't produce any cool air but then you would think I was just a habitual complainer. I am not. The rest of the hotel is fine and the food is pretty good. Its just the beds.
If you enjoy the camping experience then maybe this is for you. However, if you value comfortable beds, and the ability to read a book before bedtime, then give this place a miss. Or maybe its just the room I am in (although I paid for a sea view room which I thought would give me a better standard).
p.s. I am in Room 648, name of La***, in case the manager reads this and wants to discuss.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- One of the first luxury hotels in Corfu, this hotel is the only one in the island with a direct view to the famous ‘Mouse Island’’ the trademark of Corfu Island. Set in magnificent landscaped gardens /45000 sq. m./ with an abundance of pine- eucalyptus and cypress trees, well maintains its prominent position amongst Corfu’s top hotels. The hotel is very close to Corfu town and also nearby the major archaeological sites offering the perfect base for those seeking to explore the island. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Prestigia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Corfu Holiday Palace reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Aquis Corfu Holiday Palace Hotel Kanoni
- Aquis Corfu Holiday Palace Kanoni
- Corfu Holiday Palace Kanoni