“not a 4 star hotel, but ok for a short stay”

Divani Corfu Palace
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Kanoni
London, United Kingdom
“not a 4 star hotel, but ok for a short stay”
Reviewed September 16, 2012 via mobile

I've booked this hotel for 2 nights in August. this is not a 4 star hotel. the quality of the breakfast was poor. the room had a strange odour. Because i was travelling alone, on the first morning they wanted to make me seat at a table with few unknown people as 'they don't have enough seats for all the guests' (even though the restaurant was almost empty). that was soon clarified and i was able to choose the table i wanted. The location is not good, far from the beach, far from the city center. If you want to sunbathe by the pool you have to wait till 9-10 am for the sun to reach the pool area. I feel that it was overpriced for what it had to offer.

• Stayed August 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Hungarian first
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed September 15, 2012

Our family of 4 stayed at the Divani for 3 nights and loved it! The front lobby area is spacious as are the rooms. The service was excellent compared to other hotels we've stayed at. The staff was very friendly and went out of their way to make our stay comfortable. The night before our early departure, they delivered a tray of breakfast pastries/muffins so that we could eat something before we checked out. Very thoughtful of them to think about that. Our two kids (12 & 7) spent hours in the pool and loved it. The hotel staff was constantly tidying up which made for a more comfortable stay. Housekeeping was very helpful as well. The location suited us well. We rented a car and were able to see so many other places on the island. We would highly recommend this hotel. Felt like home.

Room Tip: Rooms overlooking the pool and on the higher floors are quieter.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Shenny J
world wide
Reviewed September 13, 2012

For the price of the hotel it is a good deal. Very comfortable spacious rooms and if you love plane spotting your onto a winner. SItuated on hte coast but in the middle section of the island east to get North , South or West in no time. Corfu Town is stunning an only minutes away by car, which you will probably need if you stay here. Then there is Mary... Mary is one of the most delightful helpful receptionists i have encountered in a long time. A big smile and welcome every time you see her, worth staying here just for Mary. Thanks love, if it wasn't for Mary i'd have given a 4 rating but she goes the extra mile.

Room Tip: All front facing rooms over look the runway at the airport but are double glazed so you do not reall...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Manchester
Reviewed September 4, 2012

We stayed for a week while attending a conference. It was handy for the airport and we were given a room at the back of the hotel overlooking the garden. This is probably the best side away from the car park and runway. We found the beds to be firm but comfortable in our triple room.
The breakfast selection was good though fresh fruit would help.
The car park is adequate though busy at times.
It is a good centre for touring the island. I recommend the cruise to Paxos and Antipaxos.
We liked the beaches at Ipsos and Sidari.

Room Tip: A room at the back of the hotel overlooking the garden
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 1, 2012

This is the type of hotel I was looking for a long time with all services rendered as those of a king!
Congratulations to the management of the hotel.
I will certainly return from UK on my next vacation.
I will recommend it to my friends without hesitation because I consider it to be what a vacationer is seeking for.
Thank you very much!
Theodore Mancousso

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Theodore M
Stockholm, Sweden
Reviewed August 27, 2012

Me and my friends we had a very poor stay at this hotel. We booked it because of its reputation (Divani hotels supposed to be of high quality and that offer elegance) but unfortunately we spent our money for nothing here.

We have payed almost 900 euros for 5 nights (3 people) and we were expecting at least something comfortable. When we arrived we opened the room's door and we saw that there were only two beds and a ranch... yes!!! a ranch!!!!! We went to the reception to complain and finally they gave us a room with 3 beds and some view.

The hotel in general is very old and it needs to be renovated. The rooms are very small (the balconies too). Everything in the room was old (electric devices, air conditioning, carpets, beds). It is far from the center (you will need a car). It is very clean and quiet but the personnel's behavior is below average and the room amenities are poor. I could say that it is like many 2 star hotels.

Next time that I will visit Corfu I will definitely spend my money somewhere else.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends
3 Thank Efthymios K

Travelers are raving about these Kanoni hotels

Nicosia, Cyprus
Reviewed August 26, 2012

When I arrived the receptionist was really nice and helpful. The lobby looked very dated more like an 80's hotel. When I got in my room I was a bit shock. The room was also dated, but the worse thing was the matress was soooo hard that I could not sleep. I wanted to go to the Mouse Island by food and the receptionist told me it is maximum a 10 minutes walk, well it was a 20 minutes walk :) If you like to stay close to mouse island, try the Holiday Palace Hotel which is only 5 minites walk. Personally, when I will return to Corfu, I will stay in a hotel within the town of Corfu.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Michalakis-cy
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kanoni
Corfu Holiday Palace
#4 of 10 in Corfu Town
Royal Boutique Hotel
Royal Boutique Hotel
#4 of 5 in Kanoni
Mayor Mon Repos Palace 'Art Hotel"

Been to Divani Corfu Palace? Share your experiences!