“We Had A Great Time!”

Hotel Hellinis Kanoni
Ranked #5 of 5 Hotels in Kanoni
Reviewed October 13, 2012

I am a big believer in "do enough research and therein lies the truth". For me, I can say that something in nearly all the reviews struck a chord with me. I would say if you read something and think you are that type of person that it would annoy, then give it consideration....that's the great thing about tripadvisor....

But for me this has to be 4 stars. Not because it is a 4 star hotel but because for sheer value, food, drink and accommodation and the helpful staff, how can I give it anything else.... We paid £25 per night per person for all inclusive. You could barely get a reasonably priced room for this back home let alone good enough food and all you can drink (and I reckon we drank our room price alone, certainly based on Corfu Town prices)....

The staff are great, always willing to help, the breakfasts are good (tho the honey and jam situation true) and the room size alright. The hotel is well situated to explore a lot of Corfu at little cost. Buses (1.5 eu) were every 20 mins outside the hotel. We had a great time and were really pleased with the value.

We slept at the front opposite the airfield, which didn't bother us, and I would say I am a light sleeper. Yes I did occasionally knock my knee of the bed from time to time and had some calamities in the shower. I suspect the size of my butt had something to do with this!! It is a wet floor shower so que sera... Oh and yes there were wasps....am pretty phobic about them and still managed to be all grown up about it.... The food is Greek cuisine, probably not all inclusive food Costa Del Sol stylee, it's a small hotel so not loads of choice but I enjoyed most meals except maybe one lunch. We went, knowing we wanted to eat out a couple of times, back to the sheer value of the place (check out Corfu restaurant reviews here, awesome)!

In short, we would go again :o)

7  Thank Damask70

Reviewed October 7, 2012

Stayed 21 sept for 10 days all inc & have to say that for a 3 star it ticks all the boxes.
The room was a good size with a typically greek bathroom,(small but clean),the room was cleaned daily & towels changed every other.
The food was good considering what you pay, allways several choices & plenty of it.
Drinks at the pool bar were good & the staff (john & alex) were very friendly.
Reception staff were very good especially Alexandre for whom nothing was too much trouble.
The noise from the planes was never a problem (fab ouzo).
The only downside to this hotel is that the pool is shaded by trees, however a 5 min walk gets you to a lovely sandy beach.
Met some nice people which allways helps, Shannon,Debbie & linda, Tedern,lol.
Overall an excellent holiday & will definately be returning.

1  Thank pedro5058
Reviewed September 29, 2012

Spent a week here with my husband, was a cheap holiday and good value for money. We were all inclusive but the food was not up to much so we ate out every day. Hotel staff friendly and efficient, hotel was clean, very near airport which was fine for us, we enjoyed watching the planes take off and land. Nice places to eat nearby, lovely wee beach bar and hotel near a bus stop and handy for Corfu town. We enjoyed the holiday, just the food that wasn't good.

• Stayed: September 2012
2  Thank littleum
Reviewed September 28, 2012

I've been there in the middle of September 2012 with my wife. The place is nice, but the average cleaning service could be largely improved.

Nice breakfast and good prices at the bar service.

It would be a good choiche if you want some comfort at very cheap prices.

It is placed close to the landing strip of the airport, so consider this if you plan to stay there during all the day; while, during the night, the place is very relaxing, there isn't any noise.

1  Thank nicodds
Reviewed September 24, 2012

I had read the reviews so I didn't expect too much, however was still a tad disappointed. Room was small, veranda even smaller and we had half a marble table on it too. Had a lovely view of a graffitii wall to look at too. If you are going ask for a pool view as they have bigger balconys too. Plenty of beds at the pool but only around 10 get the sun, which had towels on permanently so you couldn't get on them either. Food was OK ish, very samey and meat not identifyable most nights, very limited choice. They will make you chips if you ask though.
Staff were great, very helpful and chef does well for what he has to cook with and probably on a limited budget. Hotel pool and reception areas are nice. Beach 5 mins down the road is brilliant, and captain georges up the road for food is lovely too. Not sure I'd go back, but didn't pay very much for it either so didn't expect too much.

Room Tip: Poolside view have bigger balcony and a fridge
1  Thank SJY123
Reviewed September 20, 2012

Just spent an enjoyable week here. Pool area is nice, plenty of beds but quite a bit of it is in the shade most of the day. We found the food very nice! Breakfast was the sme every day, lunch was better than what i would have expected, sometimes beef or chicken or pork. We had Moussaka, there was always a choice of rice, pasta, potatoes, or all 3 if you like. The chef does an amazing job on a very limited budget in my honest opinion! The pool bar is nice. John (Yiannis) is an excellent barman & you are never without a drink for long whilst he's there. We found all the staff very friendly though the other barmen could learn a lot from John. We paid £318 each for a week here which is unbelievable value! Some people seem to only want to pay for 3* but expect 5*! I must say we have had worse service at 5* hotels!

2  Thank Brian K
Reviewed September 19, 2012

me and my partner in our forties av just arrived bk from a wk at this hotel. staff were pleasant, rooms were smallish but ok, very basic no fridge in our room. breakfast was bearable but lunch and dinner were awful, no seasoning at all, cudnt even tell wot we were eatin and cold all the time. jams, cereals and honeys were left out all day ideal feast for the wasps and flys that swarmed in the restaurant. very little to do by hotel but corfu town not bad. rained solid for 2days while we were there which made the holiday more dismal than eva. howeva we met some lovely people there, also some very rude ones but these were the local people. will be sticking to turkey i think, wudnt go bk ere for free.

1  Thank paula s
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kanoni
Ariti Grand Hotel
#8 of 9 in Perama
Divani Corfu Palace
Divani Corfu Palace
#2 of 5 in Kanoni

Been to Hotel Hellinis Kanoni? Share your experiences!