“Never again”

Hotel Hellinis Kanoni
Ranked #5 of 5 Hotels in Kanoni
“Never again”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 19, 2012

On first arriving everything looked fine. Then the food was edable but very limited. The bar snacks well all there was, were sausage rolls everyday. There was no entertainment and nothing else around there very rundown even going into Corfu town it was rundown will not be going back to Corfu again

• Stayed September 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
London, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 17, 2012

The holiday started off good, staff seemed friendly and general facilities were ok-ish. What let it down was the food was awful, the pool only caught the sun for about two hours of the day and the all inclusive deal was a bit of a con.
However what ruined the holiday was that my camera 'went missing' from my room and staff were suddenly not so friendly and helpful and told me I must have lost it, although I knew I had left it on charge in my room. They did nothing to help and passed me from person to person, nothing was resolved and all my pictures from my holiday were gone, including my camera!
Not acceptable, I would avoid this hotel.

Room Tip: one side of hotel faces the runway of the airport, the other faces the pool however has no sunlight.
2 Thank julespeters

Travelers are raving about these Kanoni hotels

Brighton, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 16, 2012

well ive just come back from a week here with 2 friends we arrived in the early hours of saturday the 8th sept and when we got there thought it was lovely got to room and for 3 of us sharing wasnt to bad! the breakfast the first day seemed lovely mini sausages bacon eggs and fresh bread everyday but then it gets boring havin the same thing everyday! all inclusive is good drinks free from 10am til 11pm but no snacks in the day the food is very samey but the chef does the best he can with the food hes given.
the staff are very nice and friendly but at the same time when it gets busy the hotel is short staffed the cleaners are amazing though and i dont think the hotel would cope without them.
the pool is clean but cold! lots of sun beds though if you want a lazy day in the sun.theres a bus stop outside the hotel a number 2 every 20 mins to get to corfu town (if u want the good shops and bars in corfu town dont get off the bus until u get to a park area cant miss it lots of bars and bikes everywhere) and if u want a beach you need to get the number 2 and number 7 buses takes about half hour.
we met some amazing people but unfortunately there were some locals who didnt stay at the hotel but used to facilities who were rude made remarks about others and made us feel rather uncomfortable but everything else was lovely there is so much to say about this hotel but u have to experience it this was my first ever holiday abroad and i loved it not sure i would stay at this hotel again just on the basis the food wasnt that great and did make us a bit ill for a few days but everything else was good. all in all though hellinis is nice close to a few shops and bars and had amazing views and is pretty good for the price.

Room Tip: dont get a room near the front the planes might keep u awake!
Crawley, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 11, 2012

we were 4girlse and really enjoyed our stay at corfu Island. the hotel had a great location and busses/taxi to everyhting you can desire for all ages: interesting places, history, architecture, , aquapark, nightlive, restaurants, bars, beachers, fishing, shopping, animal shows, mini cruises...
the service was great.
staff fun and friendly.
food didn't have variety but it depended on management because the cheff really tried hard.
manager - quite unpleasant guy and stressed the staff - not tourist though.
room size was ok, comfortable beds, airconditioning for free,
close to airport but if you close the balcony window, you cannot hear the noise and to see the plain taking off or landing is quite interesting.

Room Tip: pay for swimming pool view
scotland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 8, 2012

We stayed at Hellinis from 31st Aug until the 6th September and we can't fault it!

We got a really good price so the room we were given didn't have the best view although we hardly spent any time in it so it didn't really matter. The pool bar is excellent - the beer is Mythos and tastes lovely and my hubbie enjoyed a few too many rum and cokes :-) They certainly didn't scrimp on the measures.

The staff are lovely and are always helpful and cheery, they helped us with taxis and always provided a great bar and waiter service, although they could probably do with some help for the amount of people staying, they worked tirelessly.

We took 2 excursions, Theo's boat trip which was amazing and Aqualand but don't book at the hotel, just get the bus into town for 1.10 euros and join a boat or catch the bus to Aqualand there, it will save a fortune.

I really enjoyed the food and as a really fussy vegetarian, there was always something lovely for me to eat. There were some English guests who arrived after us that continually pestered the chef to make chips which he obliged for them most nights but I thought it was extremely rude and totally uncalled for when they hadn't even tasted the food, it was pretty embarrassing and I glad I am Scottish.

There was always fresh bread and salad and usually stuffed tomatoes or a pasta dish and moussaka. My husband enjoyed the meat most nights and we had no complaints. It really couldn't be better for a 3 star price - if you want a 5 star hotel pay a 5 star price or quit moaning!

The pool was huge and very relaxing, there is music playing but it's not intrusive if you are sunbathing round the pool. The wee cheese pie snacks were yummy too and very addictive.

We ventured out for 1 night to The Captain's restaurant at the top of the hill but we were ripped off with the bill and only noticed afterwards and it left a bad taste after what was a very enjoyable night, the food was nice but not worth the extra cash they swindled out of us.

Overall we had a fantastic week and would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone. If you want to be in the thick of it, I probably would try and stay closer to the town but it was ideal for what we wanted.

We loved watching the planes, I hardly even noticed them to be honest.

We would definitely return to Hellinins!

Room Tip: The rooms at the pool are bigger but cost a little more, our room was tiny but it didn't bother...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank shellym13
Huddersfield, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 28, 2012

stayed at Hellinis hotel between 17th - 25th August, on the whole it was good for the price. Room was adequate as was bathroom. All inclusive food was lovely to say there were only a few all inc guests, we enjoyed traditional greek dishes and there was pleanty of fresh salad and freshly made bread, breakfast was a bit repetative. The staff were great, very friendly and helpful, The chef is very informative on what is in his dishes and his moussaka is fantastic.

Room Tip: rooms facing pool quieter, rooms facing inland smaller and rooms facing runway quieter if you have d...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank tiger045
Iasi, Iasi, Romania
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 19, 2012

When you arrive you will be pleased. The lobby, restaurant, pool area, bar are very nice but once you go to the room thats where the problems starts. They are very small, and when i say small i mean it. The smell hits you(it not expensive to put an air freshner i think), in the bathroom you must take a shower on the floor and get wet all the bathroom. The blankets smell like they never seen the air and the balcony floor never seen the water. I will put some picture below to see for your self. At the pool the blue color of the sunbeds it remains on your skin. Airplanes are leaving or arriving at every half an hour so the noise is terrible.
I dont know but can you get better for this money in Greece or what ?! I hope I can otherwise I'm going for Turkey next holiday. Good luck.

Room Tip: I dont know wich room are better. I can tell that the pictures they put in are photoshop made for su...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Alin C
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kanoni
Royal Boutique Hotel
#6 of 8 in Messonghi
Sunset Hotel
Sunset Hotel
#5 of 10 in Corfu Town

Been to Hotel Hellinis Kanoni? Share your experiences!