Found that hotel occasionally by searching on maps - what hotel to order. And I can say that we won. This is interesting hotel, well recently renovated, built on the big hill, when expensive rooms are on the hill and the all activities are down near central pool, beach and reception/restaurant.
We had Junior Suite rooms with privat pool. It was cool to have own pool (small but nevertheless), especially when children wanna swim after lunch and it is too hot to go to the beach. Very nice view arround on the high hill. Interesting nature and animals like lizards (different multicolor gekkos), grasshoppers, spiders and ets. But the most funny - are the goats and sheeps on the mountain and hill slopes walking to and fro all the day (save the hottest time). Beeeee and meeeee sounds occasionally and smell of them - this is really village feeling.
Very nice rooms with modern furniture and bathroom, 2 TVs and conditioner. Nothing very special but all what we need.
Two strange things - wifi is NOT free even in expensive rooms and in our builging there was NO WIFI at all. Strange. The other strange thing - small safe-lock, which cost money. Why?!
Rooms are clean and staff clean them well everyday (remember to left coin or two as merci)
But in general - food was good (basic meal same all the time plus several different food variants each meal time), staff was friendly. Nice beach with free umbrellas and beach chairs.
Quite green territory (cause hotel is quite old in general, but renovated well as I said).
I can say I like that place, surrounded with Stegna village.
Sea is very clear, rocks are in depth and in different parts of the bay - one can easily find snorkling there interesting. Mostly entrance is sandy (beach is sandy 100%) but some thin line of pebbles and small rocks may be found between deep water and sea shore. But nothing bad and special - no problems for us.
Can recommend for different types of people, couples and families, even huge ones :)
P.S. They have limited access to free WIFI at reception/lobby (about 10-15 guests) so be ready to catch propriate time (for example in the midday or during the meal time (not after) and late evening.
P.P.S We rented a car nearby and used parking on the territory for free - very comfortable.
P.P.P.S. One can find everything you need in the hotel, including sport areas like tennis court or fitness or even SPA. All the day - very good animation. Your children will be happy. Adults are also involved, till the late time at midnight!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ideally located on one of the most beautiful beaches of Rhodes, Porto Angeli is a lovingly designed hotel with a warm carefree atmosphere combined with good food and varied entertainment.Whether you are seeking relaxation or action packed sport and fun activities for the entire family be sure that our caring staff offer individual assistance so that you may enjoy a truly memorable experience. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Bookgreece.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Porto Angeli Beach Resort Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Club Calimera Porto Angeli Hotel Stegna
- Calimera Porto Angeli Rhodes
- Calimera Porto Angeli Hotel
- Porto Angeli Beach Resort Hotel Rhodes/Stegna