Open today: 6:00 PM - 10:30 PM
Review Highlights
True Story - Review

True Story - Review I never make Reviews But this was an exception. On our first vacation to... read more

Reviewed July 26, 2018
scottvanessawilliams
La Jolla, California
Heart and soul and olive oil

Reviewed June 10, 2018
SJPW33
Southampton, United Kingdom

Top Selling Tours & Activities in and around Koutsounari
from $78.45
More Info
All reviews the owner true story olives george shop states crete ierapetra island
Selected filters
Reviewed July 26, 2018

True Story - Review
I never make Reviews
But this was an exception.
On our first vacation to Crete,
My wife and I were driving and came across a shop called all about oil on our G.P.S.
so we stop to take a look.
We walked into a small shop.
A man approaches us, and with a smile, he asks us how he can help us.
He started to give us information about the products that he makes.
He gave us to try some olive oil and other products.
Two customers walked in and he says hello to them with a smile.
I turned to my wife and asked her if the shop owner looks familiar to her.
The shop owner asked us where we come from.
We reply from the US.
He said that he was there over 20 years ago and had a restaurant, bar, with a live music venue called cheers.
To our wildest surprise, it was the owner from cheers standing right in front of us.
This man was a legend in the bar scene in the 90’s.
He had the best food and drinks in town, and always treated all of his customer’s right.
This is the place where I met my beautiful wife.....
I used to go to cheers to get a bite to eat and to see the live bands.
My fondest memory is seeing B.B.KING and Stevie Ray Vaughan play there.
George was a musician and sat playing drums with these unforgettable musicians.
After traveling thousands of miles to an island, my wife and I never could have imagined seeing someone from our past in Crete.
What a small world…………..
Seeing George after 30 odd years brought back great memories.

Now for the review.
We bought extra virgin olive oil and many other products, to take back with us to the States.
I am a chef by trade and I work for one of the top 10 restaurants in California.
I use many different types of olive oils on an everyday basis.
Trying the olive oil I consider that St.John’s extra virgin olive oil is a very well balanced olive oil.
As soon as you taste the olive oil it puts a smile on your face.
It has just enough sweetness, with a slight fruitiness with a taste of fig and apple and it finishes off with a little bit of spice at the end.
In my professional opinion, I could say that St.john’s extra virgin olive oil is one of the best olive oil that you can buy.
If you ever in Crete, just go to this shop without a doubt.
We highly recommend it.
Scott and Vanessa Williams.

Date of experience: July 2018
1  Thank scottvanessawilliams
Reviewed June 10, 2018

When you love what you do and you are passionate about quality, you have all the ingredients for a wonderful product. Buying olive oil and other olive oil products is a pleasure here because you know that George, the owner, is committed to producing the best possible.

Even if you don’t like shopping, you should make a visit to this place. The interior is cool and charming and the welcome is warm and helpful. An experience not to be missed. And when we are enjoying the distinctive olive oil many miles away in a much cooler climate, we will think of George and wonderful Crete.

Date of experience: June 2018
2  Thank SJPW33
Reviewed February 7, 2018

We bought olive oil there and the owner is really friendly and he told us what we can find interesting places around. He really likes his job and the oil was excellent and alcohol drink with honey also.

Date of experience: June 2017
2  Thank Asmarat R
Reviewed October 12, 2017

I had the chance to step in and met John - the owner. You recognize immediately that he loves what he is doing and you can see, taste, smell and try it in all his products.

Based on a fantastic high-quality Oilve-oil, the skin-care is extremely smooth and gentle. So make a stop at least on your way back home, buy some products and you will have all your summer-feeling much longer on your skin.
John will explain all about ingrediences and the careful production he´s leading - very nice to listen, very nice to feel his passion for Olive-Oil.

Date of experience: October 2017
3  Thank Goodguy_VIE
Reviewed June 24, 2017 via mobile

excellent olive oil and other products made of olive oil.
i know the shop since many years and bought there.
nice shop and friendly owner

Date of experience: June 2017