“Great first 4 days of our honeymoon!!”
Review of Creta Suites

Creta Suites
Normandy Park, Washington
“Great first 4 days of our honeymoon!!”
Reviewed July 12, 2011

Creta Suites is a small complex that has great customer service. We started our honeymoon here and plan to move onto Santorini and Rhodes shortly but could not have asked for a better start to our honeymoon. If you are seeking modern facilities and HD Tv's, this may not be the place for you....however if you want to feel like you are in Greece and away from the typical US resort, this is the right place. Very simple, friendly staff....A special mention to the cook Emanuel......he made the trip!!! Felt like family with everyone around. This is definitely a place to return to if you enjoy the quiet getaway, the beach is not in walking distance however, it is not a far drive and there are options of private beaches if you're looking for a romantic break away! Loved Creta Suites. An earllier review stated you need to pay for internet, but there is wifi available....currently using it right now:)

Room Tip: they gave us the option of two different rooms upon our arrival, we chose the best view, a few stair...
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank carrierichards

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
  • Greek first
Rethymnon, Greece
Reviewed June 13, 2011

This is a small village with many apartments and perfect especially for families. I stayed there with my 12 years old daughter and my friends with 4 children. The apartments had all the facilities for cooking,making cofee,ironing etc. Big balconies-we asked for connected ones- most of them with good view. The staff was polite and so was the manager. You can order Manolis at the restaurant what you want to eat in the evening or next day -he cooks great!You can also make everything on your own,if you are low budget....We found it at very good price on booking and my friends negotiated the price with the manager and we all got perfect prices,although the days were public holidays. The rooms were really clean. Do not expect the super modern furniture or high defination TV, equipment is perfect for its price and everything worked perfect. The internet is charged, but we found free wi-fi.The vilage is on mountain and you need a car to go to the sea,but the beach nearby is very clean and 5 minutes by car. Go to KAKUS BAY beach(turn left after koutsounari)-there is no wind even when it is windy

Room Tip: Avoid rooms near the piscine, there is noice.
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank popitzim
Ierapetra
Reviewed March 29, 2011

I stayed in CRETA SUITES apartments last year with my daughter. On arrival I was pleasantly surprised with the friendly service from the male and female staff and management. The apartment was very clean fully equipped, and I got my sea view on which I requested from my travel agent .My daughter wasn’t long making new friends ,once he had access to the play station and kids pool, the girls serving at the bar are so pleasant and helpful ,the beech is very clean BLUE FLAG, which is very relaxing and scenic all around ,the Greek nights was great crack ,I meet lovely people who return to CRETA SUITES year after year , got to admit I’m going to be a returning customer also............ so roll on 2011 .

Room Tip: Talk direclty to the Manager Mr. Tollis
  • Stayed October 2010, traveled with family
3 Thank editolis
Preston, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 16, 2010

Not very friendly service, poorly stocked pool bar, dirty apartment> The toilet has never seen bleach it was disgusting, Scum around the bath I could scrape with my nail. No hot water in the morning had to have a cold shower every day. Cockroach in the kitchen not what I would call a 4* at all. The bed was very very hard.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with family
4 Thank Nancy166
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed January 8, 2006

We are from ATHENS - GREECE and we travel to CRETA SUITES in the june 2005. It was the first time we visit the south Crete.
The town of Ierapetra and the areas have many thinks to offer.
There is first of all a nice organized town, with a beautiful boulevard and some ancient places.
The city have a descent shopping center. Plenty of taverns. We visit Spinalonga on the north coast, Vai palm beach, Sitia town in the east and Agios Nikolaos in the north. Also we visit Monastery Toplou, Zakros, the ancient Minoan site and the valley of the deads, a super gorge. We reccomend the beach at Koutsounari and Makrygialos. Then we have a cruise to Chrissi Island, the best but most forgotten island of Greece. Golden sand beaches here. There's so much more but do you have enough days.
Creta Suites Hotel is nice and clean. Spacy rooms with a lot of facilities. The best view i had in my life and the air is very clean and healthy their. It was good for my asthma problem. The stuff was very friendly and the food was excellent. We reccomend the hotel for young people, couples, honeymooners, families with kids, active or adventure travelers.
We will go back again for sure.

• Stayed June 2005
9 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Orlando, FL
Reviewed January 4, 2006

My wife and I stayed at Creta Suites in 2004, we got the room via an RCI timeshare swap. Ierapetra is on the far side of Crete from the airport/seaport at Heraklion, and after a long night drive over the mountains dodging Greek drivers (scary stuff) we finally found the resort, which is actually in a small village east of Ierapetra proper.

The resort is on the middle of a mountainside facing the Libyan Sea on Crete's southern shore, and a bit hard to find in the dark. Don't be fooled by RCI's promise of the beach being "a short walk"--it's more like a long hike, if you're crazy enough to go on foot. The room was a pretty standard timeshare suite, with cheap-ish furniture and small but functional bathroom and kitchen fixtures/appliances; about what we expected. The balcony view is wonderful. The location is very nice for exploring eastern Crete, a reasonabl drive from Sitia and many other lovely villages and cities. Ierapetra itself is charming, but you probably don't want to spend more than a couple of days on it. The south coast is much calmer and less crowded than the touristy north coast, and we appreciated the lack of hustle and bustle.

The evening caretaker at Creta Suites was a wonderful host. I wish I could say the same for the daytime receptionist, who was much more interested in making iced coffees for herself than assisting the guests. Again, contrary to RCI's promotions, there was no restaraunt or bar open on site, and no internet connection (the last was not important to us, but I didn't appreciate the dishonesty). When the hotel's hot water failed three days into our stay, she was worse than useless, and made no effort to assist guests or make any arrangements for compensation. In addition, she demanded a 50-Euro payment when we arrived, a payment noted nowhere on any RCI paperwork for our reservation, or on the Creta Suites listing at RCI.

In short, it was a decent place to stay if you know what to expect from a timeshare, but don't trust the RCI listings, and be prepared to be your own concierge. You won't get much help from the daytime staff.

• Stayed March 2004
10 Thank Alfonzo_Tangerine
Also consider these accommodations in or near Koutsounari
Koutsounari Traditional Cottages
Almyra Hotel Village
#5 of 6 in Koutsounari
Aroma Creta Hotel Apartments & Spa
Elounda Water Park Residence

Been to Creta Suites? Share your experiences!