Denali Bluffs Hotel
McKinley Chalet Resort(McKinley Village)
$169
Hotels.com
$235
McKinley Creekside Cabins(McKinley Village)(Great Value!)
$199
Denali Grizzly Bear Resort(McKinley Village)
$189
Grande Denali Lodge(McKinley Village)
$329
The Perch Resort(McKinley Village)
$170
Orbitz.com
  • Restaurant
Cabins at Denali(McKinley Village)
$285
Denali Park Village(Denali National Park and Preserve)
$278
TripAdvisor
$179
$199
All reviewssliding doornational parkshuttle servicesister hotelon siteshuttle busvisitor centerhotel restaurantshopping areabox lunchesstayed here for two nightsbuffet breakfastyour luggagecoffee makerwilderness access centerrestaurants and shopsmountaineer
Reviewed June 20, 2014

The first impression is that the outside of Denali Bluff Hotel is very tired. The inside of the room is little better, walls are very thin you need ear plugs to get any sleep, the sink is in the bedroom you have little room to place your toiletry anywhere. I really can't recommend this hotel as it was the worse hotel we stayed in on our Alaska trip, also there are much better hotels in Denali you can stay in.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Jeanne86
ddkalaska, Director of Sales at Denali Bluffs Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 23, 2014

Dear Jeanne86, thanks for review. It is always interesting to compare the reviews of our Denali Bluffs hotel. Some guests love the location because it is quite cozy with a cabin feel - others are expecting more of a resort experience. You are correct, the bathroom is small - the rooms are quite "cabin like" and the view is looking into Denali National Park! Most of our guests spend very little time in their rooms- they are on our complimentary shuttle or taking tours into Denali National Park. I am sorry we didn't give you the experience you were expecting. Dee Dee Kay

Reviewed June 17, 2014

absolutely loved denali but this hotel is one of the worst I've ever stayed. astonishingly rude staff. marian, the shuttle driver was literally the only friendly employee I encountered. my room was small, hardly cleaned, and paper thin walls. stay elsewhere as to not tarnish your stay in beautiful denali. much aloha!

• Stayed: June 2014
1  Thank melissmelis
ddkalaska, Director of Sales at Denali Bluffs Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 18, 2014

Dear Melissmelis, I am so sorry that you didn't enjoy your stay with us. I would love to compliment the driver "marian" but I don't believe we have a driver by that name at our hotel. I am quite concerned that you found our staff rude - we have received a lot of very kind reviews concerning our staff. Did you notify one of our managers of your concerns and frustrations? We have been open for less than a month and perhaps some additional staff training needs to occur. It is difficult for us to react to problems unless we have been alerted. I am so sorry you didn't enjoy your stay with us. Dee Dee

Reviewed June 16, 2014

Our travel agent booked this place for us as it is very conveniently located to all the attractions in the Denali area, including the little shopping area at the bottom of the hill. Others have mentioned the paper thin walls; we were most disturbed by the fact that the bathroom sink was actually in the bedroom area, and there was only a narrow countertop around it, nor was there any shelving either above or below on which to store toiletries. Washing hands got everything on the sink surround quite wet..... The tub was right next to the toilet so we think the bathroom area was really tiny and the tub/shower hard to get to.
Additionally, our shower head was pretty clogged so only a little trickle of water came out - really hard to shower in those conditions. We asked to have it repaired so the second day the shower head was better (i.e. not clogged) but there was so little water pressure the problem continued. There were no hooks or towel bars in the bathroom to hang things, including towels, as we always prefer to reuse them at least a second time. Impossible in this poorly-equipped space.

The beds were fine, quite comfortable, actually, but there was no closet to speak of, only a little armoire with a small TV in it and three hangers. The space to hang clothes was about three feet high - inadequate for most clothes. There was one other area in the room to hang coats, so we hung them there instead. We asked for a few more hangers and were given several, none of which could fit on the bar in this particular armoire - go figure! And, the room was really dark - even with the vanity light on between the beds, and one small torchere in the corner.

We arrived quite late at night and were greeted promptly and the attention from front desk staff was quite good during our two-day stay so that sort of made up for the bad conditions. Because we had to be up at 4:30 the next morning for a bus trip into the park, we opted for breakfast at the hotel. Really bad food! How could one screw up oatmeal? Pretty hard, IMHO. Hubby ate the buffet and said the eggs tasted like "eggs from a carton" and the pastries definitely Sara Lee-type (not even that good) and the other items were inedible. Don't eat there if you can help it.

One last thing - because it was quite cold in Denali (40-50F) I walked around the room in white socks. Within one hour, they were very dirty on the bottom! Yucky!

We would not voluntarily stay here again. One last thing - the sister hotel, the Grande Denali up the hill, had beautiful views, a terrific restaurant and probably much nicer rooms. We should have stayed there instead!

And finally, because of our location on the first floor (people were walking by all the time), we had to keep the blackout curtains closed because that was the only way to have any privacy. That contributed to the dark room. So, they need more lights and maybe some decent sheers that let light in during the day and people can pull the blackout curtains closed at night.

Room Tip: Ours was on the main floor looking across at another bank of rooms and it was right on the pathway- no idea how to get anything better when we were probably the last ones in the night before!
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear Kipellen, thanks for staying with us - our rooms are small and cozy and we have little pathways between the buildings. With such small rooms the sink is outside the bathroom door. I am concerned about the quality of the food that you experienced at our Mountaineer and also about the carpet in your room. We do shampoo all the carpets before opening the hotel each year (mid May) but as you can imagine, in a national park people walk in with dirt on their shoes on a daily basis. Our rooms are vacuumed each day but just like in your home, carpets still get dirty. We do appreciate the input and I am passing it on to our housekeeping manager. We do have new bedding coming for our rooms and new sheers, etc. It will make a difference in the light in the rooms.

I am also sharing your comments on our breakfast buffet with our Food and Beverage department . I eat those same eggs quite frequently and have not had the same experience but it certainly needs to be addressed.

I am pleased that our staff reacted quickly to your requests,, hangers, clogged shower head, friendly greeting, etc. Our Grande Denali property is quite nice - a bit more expensive but quite nice and of course, we do have a complimentary shuttle service between the two hotels and the Denali National Park Visitors Center which allows our guests to see more of Denali.

Thanks again for your comments - as soon as our new bedding and sheers are in the rooms I will take a photo and place on tripadvisor and I believe you will see a big difference! Dee Dee

Reviewed June 15, 2014

As several people have mentioned, this place is very basic. There's plenty of hot water, the pillows are nice, and it's conveniently located to the "town" down the hill. If you have someone with mobility issues (or if you're just feeling lazy) there's a free little shuttle bus that runs to town every 30 minutes. If you're up for a walk down the hill you can be there within about 7 minutes. There's a restaurant on site as well as a small coffee shop that serves scones and other assorted snacks. There's also a laundry room though I didn't use it so can't say much about it. The staff is all quite friendly. Now for the downside- the walls are paper thin. I was able to communicate with my son in the next room just by speaking normally in my room. I heard my neighbors playing some sort of game. I heard other neighbors watching television. Bring earplugs if you want quiet. Also the bed is a bit hard. It's not the worst bed in the world and if you're exhausted it won't matter, but it's not going to win any awards. If I ever make it back up here I would probably try another property.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Amanda77433

Dear Amanda77433, thank you for your review - we are happy to hear that you found our staff very friendly and helpful - the scones, etc, in our Perky Moose are very nice - we are a seasonal hotel - open only in the summer months - the walls are not insulated as they would be in a hotel that operates year round. Most guests that stay with us are here to experience the outdoors and Denali National Park and we pride ourselves on our staff, our proximity to the shops and entrance to Denali National Park. I am glad that you enjoyed using our shuttle service. I want you to know that we take your comments seriously and will bring your concerns to our owners. Thanks so much, Dee Dee Kay

Reviewed June 12, 2014

Our travel agent had booked this hotel for us, and I was a bit worried having read some of the reviews about it being basic, etc. i had expected a simpler version of a Super 8 or so. On the contrary, we were quite pleased with the rooms: the beds are good, the bare necessities are present, and you don 't stay in your room except for sleeping in these surroundings. We slept well the first two nights. The third night some people in the same building felt the need to take a bath at 4:00 am (some of the guided tours start pretty early), and the noise of the water running and faucets opening, etc. is quite loud. Anyway, it woke us up more than once. Our room was situated close to the highway, and traffic is running till late at night.
The restaurant is fine and the prices are reasonable. Service on the whole is efficient and everyone is helpful and friendly.

Room Tip: Find out if there is a room in which the plumbing isn't so noisy - and not too close to the highway
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank designloverFlanders
ddkalaska, Director of Sales at Denali Bluffs Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 13, 2014

Dear designloverFlanders, thank you for staying with us and also for recognizing and very helpful and friendly staff. You are correct, many tours leave at 5 or 6 am so there are times that our guests are up very early in the morning. Many tours also come back late in the evening and since most hotels at the entrance to Denali National Park are on the highway there is some noise - the road is located in a "canyon" so the sound of the traffic does carry a bit. We are pleased that you dined with us as well. Thanks again for taking the time to write a review - we appreciate your comments! Dee Dee