Denali Grizzly Bear Resort
$89
The Perch Resort(McKinley Village)
No availability for your dates from our partners
McKinley Chalet Resort(McKinley Village)
  • Restaurant
Grande Denali Lodge(McKinley Village)
No availability for your dates from our partners
Denali Bluffs Hotel(McKinley Village)
  • Restaurant
Denali Park Village(Denali National Park and Preserve)
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewscedar hotelnenana riversmall storegeneral storethai food truckcamp storepay showersrv sitespark entranceview of the rivermain officetwo double bedssmall balconytrain stationshort driveprivate bathtour group
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 15, 2013

I am most upset at the prices charged for a one room cabin. The cabin is certainly cute and clean, but isolated and no amenities at all. They are depending on their customers going to the McKinley Village across the road. We stayed at one of the McKinley hotels for two nights, and the prices are about the same. This is outrageous. If you know the area, you know these are nice full service resorts. There is a small, poorly supplied "general store" on the premises and propane gas (for the campers). For people who want T.V., there is no reception (unless you like to watch snowy patterns). There is no shuttle service unless you pay for it which could get quite costly.

3  Thank Karen L
Reviewed July 13, 2013

The beds are uncomfortable, there's no A/C, and no black out curtains!!!! The door didn't close all the way so I had to spray all around it with mosquito spray just to keep the bugs out. It's overpriced. Let's not forget to mention the morning view. They allow people to camp in tents by the river and when I looked out my window the next morning, one of the campers, a grown man, was just standing there peeing. They do provide bathrooms for the campers but I guess it was just too much of an effort for him to make it up the hill. It might be a cute cabin on the river, but those are the only two things it's got going for it. Pack a cooler and bring your own food.

3  Thank tripadvise2u
Reviewed July 11, 2013

My husband and I spent only one night here but I could have stayed longer. The room was clean, comfortable and quiet. We had a beautiful view from our small deck overlooking the Nenamo River. I also loved hearing the sound of the running water. We arrived pretty late in the afternoon so I didn't get to see much of the grounds but the exterior of the hotel room was quite nice. The staff was very friendly and welcoming. We visited the Princess hotel down the street and the lobby was mobbed with people and very noisy so I'm very glad we stayed at this hotel.

Room Tip: There are cabins and hotel rooms on this property. I did not get to see the inside of the cabins so I can't say anything about them but I really liked our hotel room. We had a nice quiet end room on the second floor. I know there was a small convenience store on the property but I didn't get a chance to go inside of it.
1  Thank Kathleen C
Reviewed July 7, 2013 via mobile

What a wonderful find! We stayed at the cedar lodge and really fell in love with it. The lodge is about 6 miles from Denali park entrance and about 8 miles to all the restaurants, which is ok because the drive is beautiful. The rooms are rustic, but very clean and comfortable. Our favorite space was the balcony overlooking the Nenana river. Great spot to stay for a vacation at Denali.

• Stayed: July 2013
Reviewed July 7, 2013

Overpriced, NO AMENIITIES, and office staff not able to make adjustments. Reserved cabin, expected to have a cabin and not just a bed and a shower. We were going to just make the most of this bad situation, but when there was no hot water for shower... decided to talk with management. Had reservations for 2 nights, just wanted to pay and leave, but management said we would still be charged for second night. $200 per night does not make leaving AND paying an option. Management did reimburse $50. Stayed second night only to awake to no hot water again. Spoke with management and got no results. Will be seeking arbitration through credit card. Made for a miserable time at Denali. Beautiful sights, miserable stay.