The Perch Resort
$89
McKinley Chalet Resort(McKinley Village)
HotelsClick
  • Restaurant
Grande Denali Lodge(McKinley Village)
No availability for your dates from our partners
Denali Bluffs Hotel(McKinley Village)
  • Restaurant
Denali Park Village(Denali National Park and Preserve)
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewsperchpark entrancecreekside cafevisiting denali parksmall cabinglitter gulchsmall tablesalmonmilesanchoragehillwoodspizzeria
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 8, 2013

The area is just outside the park and makes for a fantastic illusion that you might be the only people there to explore the area. The cabins are basic clean and cozy. The young couple that checked me in was very helpful and sweet. Great coffee and the views were AMAZING!! Also you must not miss dinner! Go up and watch the sun circle the sky, the moose roam free and the majestic beauty of Alaska all around you.

Thanks for the wonderful time! I will be staying here again when I come back to AK.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 29, 2013

We were disappointed in lack of black out shades, and rustic in the extreme. OK for a fisherman, but not for the casual tourist. We would avoid this spot in the future. We stayed in many spots in Alaska on our trip from Denmark, and this was the poorest.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank planepowell
Reviewed June 22, 2013

We had the most horrible experience of staying at the Perch June 14, 2013. We wished now that we had just slept in the car, it would have been much better. We checked in and were given the key to our 'cabin' #20...when we opened the door we were VERY disappointed! There was a very offensive smell, the smell of something dead or dying or rotting-either way it was nasty! The place is....lets just say it is way over priced for what you get including the location... it was a joke. We went back up to the restaurant to advise of the room conditions. When we told Josh the room smelled horrible, he sort of chuckled and hymned and hawed and gave us the keys to #19. Wow...not much better!! No AC, TV, or phone, or internet or really anything... We opened the window in the loft to find an extended ladder up against the window....creepy/voyeur like .....We decided we were stuck there since they told us that because we made the reservation that morning we could not cancel! So we decided to walk around the area and down to the creek, but as we came to the back of the cabin, our water coming into the place, was coming in thru a garden hose!!!! Wow really? Does this meet health codes? The crazy thing is that we are in the travel industry, and we stay in hotels 3 nights a week!! This place was 3 steps below a camp site, actually a campground would have probably had better amenities!! As I said before we are in the travel industry and you can bet this place will never ever get our recommendation!! We have stayed in all sorts of places all over the world, from high end to economy....but this place was the absolute worse, and the 'friendly' (sarcastic) staff (Josh) was less than helpful, and should keep his opinions about my family to himself, at least while we are still in hearing distance...I can tell you the place stinks (literally) and is not comfortable, nor friendly, and definitely did not give off a safe feeling and for the price they charge, seriously, they should be giving us a refund!! I will do my best to deter anyone from staying there, an absolute pit!!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
6  Thank ValerieM2010
Reviewed June 20, 2013

Cabin was cozy, clean and in the perfect spot. Pizza was great at the pub and breakfast the next morning was also great. It was nice to deal with laid back people. Will definitely be back the next time we come back except will plan to stay longer. The past poster that complained about no internet missed out on the experience. You don't need to be connected all the time. I am an IT guy and the 90% of the time in Alaska I had my phone off and had no access to the internet and I loved it.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Ryan H
Reviewed June 13, 2013

Came up with some friends and stayed at the Perch for lodging.The cabin we stayed in was perfect, right beside a creek. For food, we went to the Perch Restaurant. We sat outside on their back deck, drank a glass of wine in front of an absolutely beautiful mountain. I ordered an appetizer of breaded salmon bites with tarter sauce that were awesome! My main dish was the roasted duck. I can HONESTLY say, that was the BEST dish I'd had ever had. Best of all, the service was great! Next door there is a pizza pub with great beer, even better pizza, and live music! I will be back for sure!!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends