Overall a great holiday, which I would definitely recommend, but there were both positive and negative aspects.
Positive aspects were:
- Lovely big room on the hillside with fantastic views over the resort and beach
- Great food in the restaurant (thanks to George the chef)
- Very friendly hotel staff, especially the Greek staff members in the bar and restaurant and on reception
- Fantastic range of activities: tennis, mountain biking, windsurfing, dinghy sailing, kayak, SUP, fitness classes, running groups...
- Excellent tuition for tennis (thanks Andy and James over from Halkidiki and Sivota respectively) and windsurfing (thanks Tim and Sam)
- Nice location just 10 minutes walk from the lovely village of Skala Eressos
Disappointing aspects were:
- Bikes were in a poor state of repair: both bikes I took out had faulty gears, and the inner tubes were wrecked with perished seams and more puncture repairs than you could count
- Windsurfing kit was battered and showing its age: very battered boards with multiple repairs, sails with battens missing
(It was the end of the season, but the kit should still be good for guests coming out in September.)
- The beach was closed on our arrival day, which was the windiest day of the week - very frustrating when you've come on holiday for the windsurfing
- My expectations had been set by a previous Neilson holiday at the Cosmos in Vassiliki where the beach staff always helped you to get windsurfing kit in and out. Not the case at Aeolian Village. (Perhaps one of the reasons why the kit is a bit battered?)
- The transfer from the airport is 2 hours, which feels long combined with the 4 hour flight.
- Also Known As:
- Aeolian Village Hotel Skala Eressou
- Comfort Inn lésbos
- Aeolian Village lésbos
- Neilson Aeolian Village Beachclub Greece/Lesbos - Skala Eresou