Beltsios Hotel
TripAdvisor
  • Beachfront
Villa Ourania(Troulos)
Priceline
All reviewsthe main roadbus stoptroulos beachskiathos townplenty of sunbedspool baron site restaurantfamily runlocal amenitiesthese apartmentsbed linengreat holidaygreat beachminute walk to the beachgreek saladwithin easy walking distancebeautiful island
Reviewed September 25, 2012

The 'Pensioners' in a reveiw below were the youngest at heart pensioners we knew....really upbeat about the unfortunate weather in mid september on Skiathos. We have visited many greek islands and found this one to be really excellent value for money. The slower pace of the island and the fact we had 2 weeks , gave us ample opportunity to chill out fully and make some fantastic friends. The beltsios staff were fab. I had dental problems in my first week and if it hadn't been for Tina at the pool bar the rest of my holiday would have miserable. Thomas cook was useless when i turned to them for assisitance....Tina booked an appointment (in greek!)and the service was fab!
We particularly enjoyed the 'angel prawns' at the Villa Rosa (11Euros) the fruit and Yogurt at mandraki beach (6 Euros) and very, very cold Magnum ice cream at the shack at the beginning of Koukanaries Beach(2.50Euros). We hired a jeep fpr £40Euros for one day and saw the island. Loved exploring Kastro and the church with the beautiful paintings there....shared that day with some fab friends that we met who were staying at the Troulos bay. They seemed to think that our accomodation was great value for money too. Hope this helps....and hope you have as great a time as us.

Room Tip: they were all good but some were larger than other...we had room 23...just a twin....room 24 was larger
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
12  Thank 1heather2
Reviewed September 23, 2012

Just returned from a week at the Beltsios, first time in Skiathos, found the apartments very clean and the whole complex very well kept, the staff were very friendly and we found some great places to eat i.e. Sun Rise, Rattatouie and in particular we enjoyed the Villa Rosa. The only down part of the holiday was the weather, we didnt expect rain, rain and more rain, thunder and lightning for 3 days. That apart we did enjoy our holiday and we certainly go back again, hoping for more sunshine next time. The buses are very good and get you to where ever you wish to go on the island. The other holiday makers staying there were all very friendly, and made our stay even better.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank pensioners48
Reviewed September 12, 2012

My wife and I spent a fortnight Self Catering at the Beltsios apartments early in July 2012. My review of our holiday would have been far more positive had it not be for an unfortunate incident midway through our stay. It happened after I'd returned from a little shopping trip to the local supermarket; after I'd finished unpacking, I returned to the poolside still drinking from a bottle of Tonic Water. As I settled down our rep. rushed over to me (red faced and flustered) and informed me that Tony (the pot-bellied owner) was apoplectic that I was drinking a beverage not bought from the bar, rendering him liable (should the taxman come along (!)) to a hefty fine! We are middle aged travellers and never intentionally set out to upset or contravene rules or by-laws, there are no signs advising against drinking ones ‘own beverages’ in the pool area. Up until that moment we were regular customers at the bar. To my mind a quiet word in my ear would have sufficed and I would have apologised profusely. As it was, it seemed a heavy handed response to an extremely minor misdemeanour, and in my experience of Greek travel an extremely (thankfully) rare one.This one incident adversly coloured my review.

Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
8  Thank jjmaboy
Reviewed September 11, 2012

Me and my friend went to the beltsios for a week in july, we thought being 19 year olds we'd be the odd ones out but we were made to feel extremely welcome by both staff and guests and we had many laughs with the bar staff in particular. The rooms were typically greek but extremely clean and done daily. On the day we arrived the islands power and water was cut due to a heatwave but the staff immediately powered up their own generators to make sure we were comfortable in our rooms. The pool is very clean and lovely to cool down in, if you dont fancy that, troulos beach is a 2 minute walk practically across the road and also very welcoming. We had an absolutely wonderful time at the beltsios and in skiathos, it is a beautiful island and there are great trips to be had! Would definately return to the island and to beltisios!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
4  Thank babybear25
Reviewed August 29, 2012

We have just had a fab week at the Beltsios. Everyone was very friendly and helpful. The gardens were well maintained and the pool was lovely. Rooms cleaned daily and clean towels and bedding every 3 days, the elderly cleaner was lovely always smiling! The beach is a gentle 2 minute stroll away and it is gorgeous. Plenty of tavernas to choose from we especially enjoyed Zorbas Mix grill plentiful and delicious. Buses go past every 20mins to take you to Skiathos Town only 2 euros each. Plenty to see and do one of our best holidays.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple