Stayed a La Luna first week of September with hubby and had the best time. La Luna is good standard self catering, the pool and pool area clean, the bar and bar food were all you could ask for, not too pricey. Yes, La Luna is up a steep drive (or steps) but the view, particularly in the morning whilst having a coffee on the balcony, is stunning. Welcome breeze around the pool as it is so high up.
We made some great friends and met some truly lovely people, the music duo at La Luna one evening were good, didn't go to the bbq. It was lovely to meet such nice people (all be it some Welsh, haha, love you Alan and Liz!!) everyone staying at La Luna seemed happy and friendly. All the staff were polite and friendly, especially Desi.
We used the buses to get around, no problem, 2 Euro each. Some lovely places to eat in Skiathos town. The beach at Troulos, opposite La Luna was all we needed, 8 Euro for 2 beds and a brolly. Supermarket right there for supplies on way back up to La Luna. Alternated between beach and pool.
Weather was perfect, sunny and warm but not too hot. Didn't need air con in studio as evenings were cooler and we slept well.
Booked a boat trip in Harbour on a yacht, not sure it was worth the extra money = 50 Euros each person, ('help yourself to the drinks' didn't happen) lunch in a pre arranged Taverna in Skopelos cost another 24 Euro, should have just taken the larger boat trip for less than half the price. Lots to choose from.
Skiathos is a beautiful Island and we will return, back to La Luna, hopefully same time next year but for 10 days, a week was just not quite long enough, we had just got used to the hill!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Just next to the shores of an Aegean Island famous for its vivid and green atmosphere, lies La Luna hotel, tucked into a wooded hill above the soothing beach of Troulos. In our hotel you will find airy and comfortable rooms which can create an idyllic and romantic atmosphere to a couple while a cozy and pleasant experience to a family. All rooms provide balcony or terrace with view to the Aegean Sea that will make you forget the urban monotony the minute you walk through the door. As a family-run hotel, we are working like a determined team, ready to create for you a pleasant and memorable holiday experience. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, Orbitz and Priceline so you can book your La Luna Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- La Luna Apartments Hotel Troulos
- La Luna Hotel Skiathos/Troulos