Boudouriani House
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
Atrium Hotel(Agia Paraskevi)
$105
$102
Skiathos Princess Hotel(Agia Paraskevi)
$178
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Korali(Skiathos)
Bookgreece.com
Magic Hotel(Agia Paraskevi)
No availability for your dates from our partners
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsgreek dancingbrother and sisterthese apartmentstroulos beachskiathos townbus stopother guestslike coming homesalt and pepperbbq nightnothing is too much troublewonderful hostsratatouillefantastic holidayyear after yearpool area isair con
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 15, 2012

This was our second visit to Skiathos and Boudouriani house having stayed the previous Year, where we enjoyed ourselves so much decided we would be back and booked again on our return to the UK. There were so many things which drew us back from the beautiful scenery, soft sandy beaches, the bustling atmosphere of Skiathos Town but mainly due to the warmth and friendliness of our hosts!!!!! I am another who is surprised at some of the negative comments from other reviewers when after all the accommodation is advertised as two star!! We have stayed in many other Greek Islands but never felt as "at home" as we have here. True the apartments are on the basic side but very typical of what is found elsewhere for this standard of rating. As we didn't use the kitchen apart from the odd snack or drink we found it pefectly suitable, there were the odd occasion when the shower pressure wasn't as strong as it could be but as regards cleanliness there were no issues. Where the accommodation shines is around the pool both during the day and at night. The sun loungers are superb and there are plenty of areas in either the sun or shade to enjoy an ice cold beer and beautiful meals prepared by Sophia or Paris. Evening times find Illias as the perfect host both before and after frequenting one of the local tavernas and many a happy evening was spent with other guests laughing about the adventures of the day and comparing meals. I'm sure if we'd had a problem with anything a quick word with the hosts would have seen it quickly sorted!! Once again I disagree with others regarding the road - true it is very close and care has to be taken that you do not stray too far into the road but traffic noise was negligible. Whilst I understand the Boudouriani will not be to everyone's taste for us personally it is an ideal place to chill, unwind and forget all our worries - so much so we have booked again for next Year!!! Neil & Jill

Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
6  Thank Donpipez
Reviewed October 4, 2012

Returned from my 5th visit and again i had a wonderful time. I really do not understand the negative comments as i have visited many Greek islands and mainland self catering and the Boudouriani provides more than most places i have visited and everything works! If i should have had any complaints then the lovely Dimitrakopoulos family would have resolved it. I visited with my Mother who usually stays in "fancy hotels" but she wants to return. We spent relaxing days around the pool,in fact Mum says they are the most comfortable sun beds she's ever been on. Testament is the video i have of her snoring on them!!!! The evenings eating at the local taverna's and then in the bar at the Boudouriani. Ilias is as entertaining and attentive as always but respects anyone who wants their quiet time alone.
I cannot wait to return in May and meet up again with my friends. English and Greek alike.
I highly recommend here if people still want to experience what Greece is like.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank SheepySheff
Reviewed September 24, 2012

We visited Boudouriani House for 2 weeks from 31st August & had a brilliant holiday could have stayed longer as it was one of the most relaxing holidays we have had! I have to admit that we were concerned before we arrived having read some very negative reviews but these were forgotten immediately as we received a very warm welcome from Ilias & were shown to our studio which was lovely. Yes I agree that the furniture is past its best but who cares? Comfortable beds, clean linen & towels every 3 days & cleaning carried out every day - what more do people expect - this is basic Greece not 5 star luxury! Pool area is really lovely & snacks fantastic value, the Monday BBQ is a must - fantastic value & a great evening for getting to know everyone - we met some great people during our stay. The apartments are on the main road but are set in lovely gardens & after the first day or so you hardly notice ay noise at all, very handy for the beach which is only a short walk away. The bus service is brilliant & Troulos is an excellent base as it is aboult half way along the route so takes about 20 minutes either way to Skiathos town or Koukounaries in the other direction. Lots of restaurants to choose from our favourite being Ratatouille. Car hire is a must if you want to explore the Please do visit these apartments and see for yourself what a brilliant family run them, they really are most welcoming & cannot do enough for you - nothing is too much trouble & negative reviews really upset them. We will most definitely be returning - unforunately not next year as our holiday plans are already made.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Giggy23
Reviewed September 22, 2012

Returned from these apartments yesterday (21/09/2012)
Having read some of the negative reviews before we arrived, I have to say we were very apprehensive. I do not know or understand what some people expect!! The apartment was spacious and clean. Ilias was so welcoming and we immediately felt relaxed. Correct the apartments are basic, but this is normal on the Greek Islands, we have been to far more basic ones than Boudouriani and have still enjoyed our holiday.
The pool area is very comfortable. Normally go to the beach everyday, the beach at Troulos is very pleasant, however the sun beds are far to close together,very low and uncomfortable and that pleasure will cost you 8 euros a day!! The tavernas on the beach are also very expensive. The snacks available at the Boudouriani are fantastic value for money and they presentation is first class. The BBQ on Monday nights is unbelievable for 10 euros and we did it twice. Thank you Sofia, Paris and Sofias' sister (sorry I did not get to know your name)
I really can not fault this accomodation. It has probably been the best value for money of all the Greek Islands that we have been to and we have not got many more to discover!
We will definately be returning, that is if there is any availability it took us 5 years to get to these apartments booking 12 months in advance. Can not possibly be as bad as some of the comments offered. Can it?

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Christine L
Reviewed September 19, 2012

I've been back in England for 2 days and am missing the Boudouriani so much, the place is so relaxing and fun. Ilias, Paris, Sophia and Christos are the most friendly and welcoming Greek family you'd wish to meet, they make their business feel like your home.
So after my initial gush, what can you expect from your stay here? The apartments are typically Greek and basic, very clean and comfortable. I've stayed on many Greek islands in similar accommodation, this being up their with the best. It's not 5 star, but would lose some of it's lovely Greek simplicity if it was. Every room has a balcony to sit out on, eat breakfast, take in the morning sun and chat with your neighbours. The kitchen area is compact with 2 rings to cook on, a toaster, kettle, fridge and sink, just enough to make yourself a tuna salad or omelette for lunch.
The pool area is excellent, with some of the best sun beds I've encountered, simply made for lying in the 30 degree sun all day. The pool itself is well kept and clean, though I occasionally went round with a net scooping out the suicidal insects and occasional leaf that had blown in. My 60 length swim every day certainly helped me cool down.
Paris and Sophia attend the snack bar in the day and cook the perfect food for that mid afternoon interlude to the sun or that hangover curing breakfast.
The bar is the place to be, come evening, just before venturing out for food and on your return later. One guest asked me what entertainment is on here? I said Ilias and us, pointing to the rest of the guests that had congregated. As a host Ilias is second to none, he'll serve you drinks till you want to go to bed, which was regularly after 1am and a little squiffy. He has a range of cocktails he makes and will attempt anything if you know what's involved. 90% of guests meet here to drink, chat, laugh and make great friends. This is our second year here and we've met lots of friends who've returned and new ones too.
I won't say much about the restaurants in Troulos, that's what Trip Advisor is for, though I will say we ate in a different place the nights we went out and all were good.
Needless to say, we will be returning here, back to our adopted Greek family and holiday friends. A truly wonderful holiday.

Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple