“Sad to be home”
Review of Boudouriani House

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Troulos
Boudouriani House
Ranked #2 of 8 Hotels in Troulos
Sheffield.
“Sad to be home”
Reviewed October 4, 2012

Returned from my 5th visit and again i had a wonderful time. I really do not understand the negative comments as i have visited many Greek islands and mainland self catering and the Boudouriani provides more than most places i have visited and everything works! If i should have had any complaints then the lovely Dimitrakopoulos family would have resolved it. I visited with my Mother who usually stays in "fancy hotels" but she wants to return. We spent relaxing days around the pool,in fact Mum says they are the most comfortable sun beds she's ever been on. Testament is the video i have of her snoring on them!!!! The evenings eating at the local taverna's and then in the bar at the Boudouriani. Ilias is as entertaining and attentive as always but respects anyone who wants their quiet time alone.
I cannot wait to return in May and meet up again with my friends. English and Greek alike.
I highly recommend here if people still want to experience what Greece is like.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank SheepySheff

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
York, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 24, 2012

We visited Boudouriani House for 2 weeks from 31st August & had a brilliant holiday could have stayed longer as it was one of the most relaxing holidays we have had! I have to admit that we were concerned before we arrived having read some very negative reviews but these were forgotten immediately as we received a very warm welcome from Ilias & were shown to our studio which was lovely. Yes I agree that the furniture is past its best but who cares? Comfortable beds, clean linen & towels every 3 days & cleaning carried out every day - what more do people expect - this is basic Greece not 5 star luxury! Pool area is really lovely & snacks fantastic value, the Monday BBQ is a must - fantastic value & a great evening for getting to know everyone - we met some great people during our stay. The apartments are on the main road but are set in lovely gardens & after the first day or so you hardly notice ay noise at all, very handy for the beach which is only a short walk away. The bus service is brilliant & Troulos is an excellent base as it is aboult half way along the route so takes about 20 minutes either way to Skiathos town or Koukounaries in the other direction. Lots of restaurants to choose from our favourite being Ratatouille. Car hire is a must if you want to explore the Please do visit these apartments and see for yourself what a brilliant family run them, they really are most welcoming & cannot do enough for you - nothing is too much trouble & negative reviews really upset them. We will most definitely be returning - unforunately not next year as our holiday plans are already made.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Giggy23
Crewe, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 22, 2012

Returned from these apartments yesterday (21/09/2012)
Having read some of the negative reviews before we arrived, I have to say we were very apprehensive. I do not know or understand what some people expect!! The apartment was spacious and clean. Ilias was so welcoming and we immediately felt relaxed. Correct the apartments are basic, but this is normal on the Greek Islands, we have been to far more basic ones than Boudouriani and have still enjoyed our holiday.
The pool area is very comfortable. Normally go to the beach everyday, the beach at Troulos is very pleasant, however the sun beds are far to close together,very low and uncomfortable and that pleasure will cost you 8 euros a day!! The tavernas on the beach are also very expensive. The snacks available at the Boudouriani are fantastic value for money and they presentation is first class. The BBQ on Monday nights is unbelievable for 10 euros and we did it twice. Thank you Sofia, Paris and Sofias' sister (sorry I did not get to know your name)
I really can not fault this accomodation. It has probably been the best value for money of all the Greek Islands that we have been to and we have not got many more to discover!
We will definately be returning, that is if there is any availability it took us 5 years to get to these apartments booking 12 months in advance. Can not possibly be as bad as some of the comments offered. Can it?

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Christine L
Market Harborough, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 19, 2012

I've been back in England for 2 days and am missing the Boudouriani so much, the place is so relaxing and fun. Ilias, Paris, Sophia and Christos are the most friendly and welcoming Greek family you'd wish to meet, they make their business feel like your home.
So after my initial gush, what can you expect from your stay here? The apartments are typically Greek and basic, very clean and comfortable. I've stayed on many Greek islands in similar accommodation, this being up their with the best. It's not 5 star, but would lose some of it's lovely Greek simplicity if it was. Every room has a balcony to sit out on, eat breakfast, take in the morning sun and chat with your neighbours. The kitchen area is compact with 2 rings to cook on, a toaster, kettle, fridge and sink, just enough to make yourself a tuna salad or omelette for lunch.
The pool area is excellent, with some of the best sun beds I've encountered, simply made for lying in the 30 degree sun all day. The pool itself is well kept and clean, though I occasionally went round with a net scooping out the suicidal insects and occasional leaf that had blown in. My 60 length swim every day certainly helped me cool down.
Paris and Sophia attend the snack bar in the day and cook the perfect food for that mid afternoon interlude to the sun or that hangover curing breakfast.
The bar is the place to be, come evening, just before venturing out for food and on your return later. One guest asked me what entertainment is on here? I said Ilias and us, pointing to the rest of the guests that had congregated. As a host Ilias is second to none, he'll serve you drinks till you want to go to bed, which was regularly after 1am and a little squiffy. He has a range of cocktails he makes and will attempt anything if you know what's involved. 90% of guests meet here to drink, chat, laugh and make great friends. This is our second year here and we've met lots of friends who've returned and new ones too.
I won't say much about the restaurants in Troulos, that's what Trip Advisor is for, though I will say we ate in a different place the nights we went out and all were good.
Needless to say, we will be returning here, back to our adopted Greek family and holiday friends. A truly wonderful holiday.

Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Garry A
Derby
Reviewed September 17, 2012

We went to the Boudouriani House Apartments on the 24 Aug for 2 weeks. After a painless airport transfer we arrived at the complex to a warm, friendly welcome from Ilias. We were shown to our apartment and quickly settled in. The apartment was basic but had everything we needed, after all,you are really only there to shower, sleep and prepare the odd snack if you can be bothered. Bed linen changed every 3-4 days as well as the towels. I would definitely recommend Ilias's cocktails, boy are they good!!! also for you gents the infamous 'FIX' (this is a lager) lol. The apartments are situated next to the main road but there are huge bushes that block the view, I personally would not say it is an extremely busy or noisy road as such and yes you are on a bus route, but it is very handy for catching the bus into Skiathos. We never sunbathed around the pool as we are beach people and the beach in Troulos is beautiful and the sea is lovely and clear. You will pay 8 euros for 2 sunbeds and a parasol (Aug/Sept 2012 price). There are lots of restaurants/tavernas to choose from and we were pleasantly surprised by how many there were. I would strongly recommend trying tavernas in Skiathos Town as well. Whilst there we arranged our own boat trip to Skopelos and surrounding islands, I would recommend doing this yourself down at the 'new' harbour in Skiathos Town. You can expect to pay around 50 Euros each person but it is well worth doing as the boat will take a maximum of 8 people. The day we went there was only 4 people on it and it was like your own chartered boat, we had a fabulous day out. I would also recommend a walk down to the airport to experience a plane taking off and landing, a great laugh as long as you are not stupid enough to stand behind the blast of the plane on its take off, like many people did!

We met some lovely people and had some great nights around the bar just chatting away the night. The BBQ is a night not to be missed, great food and dancing!!

I have read some negative reviews and really do question them. People have spoken of shabby apartments, faulty electrical's etc etc, but what i would say is that when you holiday in Greece it is basic unless you pay thousands of pounds to get luxury. Faulty items - if you don't say anything then how are the owners supposed to act on it if they are not aware.

So summing up would I recommend the Boudouriani House, yes I would. I think it is a great place in a great location. The whole family is lovely and will make you feel very welcome and wanted from start to finish..

Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
5 Thank DerbyCazza
Leeds, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 16, 2012

been to the Boudouriani House again this year (second time), met on arrival by Ilias, he was very warm and welcoming. We had a studio apartment which was basic but very clean and tidy and a spacious balcony that overlooked the pool. The apartment was cleaned on a daily bases and bed/towels changed regularly. We ate daily at the pool bar which had a nice selection of food cooked fresh and we would recommend trying everything! We attended the bbq night, the food was all cooked fresh and to an excellent standard, we were looked after very well and encouraged to join in with their greek dancing resulting in us making lots of new friends! All of the family are lovely and if there is anything that you need all you have to do is ask. The only negative point would be having to say goodbye and the holiday coming to an end! We will definitely be coming back love Alias and Ang!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank alan f
Leeds, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 8, 2012

Just got back from another 2 week stay at the Bououriani House, we were greeted by Ilias with great big hugs , it was like being with family once again. appartments are clean , bed linen and towels changed very frequentlly. All the family are fantastic, nothing is too much trouble. The greek night night was great with the all freshly prepared and absolutely delicious food ,we joined in the dancing and had a fab night .All in all you could not visit a better place. Will be definately returning again as lots of the wonderful friends we made will be doing.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Gillian P
Also consider these accommodations in or near Troulos
Skiathos Palace Hotel
Kassandra Bay Resort & SPA
Mandraki Village Boutique Hotel
Mandraki Village Boutique Hotel
#2 of 11 in Koukounaries

Been to Boudouriani House? Share your experiences!